PG Music Home
Hey Y'all,

I stumbled across a few extraordinary plugins I didn't know I already had in Sonar and Cakewalk because they were "hidden." They are hidden in Sonar and in some versions of Cakewalk. But they are great for drums and vocals and specifically designed for them. There are also a few more that are great for other things, but the vocal and drums plugins I can see using on every mix.

(I have close to 1,000 VSTS by Waves, Izotope, IK Multimedia, you name it, and these two are very, very useful additionals to the signal chain mix, with phenomenal presets.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNX2TzX4nAs

Attached picture PX-64 Percussion Strip.jpg
Attached picture VX Vocal Strip.jpg
David.

nice.

in addition have you ever checked out the 80 plug ins in computer music mag uk ??

there are many little 'gems' to discover for peanuts/20 buks for the mag usd.

eg

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?app=desktop&list=PLE90EC6DE32E81D76

best

om
I use the Sonar default fx all the time. I don;t have the Bandlab version so I don't have those.... but the old Sonar X1 has some pretty useable fx that simply get the job done.

One of these days maybe I will upgrade my gear to the 64 bit platform and get Bandlab.
If you have Sonar Herb you might have those.

You have to watch the video to see where they are hidden.

You might have them. They were in Sonar first. (But they are x64).
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
If you have Sonar Herb you might have those.

You have to watch the video to see where they are hidden.

You might have them. They were in Sonar first. (But they are x64).

I don't have Bandlab..... I have Sonar X1 from the good old days.

I have loaded CWBL on a laptop but never completed the install yet. So, I might have them in that version ..... just haven't finished the install.

But.....but...but...

Herb, as I said, it is also in SONAR.

It is in the 64 bit version of SONAR.

If you have 64 bit SONAR you might have it.

SONAR.

Make sense.

Did you watch the video?????

smile
You will only have these if you have an older version of SONAR.

X1? Jeez, that's 11 years old. Way past time to upgrade. CbB is so far past X1 it is unreal.
Originally Posted By: Byron Dickens
You will only have these if you have an older version of SONAR.

X1? Jeez, that's 11 years old. Way past time to upgrade. CbB is so far past X1 it is unreal.

I absolutely understand that. For me, X1 32bit running on XP Pro 32 is rock solid and it gets it done like I want and need. At some point, yep, I will upgrade to 64 bit and I'll most likely have to repurchase all of my favorite plugs and FX and synths or use J-bridge to continue using the 32 bit versions. One of these days, I will do that. That day is not today. And tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Today is Not the Day

By Herb Hartley and David Snyder

V1?????

Ch

But today is not that day
and tomorrow
It's just too far away!!!!!!
Neither day is looking good
Oh God, I wish they would
but they never could
and it's like I say
today