PG Music Home
Posted By: Buttrey "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/24/20 01:31 AM
Here's a very short bluegrass number about a man trying to tell a cat who's boss. I hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/sam-buttrey/dontputyourcatbuttinmyface

Style is _BGMEDLY.STY (Old Time Bluegrass Band w/ Soloi)

RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~427:Bass, Acoustic, Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~431:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~428:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~432:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130

My DAW is Reaper and it provided some compression and reverb and stuff.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/24/20 08:37 AM
Assuming that the intention of this song is to create some levity , then I would say that you succeeded beyond all expectations smile (BTW that is a long winded compliment)
Posted By: Crossroads Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/25/20 06:02 AM
Hi Butterey,

very funny!!!

But you're on the wrong track: You may be LISTED as the owner of that place, but that's only the official version. A cat may - possibly, maybe, perhaps, under certain circumstances, on occasions, sometimes - grant you the right to share the same apartment, but that cat butt is the price you have to pay. If you still dont cooperate: They surely have more sophisticated means and ways to drive you nuts,...

Enjoyed it a lot !!!

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: rayc Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/25/20 07:34 AM
Funny!
Good performance on the vocals too.
The band's a little too quiet but I get the decision.
There's some de-essing that would be done if it were mine as sibilant sounds send me insane.
Reaper will allow you to do that VERY easily.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/25/20 09:36 AM
Agree with rayc on production issues...but I’m glad I listened in...15 minutes after my feline friend did this exact thing to me! Well said, although falls on deaf ears, I’m told. Fun and enjoyable work!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/25/20 11:03 AM
Hahaha. Well done, Buttrey! Our granddaughter, who just turned 6, loves it, too! She thought you were Keller Williams. Love it. She KNOWS this song was written about our cat.
Posted By: Buttrey Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/26/20 12:30 PM
Thanks for the tips and the nice words. My "production" style is hit-and-miss, mostly miss, but I'll get better, maybe. Thanks.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/28/20 12:55 PM
Loved It!
Needed a good chuckle this morning.

Fun song, fun lyrics, well produced and performed.
Nice job on the vocals!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/28/20 01:01 PM
Buttrey,
Don't get a puppy. Cats are the best! Funny, good spirited tune. Liked it! Listens very well. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Very funny stuff. Good bluegrass job.

Yep.... that's why I have dogs. They come with their own peculiarities.... like licking their butts and then coming to lick you.... but I'll take a dog any day. Besides that, I'm allergic to cats. Yep seriously allergic. And yeah, a dog will show you his hinter parts too.
Hahahahahhahaaaaa! Very enjoyable and the reason to get a dog. smile
As an owner of two very unique cats (one that requires a sweater to stay warm, and one that demands constant attention), I definitely appreciate the fun nature of this song! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/29/20 10:05 PM
Ha! Clever and funny lyrics, with which every cat owner will surely be able to identify.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Deej56 Re: "Don't Put Your Cat Butt In My Face" - 11/30/20 12:03 AM
Buttrey,

As an owner of two cats, I can totally relate to this. And having had to work from home these last few months, with the kitties jumping up on the desk and walking back and forth across my lap top, so true! A funny, clever tune, well executed and sung. The band could probably come up a bit more in the mix, but otherwise nicely done!

Best regards,

Deej
© PG Music Forums