PG Music Home
Having a problem with Essential Blues Guitar Vol 1....
I bought this software 3 weeks ago and can't get the Loop feature to work.

Selecting Play from the top menu, then selecting Choose Loop Type from the dropdown menu gives the error message "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window at:004636c7".

The arrows above and below the Current Video Position bar can be dragged along but it doesn't affect the playback.
When the Loop button is highlighted and the arrows have been set, then pressing Play takes me back to the start of the video instead of looping.

I uninstalled the software, downloaded again in case my original download was corrupted, and re-installed, but the result is unchanged.

Also installed Update patch from your website and have also tried running in Windows Compatibility mode (Win8 then Win7) also without success.

The Help file also mentions dropdowns to define the start and end bars for looping, but I can't find this facility.

Any suggestions, please?
Have you tried running Windows in Administrator mode? Close the program, right-click on the startup icon and select Run as Administrator.... see if this helps.
And just to be sure, make sure you are running the most recent patch.
Thanks, Noel.
That made a bit of progress... now when I select Play -> Choose Loop Type, I get a quick flash of a dropdown menu which I think is asking how many bars to loop, but it quickly disappears before I get a chance to read it, then I get the usual message "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window at:004636c7".

I have reinstalled the program (as Administrator) with update patch in C:\bb folder as recommended by the software but the problem remains.

Richard.
Thanks, John.
I reinstalled and made sure I had the latest patch, as you recommended, but problem still there, unfortunately.
Please see my reply to Noel.
I'm sure it must be a silly wee thing that's causing the problem, but it eludes me.

Richard.
Richard,

I suggest that you send an email to support@pgmusic.com and, in that email, (a) briefly explain the problem and (b) include the url of this thread so that they can read more about what you've tried so far.

Unfortunately, I don't have this program on my present computer and so cannot try it. I'll have a look through past purchases and see if I can find it.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks Noel,
As I suspected - the problem was something silly....

I messed around with the settings and got it to work......

Options -> General -> then UNTICK the box marked "Show captions for buttons on toolbar (if screen res is 1152 x 864 or higher)".

You then Restart the program and the LOOP WORKS!!!

Thanks Noel & John for your assistance.
Richard.
Glad you figured it out.
Thanks for the added insight Richard.
© PG Music Forums