PG Music Home
Posted By: Rick Hansen This Diamond Ring - 09/01/22 03:57 PM
Hello all. Back again for feedback if anyone cares to give it. I had a wild idea to make Wav files from 3 different styles and paste them all into Studio One for a total of about 13 tracks and then cut and paste them around into what looks like a song. It was amazing how that opened up so many sonic possibilities, I was wondering if anybody else is using BIB this way. So here is "This Diamond Ring" using:

RealTracks in style: ~684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2046:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment CountryPopJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealDrums [in style:JazzFunkGroovin^1-a:Sidestick, Hihat , b:Snare, Hihat
RealTracks in style: ~405:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open
Style MIDI Instruments are : 40/1 Synth Bass 4 (attack), GM2 Bank 1, Pad-Poly Synth (91), Strings (49), Synth Strings 1 (51),
RealDrums [in style:RockEven8: a: Snare, HiHat b: Snare busy, HiHat

and about 5 tracks of me in and out of the mix.

https://soundcloud.com/user-800304115/this-diamond-ring

Bye for now,
Rick
Posted By: firesong Re: This Diamond Ring - 09/01/22 06:06 PM
Rick...really nice song...love the chord changes you used and your arrangement instrumentally...I think picking and choosing from different styles does open up so many possible arrangements and create some really great bands...if you could post the lyrics also that makes it easier for the listeners (like me) to follow the song for comments...I really liked the song!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: This Diamond Ring - 09/01/22 06:33 PM
I really like this, there's something about the production I can't describe, but it draws me in. The lyrics are often awkward meter-wise but you do a good job of singing them to fit the rhythm. Really nice, throaty vocal. What did you use for the strings? Overall, a good, good effort, hope to hear more like this from you.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: This Diamond Ring - 09/01/22 07:03 PM
Studio One has a synth called Mai Tai that has a something called Tomita Strings. I love the lushness of it. But that's just me. Thanks for the listens guys and yes this was very hard to sing! I'm going to stay home this weekend cause of the smoke (Nor Cal) so I look forward to hearing a lot of songs here.

Rick
Posted By: MarioD Re: This Diamond Ring - 09/01/22 09:18 PM
Rick, I keep getting a file not found maybe it was removed.

Have you removed the track?

{edit}
PS - also your song's Soundcloud link is like nothing I have ever seen before in Soundcloud.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: This Diamond Ring - 09/01/22 09:47 PM
All my songs are suddenly gone! I will post a new link when I find out what happened
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: This Diamond Ring - 09/02/22 01:22 AM
Their back! Weird. The link is good now and I have no idea what happened but I had to re-upload it.

Sorry.

Rick
© PG Music Forums