PG Music Home
Why are there no chord window "part markers" for "verse", "chorus", "bridge" etc?
Creating easily visible sections markers on the chord sheet to locate key sections of your song depends only on the use of substyle markers.

In the Chord area window please add the ability to designate “verse, chorus, bridge, instrumental break etc” section changes. Perhaps put the section designation option under the “right click” at each bar when the “Chord Settings”, “Bar settings” and “Song Settings” options present themselves. That way the a/b/c/d/ part markers will continue to serve their primary functions and those of us who think in terms of lyrics can have a clear, visually different, identification option where the verse, chorus, bridge changes are.

At the moment you have to enter "a" or "b" markers (or others if you are using multistyles) , which (if you've checked under Preferences | Display) will "draw a new line" so to speak to help you easily locate your verse and other sections in the midst of a very busy chord sheet. And then if you decide to add a drum fill in the middle of a “verse”, the program divides your verse area with another “new” line.

I also find that dividing the chord sheet in this manner is very inefficient and causes me to constantly re-count bars trying to find the starting bar of my verse or whatever before I do modifications to the chord sheet arrangement – a real time waster, which when I mis-count causes me to lose passages I liked.

Here’s hoping.
+1

And, while were at it, I'd like to add the capability to add a "note" for each bar (or beat). For example, in Excel, each cell can have a "comment" which is normally hidden except for a tiny mark in the cell. Click on the mark and the comment pops up (like tool tips).
I've already posted (see post #224002) the same request for Multistyles in order to identify, upon user wish, each part of the song : intro, verse, chorus, bridge, ending,...
I have many multistyle I have made myself, some of them have up to 8 substyles and it becomes urgent to have a way to correctly manage the structure of BIAB songs.
+1

also:
interlude,coda,post-chorus,pre-chorus,etc
a BIG +1
Same here...+1
Along with this, it would really be nice to have the textual part markers listed here (which can be used to invoke different substyles), but also be able to enable/disable the fill going into a new substyle. I don't always need the drums to go crazy the bar before a new sub-style (sometimes you do; sometimes you don't).

If something like this came to be, it would be nice if this type of multi-style (or even the current multi-style) were also supported by RealBand, which would make for a tighter integration between RB and BIAB.

+1
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...ge=2#Post225373
This link will tie this "wish" into a similar one on the BIAB Forum (about page 3).

Ian
© PG Music Forums