PG Music Home
Posted By: John F Melodyne Installation Problems - 12/26/20 06:31 PM
I purchased and downloaded Melodyne 5 Essentials from Guitar Center. I downloaded the installation files and unzipped them. When I click on the exe file to install, I get an error message. Guitar Center is no help in talking me through this problem, as the two people I have talked to so far knew nothing about the program and said someone from tech support would be getting back to me within 24 hours. All I want to do is to install the files to my Program Files (x86) folder/VST Plugins. Can anyone here help me with this?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Melodyne Installation Problems - 12/26/20 06:45 PM
I do use Melodyne Studio, although it's many years since I first installed it and many months since my last update.

I would like to know what the exact error message is. Windows blocks most attempts of users to choose to install into either Program Files folder. It has its own preferred default folder. So, I don't think it goes in that folder you are trying to use. For one thing, that's a 32-bit apps folder. In this, my backup computer, it is in C:/ProgramFiles/Celemony

Posted By: MarioD Re: Melodyne Installation Problems - 12/26/20 07:18 PM
Originally Posted By: John F
I purchased and downloaded Melodyne 5 Essentials from Guitar Center. I downloaded the installation files and unzipped them. When I click on the exe file to install, I get an error message. Guitar Center is no help in talking me through this problem, as the two people I have talked to so far knew nothing about the program and said someone from tech support would be getting back to me within 24 hours. All I want to do is to install the files to my Program Files (x86) folder/VST Plugins. Can anyone here help me with this?

Melodyne 5 is a 64 bit program so it may not go into the 32 bit side of Windows, i.e. C:/Program Files (x86). Did you try installing it in C:/Program files? That is the 64 bit side of Windows.
Posted By: John F Re: Melodyne Installation Problems - 12/27/20 01:06 AM
Thank you Matt and Mario! Got it installed as a stand alone. Can you tell me how I can use it as a plug in so I don't have to exit RB to edit the vocals? Hope that question makes sense....
Posted By: MarioD Re: Melodyne Installation Problems - 12/27/20 11:08 AM
I don't use RealBand so I really can't help much there but Melodyne comes as a stand-a-lone and a VST3 plugin. So if RealBand can use VST3 plugins then just insert Melodyne into a track's plugin slot.
Posted By: rharv Re: Melodyne Installation Problems - 12/27/20 11:32 AM
RB does not support VST3 currently.
© PG Music Forums