PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 Tango (instrumental) - 11/27/20 07:05 AM
First of all, an apology. I haven't been on this forum for a while - at least, not regularly - and, as a result, I haven't listened to as much of your wonderful music, of late, as I would like - to say the least.

The reason for that is that I have a VERY important non-musical commitment in the first to second week of December, and that has eaten almost all of my concentration. Almost ... because, in my spare time and in order to relax (as you can see), I've been writing.

So ... in short: SORRY for posting up yet another track when I haven't listened to your tracks as much as I should have. I want to hear more from you and I will ... as soon as this commitment disappears, haha. But ... in the meantime, I just could not resist posting this ... just in case someone is interested in listening to it anyway - and is ready to forgive me for all that I've mentioned above.

Thanks for your kind understanding! :-)

https://soundcloud.com/jamesdelsono/tango

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Tango - 27 November 2020
File:Tango - 27 November 2020.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=3:31
No intro. 84 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 84. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
Soloist track has 99 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Key Signature,
Style is _TANGOTR.STY (Tango Trio w/ Piano)

RealTracks in style: 917:Bass, Acoustic, Tango Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 2642:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Tango Ev 100
RealDrums [in style:Tango: a: Kick, Snare b: 4x Kick, Snare

Posted By: Tano Music Re: Tango (instrumental) - 11/27/20 11:06 AM
James, I liked everything about this! The kind of solitary instrumentation, the deliberate tango rhythm, the melody (esp the first few phrase)--and I really liked the key change interlude--very nice! Great work all the way around, and thank you for posting this!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Tango (instrumental) - 11/27/20 01:18 PM
Oh, so nicely done, James. That lilting melody of the "flute", the guitar take-over, the key-change, AND the Tango all expertly done. Thanks. You are a smart man to take time out of such a commitment to create. Now, go; you are forgiven. Stay well.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Tango (instrumental) - 11/27/20 06:32 PM
Thanks Tano and thank you Marty! You too, stay well!!!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Tango (instrumental) - 11/30/20 01:31 PM
James, you're really so versatile !

I have to admit I don't know not much (if anything at all) about that genre, but I enjoyed the listen. Sounds very good.

Take care and stay well,

Stefan
Posted By: musician17 Re: Tango (instrumental) - 11/30/20 05:19 PM
Thanks Stefan. It's my first foray into the tango genre (I heard someone sing a tango song at the weekend and thought I'd write one myself, haha), so I didn't know how it was going to turn out. I'm glad you enjoyed it, therefore! You too, please take care and stay safe and well!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Tango (instrumental) - 12/02/20 01:21 PM
This is a really well done tango and with an all BiaB band!

Nice arrangement and mix also.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: musician17 Re: Tango (instrumental) - 12/02/20 01:33 PM
Thanks Janice and Bud! I forgot to state: the flute and clarinet soloists are written by me, by hand (i.e. note for note) in Sibelius (and mixed in Audacity). But yes ... the backing track is all BIAB!!! What would I, for one, do without BIAB??? A quite superb arrangement it's provided for this tango attempt of mine ... all I needed was to write the actual chords and the melody on top of it :-) THANKS PGMusic!!! :-) and thanks Janice and Bud, so kind of you to listen and comment, as always!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Tango (instrumental) - 12/02/20 02:02 PM
Tango can be rather sultry, this one lightens it up a bit with the flute keeping the mood more airy and happy.

Well done

moto

Posted By: musician17 Re: Tango (instrumental) - 12/03/20 07:19 PM
Thanks Captain Moto - and yes, absolutely spot on, mine is somewhat lighter due to the major key melody and the use of the flute :-) Well spotted. I was listening to some light Mexican music before I decided to write this, so that's probably why! :-)
© PG Music Forums