PG Music Home
Posted By: Wallguy Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/02/22 11:46 AM
This is another one of my earlier attempts at song writing. Round and round we go!

Life is Like a Wheel
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/02/22 06:16 PM
Excellent song & video... Well done.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/02/22 06:31 PM
Great country song. You have a super voice. The backing track and mix were spot on.
Posted By: Wallguy Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/03/22 10:58 AM
Thank You!
Posted By: Wallguy Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/03/22 10:58 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/04/22 03:10 PM
Well written tune. Good vocals and arrangement.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/05/22 01:35 PM
Hello Reno,

A straight going very nice song with good vocal harmonies.
A nice band with that steel guitar.

I read why you chose the word 'wheel', but 'merry-go-round' was another option. Or is this no proper American word ;-) ?

I liked it!
Hans
Posted By: PeterF Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 01/05/22 05:25 PM
Nice country song, well produced and sung.

Enjoyed it.

Peter
Cute song and video!!! Philosophical, but in a light-hearted way. Nice mix and vocals!! Video is cool too! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Wallguy Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 02/01/22 08:31 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: Wallguy Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 02/01/22 08:32 PM
Thanks Greg!
Posted By: Wallguy Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 02/01/22 08:32 PM
Thanks Peter!

Sounds good man.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 02/02/22 12:09 PM
You're on a roll!

moto
Posted By: rayc Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 02/02/22 07:21 PM
There're a couple of spots where the "old man whistle" appears and it becomes accentuated by the processing.
You can manage that with a de-esser or, better still, some manual level control BEFORE the effects kick in.
You've assembled a nice band.
It'd be cool to know what style, what instruments and what processing you used to carry your good narrative.
The song does need something to end with - a modulation, a tempo change - something.

Life is Like a Wheel indeed...it's also a case of swings n roundabouts.
Unfortunately I won't be listening to your other tracks as there're lots of folk who post on the forum but get pushed off the 1st page when someone posts multiple tracks in a short period of time. I'll have to go to the "back pages" to dig them up & listen/comment.
You'll have noted that several forum members have commented. It's not required, or even expected in this day n age, that folk reciprocate but it's nice when they do.
No, I don't want you to listen to my stuff, but dig through some of the posts from other folk and give them a boost perhaps.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Original Song - Life is Like a Wheel - 02/03/22 02:08 AM
Looks like I missed this the first time around.

Looks like - sort of like that wheel you're singing about - it came around again. wink

Pleasant song - easygoing, good fit for the song. Nice harmonies, too. smile
© PG Music Forums