PG Music Home
My first submission since my liver started failing from an overabundance of iron dues to hemochromatosis leading to a diagnosis of N.A.S.H. Got a transplant and got back to work.

Here is a song I wrote back in 2014 - worked on for a bit in 2015 - and just recently finished.

Hallūyāh (Worthy Of Our Praise!)

It was created using the all midi Chopin Slow Waltz in Band in a Box.

I then subbed out a couple of midi parts with big sample libraries such as: Miroslav Philharmonik I and II with Sample Tank from IK Multimedia
I then wrote the most of the 20 plus parts using the same program
Finally I wrote and added the vocals using East/West Hollywood Choirs teaching it how to say the words.
I laid most of the parts I wrote using a guitar with Jam Origins Midi guitar 2 software
and with a Komplete Kontrol S-49 keyboard.

Let me know what you think - blessings!
Really beautiful.
Thanks telet! Happy Thanksgiving!
A nice one...
Beautifully done...
I read a few of you articles...
I'm happy to know you at least know the correct name for the Name Above all Names...
Perhaps someday I will give you a test smile!
At 2.17 it begins to sound like parts of the Damien soundtrack.
BIG sound and interesting arrangement.
Wow, a lot of work but it was worth it. Very nice indeed, you should be proud.
Thanks Jim - Blessings!
Thank you tune - you are very kind!
Thanks for encouragment rayc - I will have to listen to soundtrack - I am unfamiliar but I can google :-P
Really nice job on this!! Production/instrumentation/vocals all sound great!! Take care. Greg
Lovely work that builds up in excellent fashion! The softer interlude is very effective! Nice use of those samples! Thanks, Torrey
thanks Greg - you are very kind!
Thanks Torrey - I appreciate you telling me what you liked - Blessings to you!
When this piece started I wasn't sure if I would keep me engaged for the entire journey. However, skilful use of well-chosen instruments plus impressive build of tension and drama did the trick. Very cinematic. Thought the final note of the violin was choked off somewhat and would have preferred to hear it prolonged for another second or so. Hope 2020 sees you overcome those challenges you wrote about.

Take care,

Brian.
Ghost - thanks so much for the kind word - now that you mention it, the viola does choke off - i will fix that
Thanks for the helpful comment!
© PG Music Forums