PG Music Home
Posted By: Spielarts MIDI Soloist Sets, anyone use them? - 06/18/15 04:44 PM
PG offers several "MIDI Soloist Sets". I am interested in “MIDI Soloist Set 3: Specialty Jazz Soloing”(OR: MIDI Soloist Set 2: Killer Jazz Swing Soloing) These and other styles of sets are offered for $29.00 each, but the BIB chat person had no information on them at all. Are there samples or content details for them anywhere? I can't imagine that anyone would purchase a complete unknown item, but does anyone here use them? Thanks
Posted By: jford Re: MIDI Soloist Sets, anyone use them? - 06/19/15 11:43 AM
Depending upon which version of BIAB you purchased, you may already have the MIDI soloists.

If you purchased the UltraPlusPak, EverythingPak, or Audiophile edition, they all come with all 16 MIDI soloist sets (there are really 20 sets, but see my note below regarding the other four).

If you purchased the ProPak or the MegaPak, you received a subset of MIDI soloists (although there seems to be confusion among the different web pages as to whether the MegaPak includes all of them or just some of them).

I would use the "Help, What Add-ons Do I Have" menu selection to see what you already have in your configuration before buying something you might already possess.

If you look at the list of available MIDI soloists, you will notice that sets 12-15 are not listed.

That's because they are only available for separate purchase. These are the Jeff Lorber and Andy LaVerne MIDI Artist Soloists.

I have them all and I do use them, but generally lean more toward RealTrack soloists now. But they still have their place, depending upon the song I'm working on.
© PG Music Forums