PG Music Home
Posted By: TerryB Lyric/Chord Sheets - 01/24/11 04:53 PM
I wish that lyric entry could be more based around chords and measures versus melody. I can create leadsheet for my worhsip team for instrumentals but not being able to "easily" input lyrics limits my usage and functionality in BIAB or Real Tracks. I am not a programmer but it seems that maybe by looking at programs like OpenSong.org or other programs of this nature that even have the ability to export xml we should be able to import lyrics and chords.

Interface would be built around something like this:

Measure 1 ] Measure 2 ] Measure 3 ] Measure 4 ]

|G | | | |C | | | | D | | | | G | | |
Lyrics could be entered Like this under measures

Hope this isn't confusing as the post won't hold the formatting. The chord placement holders should be spaced evenly under the measures. Hopefully we can get some discussion started to provide some ideas and thoughts. If there is already a way to do this then the instructions in BIAB aren't good enough for some of us to understand and I would like for someone to please explain to me as I am missing out on a neat part of the program.

Thanks,

Terry
Posted By: bebopfive Re: Lyric/Chord Sheets - 01/24/11 06:00 PM
I agree about an easier way to add lyrics to a song. The note based requires that you enter a melody first and then attach lyrics to the notes. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get them to line up in the Big Lyrics window. They are slightly off but enough to be confusing at times. The ability to see the lyrics in the Chord Entry Window as it is playing would suit my needs perfectly for gigging...

Thanks
Ken
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lyric/Chord Sheets - 01/24/11 09:31 PM
Hi Terry,

Do you have BIAB 2011 for Windows? If so, there are additional lyric input features in this version that have not been present before.

I haven't played around with these features too much but, if you go into Notation View, there's now a lyric-entry line between the staff and the tool bar. By playing around with settings for this, it is possible that it might do the job you want. (For example, if you set Notation View Options to have 1 bar per screen and then enter lyrics on this line, it might well come out as lyrics-per-bar.)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: TerryB Re: Lyric/Chord Sheets - 01/24/11 11:19 PM
Yes, I have the latest version of 2011. Thanks for that tip. I will have to look at that when I get home tonight and see if that will do the trick.

Terry
© PG Music Forums