PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Can this happen - 12/11/16 06:45 PM
Its interesting reading forum posts especially as a newbie, lots of info.
One thread recently was about song formatting and how some use the "linear" system to type in the chords and others more familiar use codas etc.
As a beginner I am using the linear way and of course have a page full of chords which gets smaller each time you add a verse or chorus.
At this point Part markers are confusing me on how they react but working with it.....however I just thought it be would be great if you were able to highlight in different colours (as in a spreadsheet) the verse and the chorus and the bridge then a lead break in different colours so you could identify where you are in your work. It would be easy to find the verses to tidy up and make changes rather than getting frustrated with a page full of chords that look all the same.
Just a thought.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Can this happen - 12/11/16 09:09 PM
Do you mean like this:

Attached File
BB_Color_Sections.jpg  (316 downloads)
Attached picture EZD2_Song_Part.jpg
Posted By: wish Re: Can this happen - 12/11/16 10:05 PM
Perfect.............would you like to share how you did that??
Ez Drummer?? Not a cheap program. Guessing you have integrated the two??
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Can this happen - 12/11/16 10:23 PM
Yeah... and can you select any color you want?

Red verse
Blue chorus
Green bridge
Yellow solo

can that be done?

if so, how?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Can this happen - 12/11/16 11:20 PM
They could do it any number of ways, highlight the section then choose a color or Bar-based Section Color picker, set the color at that bar then go to the bar where the section changes and set a new color ???

Full screen

Attached File
BB_Section_Colors.jpg  (197 downloads)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can this happen - 12/11/16 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: wish
I just thought it be would be great if you were able to highlight in different colours (as in a spreadsheet) the verse and the chorus and the bridge then a lead break in different colours so you could identify where you are in your work. It would be easy to find the verses to tidy up and make changes rather than getting frustrated with a page full of chords that look all the same.

+1
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Can this happen - 12/12/16 10:47 AM
I will have to try this.... later today.... it's a rainy day so......
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can this happen - 12/12/16 05:54 PM
Not sure there is anything to try, this is just as wish... grin, isn't it?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Can this happen - 12/12/16 06:07 PM
Yeah sorry, just a pic of how it could be.
But yes, to be able to have your custom preset colors defined

Red verse
Blue chorus
Green bridge
Yellow solo
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can this happen - 12/12/16 06:36 PM
That was funny. A casual reader might spend time trying to find the command! It does not exist yet.

As has been said, this is a very creative idea, and it's from one of our more recent contributors.

+1

Posted By: MarioD Re: Can this happen - 12/12/16 06:48 PM
Another +1
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Can this happen - 12/12/16 06:50 PM
Lending my support

+1

Posted By: jazzsax Re: Can this happen - 02/09/17 11:11 PM
+1 it would be a nice addition.
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: Can this happen - 02/10/17 12:07 PM
+1

This would be so much better than those tiny little red lines that indicate when e.g. a solo has been un-muted. Currently you have to click on F5 and look at a large drop down to see what the red line means.

Tony
Posted By: Icelander Re: Can this happen - 02/12/17 01:24 PM
+1
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Can this happen - 02/12/17 02:15 PM
+1
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Can this happen - 02/12/17 03:47 PM
+1

Such a simple thing to change in the program and would be supremely helpful to users!!!
Posted By: Guitartist Re: Can this happen - 04/09/17 02:30 PM
+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Can this happen - 04/09/17 03:02 PM
+1 Colorful idea.

While not the same, I combined the predefined colors for the section A & B part markers with the bar based section letter option and was able to create the mock song below in less than a minute.

While I just used A & B part markers I easily could have extended the idea to incorporate more colors by using additional part marker pairs (C & D, E & F, and so on all the way to Y & Z). Also, if I didn't want to incorporate additional styles then when creating the additional part markers select the same style over and over.

Leave the chords blank and save the part marker, bar section letters as a blank chords song for use as a template.

Attached picture Bar Based Section Letters.jpg
© PG Music Forums