PG Music Home
Posted By: ChadHC Tree Songs - 11/20/21 01:28 PM
"Trembling Aspen Leaves" https://youtu.be/hGC14ewW8Ac

To be included in a nationwide tree song campaign for any artist wishing to submit something about trees (treesong.ca) on Nov 21st.

I put my song to video clips of a protected area....only a couple of days to put together but here is.

Mixed is Garageband.
I do acoustic strumming, harp and vocal tracks.

BIAB Song Summary

Title: Trembling Aspen Leaves
File:Trembling Aspen Leaves.MGU
RealTracks in style: ~518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealDrums in Style: NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open

Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Tree Songs - 11/20/21 09:03 PM
Nice song, well sung. Sounding like Bob Dylan to me. Good job all the way around.
Posted By: rayc Re: Tree Songs - 11/21/21 04:04 AM
What are those clicks n such? I hope you edited them out for the comp. You seem at odds with the rhythm in the video. It's a better sell without the visuals.
Posted By: ChadHC Re: Tree Songs - 01/12/22 12:50 PM
Sorry did not see response til now.......thanks much for the feedback....agree i tend to sound like the folky side of Dylan at times. Cheers
Posted By: ChadHC Re: Tree Songs - 01/12/22 12:56 PM
Thanks RayC.....sorry for the delay...did not see feedback to just now. The song was hurried for a last-minute submission for a tree campaign----not a competition but just people submitting any artform about trees ....correct on video not synched---was just a quick edit to add lots of visuals of trees/protected areas....and was lip-synched.

However, I did notice the clicks....but will check into that with the origional recording of audio to see what that is about.

Thanks kindly for your time on the feedback

Chad
Posted By: ChadHC Re: Tree Songs - 01/12/22 01:00 PM
oh ya...the clicks were the combining of the video backgound audio to song.....which had sound of person walking and leaves being thrown etc.....I decided to add a little of that audio in....as did the second harp player was from video
Posted By: firesong Re: Tree Songs - 01/12/22 01:57 PM
Chad...worthy song...the subject matter is an essential message to get out there...loved the acoustic texture and your voice is great with the style you chose...and I agree with Tune Monger and the Dylan comparison...I enjoyed it very much...thanks for posting...Dan
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Tree Songs - 01/18/22 09:10 PM
chad.
nice lyrics and i like those vocal doubles.
do i hear some noise on the trak ?

happiness to you.
best
om
Posted By: dcuny Re: Tree Songs - 01/18/22 10:30 PM
Very much Dylan-esque. Those clicks you left in a bit distracting, though.

Nice song!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Tree Songs - 01/19/22 09:36 PM
Pretty song!! Nice harmonies!! Yeah, the noises are a bit jolting at times.....otherwise, very nice!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Tree Songs - 01/20/22 08:00 AM
Hello Chad
Great song about our important trees
Very nicely realized
I like it very much
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Tree Songs - 01/20/22 12:22 PM
Excellent, Chad. Some of my best friends are trees. Love your guest harmonica player. Good video, too. Great message, and a wonderful song.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Tree Songs - 01/23/22 04:24 PM
Chad,

I enjoyed your tune! As many have noted, there is a definite comparison to Dylan to be had here, but you sing much better IMHO! I love that gentle backing track you've created, and the acoustic strum sounds wonderful.

This is the first tune of yours that I've heard and will be watching for more postings. Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums