PG Music Home
Posted By: DIOECHOOTO Re Leaf Me (Ode To Kratom) - 02/10/20 02:53 PM
https://soundcloud.com/eric-ryser/re-leaf-me-ode-to-kratom

Hey, all!
This is my latest tune, and I made it using a new all-MIDI PG Style called "Delusion". I also sing and play all the guitars (except for a track from the style called "metronome guitar") . The bass in the beginning several or so measures I also play (you can hear when it changes to the PG MIDI bass, as a lot of "mud" vanishes).

The lyrics are on the soundcloud, but also here for your convenience:

Title: What A Tree Leaf (an Ode to kratom)
Alternate Title: Re Leaf Me (an Ode to kratom)

(Verse 1)
Damn pain, so unforgiving
misery mars nights and days
if nothing else try to hang on
There's nothing new that has promise
nothing left to give
just one thing I found to live.

(Chorus)
Relief that I wish I'd found years ago
Relief that is mine now I really know
Relief that people knew long ago
Relief that's so fine that I've got to show

(Bridge)
how that tree, and how much tea, really helps me

(Verse2)
Walking the straight and narrow
sometimes so hard to see
how I'm gonna make it on my own
We need one another to survive
hand in hand and glad to be alive
Don't ban plants, and hey, we just might thrive!

(Chorus)
Ooh, what a relief ahhh, what a tree leaf!
ooh, what a relief ahhh, what a tree leaf !
Tree leaf that I wish I'd found years ago
Tree leaf that is mine now I really know
Tree leaf that people knew long ago
Tree leaf that's so fine that I've got to show
How that tree, and how much tea, really save me

If you are interested in the subject matter you could start here:

https://www.americankratom.org/

Or, at my FB Page:

https://www.facebook.com/PAMAMIAM/

Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Re Leaf Me (Ode To Kratom) - 02/10/20 06:20 PM
Well, I guess you would want to write a song for a substance that helped you with chronic pain. I have so many friends suffering with pain, stripping their lives of any quality. I'll have to tell them about this stuff. As to the song, it's a bit quirky but not many directions you can go with the subject matter. I'm sure for you, it's anthemic, and I can understand why. Hope the stuff continues to work for you.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Re Leaf Me (Ode To Kratom) - 02/10/20 07:53 PM
Eric,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you are getting that relief.

That's a wild ride. Those drums are interesting. And some hot guitar licks there towards the end.

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: Re Leaf Me (Ode To Kratom) - 02/10/20 08:44 PM
Yes, that was a wild ride. Excellent use of styles and RTs.

I did enjoy this.
Posted By: DIOECHOOTO Re: Re Leaf Me (Ode To Kratom) - 02/12/20 02:50 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind and keenly observant words! The real "music to my ears" is when TuneMonger says he will have to share this possibly (very!) useful info with people he knows... for that is truly Mission Accomplished as to my ultimate reason for doing the song. "Raising awareness" sounds so trite because we hear it so often...but it's actually a thing, as we've just seen.

Catharsis? Not really, my emotions about my situation have long been processed, as I've had many years to do so. In fact, if anything making this song has messed with my mental health, simply in the fact that being the sole creator has had me listening to the song so damned many times during performing and mixing that it would get stuck in my head playing on loop! Now that would drive anyone nuts! The only antidote was to drown it out with other music...whether in the mood to listen to music or not, lol! But all's well that ends well, I finally decided I couldn't take any more working on it and released it warts and all for my sanity's sake. I've rebounded nicely, I'm back to my normal levels of bonkers I'm very happy to report.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you that listened and weighed in...much appreciated!
© PG Music Forums