PG Music Home
Intro:
While understanding this is somewhat an obscure RealTrack Request, it's uniqueness and beneficial opportunity to multiple parties along with the logistics for ease of recording now in place make it worth me bringing to the attention of PG Music staff.

Background:
A one-of-a-kind, vintage guitar I once owned is now owned and on display at Songbirds Museum and Foundation in Chattanooga, TN. Songbirds is located on a university campus and proceeds from the museum and foundation go towards supporting the university's school of music.

The valuable, one-of-a-kind instruments of the museum are not static displays but are maintained and are used for concerts by famous artists at their campus to raise funds for the university school of music. Songbirds campus also has recording studios.

My former guitar is a custom built Gibson double neck guitar built around 1957 and purchased and owned by my family until the sale to Songbirds Foundation. The guitar itself has a strong provenance authenticating it's quality and vintage. Part of its provenance was being featured in a 2010 Antiques Roadshow episode as well as being played by BIAB users and many famous country starts from the 1960's.

RealTrack Request:

Create a series of RealTracks using this guitar.

This is the prototype for the Gibson WS-1275 Double neck guitar line as played by such luminaries as;
Don Felder - Eagles
Jimmy Page - Several famous bands
Jeff Cook - Alabama

Each neck has two PAF Patent Pending humbucker Pickups that were appraised in 2009 to be worth $6,000 each.

There are multiple pickup variations for both 12 string and six string tones.

There are enough variations of tones in suitable genres for a unique RealTrack Pak release for the instrument.

Additional notes:

The connection to PG Music clientele, the guitar's current location that provides access to a recording studio and it's proximity to Nashville where PG Music has previously recorded RealTracks make this a convenient scenario.

Songbirds foundation allows these vintage guitars to be used in controlled environment and their close association with a school of music provides an attractive opportunity to both the school of music, the foundation and PG Music because this could lead to future vintage instrument RealTrack recordings that students of the school of music could create BIAB RealTracks from the vintage guitars the students have access to view but never to actually play.

Other clients may be attracted to accessing the actual sounds from a vintage guitar played and owned by their favorite musician the museum may now own.

Description: My former Guitar is the white one that's third from the right.
Attached picture Songbirds Museum Double neck .gif

Description: The foundation presents concerts with artists using these vintage instruments.
Attached picture Concert Poster.jpg

Description: They also support various charities.
Attached picture Vault Sessions.png
Great idea and write up Charlie! I can attest the guitar has a unique sound that has been used in many recordings.

You may want to edit your post. I believe Jimmy Page played with the Yardbirds for awhile and then founded and played with Led Zeppelin.
Love it +1!
© PG Music Forums