PG Music Home
Hi there!

Propellerhead software developed the Rewire protocol many years ago to give to there apps like Reason, the ability to run in sync with Cubase, Logic, Live, and many more.

This protocol also permit to route each track on Reason to the DAW mixer, then adding any VST plug-in of our choice on each instrument.

It would be great to have a similar protocol in BIAB and then considering ability to overdubing many many tracks on our favorite DAW indifferently with audio, or MIDI playing.

If a Rewire-protocol-like can't be added to BIAB, I'm sure it can turn in a VST plug-in mode that permit the same abilities.

Please, PG Music, consider this wish! It can get your BIAB software into the XXI° century!
If they can't do that then maybe they could implement Jack Audio Support ?

Jack on Windows
Seriously, rewire and tempo transfer to VSTi's have been in the wishlist for years!!

I understand that newbees may not know this, but those who have been here a while should know better. No amount of coins in the wishing well will change the fact that PGMusic will implement these features when or if they ever care to.
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
... No amount of coins in the wishing well will change the fact that PGMusic will implement these features when or if they ever care to.

+1 (one dollar that is) wink
Gets a little tedious when the same folks are asking for the same changes and nothing changes.

We do have a number of very persistent contributors here in the forum, but after a while... geeze!

Guess we will have to wait for the 50 new features at the end of year.
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan

Guess we will have to wait for the 50 new features at the end of year.

And wonder how some of the new features actually arrived when no one ever asked for them, but many of the ones that were asked for never materialized...
Quote:
And wonder how some of the new features actually arrived when no one ever asked for them

I'm pretty sure PGMusic has its own list of features it would like to implement, whether it came from a user request or not. When BIAB was MIDI only, nobody ever wished for (or even dreamed of) anything remotely resembling RealDrums or RealTracks. But it's all folks talk about now.

And I also suspect there's a lot of worldwide requests that come in via email to PGMusic that we never see on the forum wishlist board.
Originally Posted By: jford
Quote:
And wonder how some of the new features actually arrived when no one ever asked for them

I'm pretty sure PGMusic has its own list of features it would like to implement, whether it came from a user request or not. When BIAB was MIDI only, nobody ever wished for (or even dreamed of) anything remotely resembling RealDrums or RealTracks. But it's all folks talk about now.

And I also suspect there's a lot of worldwide requests that come in via email to PGMusic that we never see on the forum wishlist board.

Yes... but..
This is art of the problem. User requests for obvious stuff has been ignored many times (like naming instruments accurately). Also when things are implemented they are kind of bodged to work rather than truly redesigned. Take the way VSTs are implemented, it is very flakey in my opinion.

You can only ignore these issues for a while before your user base stultifies

Z
PG must take a look to Toontracks EZKeys products. PG have some trouble to do...

Perhaps they don't care of it, but I'm sure Toontrack will make many other VSTis like EZBrass, EZGuitar, EZWoods, EZStrings, and many more!!!
While they do, I fear PG will be in a bad position...
+1
Originally Posted By: Spawn-X
PG must take a look to Toontracks EZKeys products. PG have some trouble to do...

Perhaps they don't care of it, but I'm sure Toontrack will make many other VSTis like EZBrass, EZGuitar, EZWoods, EZStrings, and many more!!!
While they do, I fear PG will be in a bad position...

I suggested EZGuitar EZBass to Toontrack.

The only way I got EZD & EZK to work is with Live Professor.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=308107#Post308107

Live Professor RB.mp4

So for Rewire to be added the VST sync needs to be fixed 1st I would say.
I really need this! Reason 7 has some awesome new refills, to be able to use the 24 bit steinway piano combinators with BIAB would be amazing! PLEASE......
© PG Music Forums