PG Music Home
Posted By: Cerio Harmony analyzer module - 09/12/08 08:37 AM
This is a long time request, and I expose it here once every two years
It should be great to introduce an hamony analyzer module within Biab that would be able to load a song, analyze its chord progression and key signature, and suggest the proper scales to improvise over.
Biab was born as an (invaluable) tool for jazz musicians, and I've always thought that such a feature would be absolutely coherent with its original spirit.

Peace, Cerio
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/12/08 09:33 AM
Perhaps I misunderstand the request, but isn't this what ACW does? You can load a wav or mp3, run ACW and the program gives you the tempo, chords and key signature. You can then import it in BiaB, kill the audio and do whatever you want with the chord progression.
Posted By: PapaMikie Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/12/08 04:03 PM
I does not suggest scales for working with the progressions, althought there are various tools out there on the web that one can use (goggle Scale suggester). Also for best results you need to prove a key signatuare to ACW.
Posted By: Mac Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/12/08 10:14 PM
Not what ACW does at all.

Suggested scales for jazz improvisation over chord structures would be a good educational addition IMO.

--Mac
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/12/08 11:35 PM
As I stated: perhaps I misunderstood the request......and I did......
Posted By: PapaMikie Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/13/08 12:00 AM
Here is one such tool.

Scale Suggester
Posted By: rkl122 Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/13/08 12:51 AM
Quote:

Suggested scales for jazz improvisation over chord structures would be a good educational addition IMO.

+2. Or +3? ... +Whatever. Weighing in on scales
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Harmony analyzer module - 09/14/08 10:09 AM
I'd like to see it with modes in addition to regular scales.
© PG Music Forums