PG Music Home
Posted By: DHD Bb Tuned Ukulele, Chord Diagrams - 12/09/15 04:09 PM
Currently the only Ukulele chord diagrams available on the lead sheet are for a C tuned Ukulele.
1st = A
2nd = E
3rd = C
4th = G

Would it be possible to get an option for Bb tuned ukulele chord diagrams on the lead sheet.
Bb is a common tuning for the Tenor and Baritone Ukulele, some folks are using it on their Soprano Ukuleles too.
Bb linear tuning would be.
1st = G
2nd = D
3rd = Bb
4th = F
I realize I can capo at the second fret on my Bb tuned Baritone ukulele to use the current ukulele chord diagrams that are available on the lead sheet, but Bb tuned ukulele chord diagrams would be sooo much easier and the larger bodied Tenor and Baritone Ukuleles would sound fuller and deeper, not having to use chords with a capo installed.

thank you
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Bb Tuned Ukulele, Chord Diagrams - 12/10/15 10:45 PM
+1

DHD I did not know there is a Bb ukulele tuning, and a need for Bb ukulele chord charts, until you mentioned it. Thank you for expanding my knowledge. Now I would like to expand upon DHD's wishlist request.

I would like the fretboard window to be able to have the option to display the most common alternate ukuele tunings. Presently the ukuele fretboard window is limited to the most common string tuning of "A", "E", "C" and "G".
© PG Music Forums