PG Music Home
Recently, I bought a Gatway NV7802 and it runs Win 7 (64-bit); in the past, I have purchased the 2004 Omni PAK of which ALL the programs are on some form of CD-ROM. Here is the issue: I placed in Jazz Piano MasterClass cd1 and this message appeared: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows your running. Check your computer's system to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"
What do I do? The last laptop I owned I purchased from Dell in 2002. I cannot find a laptop where I am located that has a 32-bit version. What are my options? Is there a way I can partition a hard drive that can run a 32-bit system on my Gateway? Will upgrading to Win 7 Professional help? I've tried all of the compatibility stuff on the computer and PG staff recommended getting another computer that is 32-bit. Is that my only option? I am not computer saavy; someone, please help... Bman
If you happen to have Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate, you might want to try installing the Virtual XP download/add-on. This gives you a Windows XP environment within Windows 7. You could then try installing the Omni Pack programs in that environment, instead. I don't believe it's available for Windows 7 Home Premium, however.

Just a thought.
Hello Bryan,

Programs like that (Piano MasterClass) were updated a number of years ago. The updates are free and can be downloaded from our software updates pages. For example,
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_masterclass.htm

If your version of those programs run from the CD-ROM, you will need to copy the program to a hard drive to install the update. On the updates page, there is a "click here" for more information link, which will give you instructions on how to do that... following those instructions carefully will save you time.
Thank you both for your responses and suggestions. Well, I will try the Windows Professional idea. I attempted to download the CD-ROM to the HDD, but the computer would not allow me to do so. The message above in my eariler post continued to register as I attempted to put the information in the folder I created for the program. Thank you so much for the response.
© PG Music Forums