PG Music Home
Posted By: y.musica control surface - 01/15/09 05:01 PM
hi
it could be interesting to have compatibility with control surfaces like Alphatrack (frontier design)
regards
Yannick
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: control surface - 01/17/09 08:23 PM
True. The Alphatrack with its fader is a great product.

You are aware that BIAB has native support for the Frontier Design Tranzport, right? It works very well.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: control surface - 03/24/09 01:38 AM
Actually, this might be a good time to repeat the wishlist request for support for control surfaces in general. We haven't talked about this in a few years. Support for the Mackie Control Universal Pro would be nice since other units support that standard. Having a control surface to adjust levels for each channel would be nice, and even nicer to use rotary controls for VSTs.
Posted By: abaudio Re: control surface - 03/24/09 02:46 AM
Well it is a good idea yes. I bet my Digidesign table will not be the one they make it compatible for (as most programs can't) but it would be use ful for others, so i also vote for that! And yes, the tranzport (I got one too) indeed works nicely, but unfortunately that is not really a full equipped controller.
Posted By: Mac Re: control surface - 03/24/09 04:10 PM
The majority of hardware controllers use MIDI commands...
Posted By: abaudio Re: control surface - 03/25/09 05:56 PM
Still the controller needs to be recognized, that is a driver/compatibility thing...
Posted By: Mac Re: control surface - 03/25/09 09:46 PM
Not arguing that at all, mate.

I'd LOVE for pgmusic products to implement "standard" MIDI transport commands.

--Mac
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: control surface - 11/09/09 11:41 PM
Thought I would bump this since it has been announced that the Frontier Design Tranzport is discontinued. The Alphatrack apparently is not, and BIAB support for that (and control surfaces in general) would be wonderful.
Posted By: Keebo Re: control surface - 11/10/09 05:18 AM
+1
© PG Music Forums