PG Music Home
Posted By: darthurb2 Name sections of a song - 03/25/24 06:56 PM
I would love to have the ability to add markers or whatever they would be called, like Intro, First Verse etc.
Posted By: musocity Re: Name sections of a song - 03/25/24 08:08 PM
That was posted about 3 years ago: Old Muso's Bar View

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DrDan Re: Name sections of a song - 03/25/24 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by darthurb2
I would love to have the ability to add markers or whatever they would be called, like Intro, First Verse etc.
That is already possible with the Text Labels feature. Its hard to find, but its there.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Name sections of a song - 03/25/24 10:47 PM
Not what you asked, but some folks who think in terms of intro, verse, chorus etc. appreciate the Edit, Song Form, Song Form Maker dialog. You can define a range of measures as section A, another range as B, etc. and then easily control the order in which they play. This is designed for the jazz approach to song form, such as AABA, but there's no reason it can't make song construction easier here.

Thinking out loud, the next evolutionary step (which might make a good separate Wishlist post) would be to improve that dialog to include words such as 'Verse' or 'Bridge' etc. Then you could get what you wished for a different way.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Name sections of a song - 03/25/24 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by DrDan
Originally Posted by darthurb2
That is already possible with the Section Text Labels feature. Its hard to find, but its there.

Here it is...
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Section Text.png
© PG Music Forums