PG Music Home
Posted By: J. Larry Another country style - 06/05/21 04:39 PM
In another “wish” post, someone from PG Music replied saying, “provide some specific audible examples of styles you'd like to see.” Well, here’s a BIAB style I’d love to have----a simple, country half-time style that could be variant of some of the SW 16 styles. The few SW 16’s I have seem to have a rock or funk feel, but, don’t sound country. The following three examples typify the style I’m looking for. Maybe even add a little pedal steel or fiddle to spice it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKjjlZmR4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqjDvEC1uVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mwwPqJd8WA
Posted By: MikeK Re: Another country style - 06/13/21 12:16 AM
+1
Posted By: Mike Whitman Re: Another country style - 07/21/21 06:27 PM
+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Another country style - 07/21/21 10:51 PM
Link 1, Lord I Hope This Day Is Good by Don Williams the StylePicker indicated the song is classic country, Even 16, 4/4 at a tempo of 85 BPM. Screenshot is below.

Link 2, Some Broken Hearts Never Mend by Don Williams the StylePicker indicate everything's the same but the tempo is bumped to about 95 BPM. Screenshot is below.

Link 3, Turn Out The Light (And Love Me Tonight) by Don Williams is not in the Stylepicker's song database so I've posted a request +++ here +++ to get it added to the database.

While I'm always agreeable for more country content, I've never had any issue finding material to use in a Don Williams song.

Please do not think I'm bashing your wishlist request. I'm not. I'm pointing out that many of the current styles work well with Don Williams songs, especially from the era when many of the song links you posted were popular.

Description: Lord I Hope This Day Is Good StylePicker screen shot
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg

Description: Some Broken Hearts Never Mend StylePicker screen shot.
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: J. Larry Re: Another country style - 07/24/21 11:32 PM
Jim:
Many thanks for the detailed examples. CBALAD2 is close and will work. However, I don’t think it’s a half-time drum style I’m looking for. CBALAD2 seems to have a more even 8 feel. In searching through the drum picker, I found two styles that provide a variation that seems to work-----Nashville Outlaw and Nashville Skip. But how does one identify and locate the particular style used in the demos? I often hear demos in the Real Tracks picker, as well as the drum picker, then, can’t find the style that fits the demo. Maybe it’s there and I don’t know where to look. Oh, and thanks for submitting that song/style request you mentioned on that other Don Williams tune.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Another country style - 07/25/21 03:32 PM
The DrumPicker has a button for that!

Click on the Song Demo button and a pop up lists all the demos a selected RealDrums is used in.

Click on the BB Styles button and a pop up lists all the styles a selected RealDrums is used in.

But, maybe you want to work backwards, hear a demo and know what RealDrums is used,

DrumPicker has a button for that too!

Select the Copy List button and a tab delimited file is created. The file can be imported into a spread sheet program like Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc. With a spread sheet file you can look up a demo or style name and find out what RealDrums is used.

The RealTracks Picker and StylePicker also have tab delimited buttons.

Description: RealDrums Appear In What Styles?
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg

Description: RealDrums Tab Delimited List
Attached picture Clipboard03.jpg

Description: RealTracks Picker tab delimited button
Attached picture Clipboard04.jpg

Description: StylePicker tab delimited function Action > Copy to Clipboard
Attached picture Clipboard05.jpg
Posted By: J. Larry Re: Another country style - 07/28/21 08:59 PM
Your examples were very clear and helpful. It actually works. I’d never tried those features. However, it seems it would be more efficient and quicker when auditioning drums, or any instrument in the Real Tracks Picker----to simply provide the name of the style being used in the short audition samples given----say, maybe put the style name in the Memo Box, which does give relevant information, but not the name of the style one is hearing played. I can get to the style name by loading the demo song, then, reading what it is. It just seems that it would be helpful to quickly see what BIAB style is being used in the various instrument and drum demos.
© PG Music Forums