PG Music Home
Posted By: P Glaser Song Length Time - 02/08/16 05:44 PM
Maybe this has been asked before but it sure would be nice to be able to see the length, (in minutes & seconds), of a song. Every DAW does this and I'd bet the basic coding is already in place in BIAB, (timing).

I primarily use BIAB to sketch out my original songs and I'm having to "time' them as I build the songs to achieve the desired length. Not a deal breaker by any means but it would be helpful to have this feature. Then again, I could just get a stop watch.

Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Song Length Time - 02/08/16 06:10 PM
Yes, this has been requested frequently.

+1

By the way, BIAB does have a feature that will generate a song of a specific length. This is useful if you are writing music for a commercial of, say, 47 seconds.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: Song Length Time - 02/08/16 06:54 PM
Thanks Matt. Stop watch it is! LOL
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Song Length Time - 02/08/16 07:45 PM
+1 for the capability to view song location by bar (current method), scalable time (request) or both!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Song Length Time - 02/08/16 08:16 PM
There's one idea that shows song length and song progress in a conceptual user interface in a conceptual user interface here.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Song Length Time - 02/13/16 07:25 AM
+1 for the song length and song progress clock.

This has already been requested for many years. That means that end users hardly understand why we can't get a so basic feature...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Song Length Time - 02/13/16 09:06 AM
Yes

+1 for a progress clock that shows song length, and progress.

Presumably if the developers can produce something a complex as BiaB, this would not even be a difficult task? A walk in the park?

Yes? No?
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Song Length Time - 02/15/16 10:55 AM
BBIA does display the length of the song on the top of screen.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Song Length Time - 02/15/16 11:48 AM
Hi Islansoul,

Yes BIAB displays the lenght of a song.
But be aware, the displayed length is false because it does include 2 extra bars of count-in, even if none is selected in count-in options.
This issue is known by PG people since several years now.

What we are requesting is a decent progress clock as we can find it in every DAW and not only a text indication of the song length.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: Song Length Time - 02/17/16 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul

How did I miss this?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Song Length Time - 02/17/16 07:24 PM
Well, it's been there for a long time, but it's an unusual place to put that type of information.

There's a lot of information displayed in the form caption while the song is being generated also.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: Song Length Time - 02/18/16 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: P Glaser
Originally Posted By: Islansoul

How did I miss this?

Yep, there it is. This is close enough for what I need.

Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Song Length Time - 02/18/16 11:26 AM
That's good. I didn't realize you weren't aware of what is there and I was giving a +1 to the progress bar concept. That's still a valid request for a desirable feature.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: Song Length Time - 02/18/16 09:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
That's good. I didn't realize you weren't aware of what is there and I was giving a +1 to the progress bar concept. That's still a valid request for a desirable feature.

Thanks Matt. Agreed.

Next time I need to look around a bit more.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Song Length Time - 02/18/16 09:55 PM
Don't feel bad about that. I look at every menu option and feature each new version, but after more than 20 years of using BIAB, I'm constantly learning things from other users.
© PG Music Forums