PG Music Home
Posted By: FKEEFE choosing styles - 09/29/17 08:36 AM
sorry if this has been asked before but haven't been on PG for awhile.
As I'm not a great fan of Jazz I feel having to pay for something I will never use is quite annoying and a waste of time for me.Now that could be said by another user re,country.. rock.. etc.Now my wish would be if a user purchases a pak i.e.ultraplus
then he should be able to pick obviously for a price tracks he knows he will use sometime.Couldnt PG put out packs say for Country Jazz Rock etc for a user to choose from but only after purchasing a multi pak like the one mentioned above.Cheers Frankie
Posted By: MarioD Re: choosing styles - 09/29/17 10:50 AM
The workaround is to purchase or upgrade to the Pro version:

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Then purchase your genre's RealTracks and RealDrums separately:

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

http://www.pgmusic.com/realdrums.php?os=win

Also remember any genre can be used in a different genre. For instance county can be used in jazz and visa-versa. Mixing RTs/RDs is also allowed. For instance a jazz RD can be used in country or a Latin RT can be used in country or jazz. They only limitation is your imagination. YMMV
Posted By: FKEEFE Re: choosing styles - 09/30/17 08:07 AM
Thanks Mario,I understand about working within certain genres but as this forum is about a persons wishes that's why I put it in but appreciate the advice
Posted By: MarioD Re: choosing styles - 09/30/17 10:53 AM
Originally Posted By: FKEEFE
Thanks Mario,I understand about working within certain genres but as this forum is about a persons wishes that's why I put it in but appreciate the advice

Yes I know. I just wanted to let you know about a workaround. However I did forget one very important item in that post so here it is now:

A BIG +1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: choosing styles - 09/30/17 12:50 PM
Fkeefe, yes, your request for a different marketing approach by genre has been made before. I support having the opportunity to purchase by genre, as it gives you a choice. So, +1

I will comment that RealTracks in BIAB constantly surprise me. Yes, BIAB describes them in the RealTracks picker, but sometimes I don't completely agree with their classification of the genre (because it's limited to two categories, and music is not). I happen to combine genres all the time in my compositions. Further, what you think must be a ridiculous choice based on the labeled genre may completely surprise you and be just what the song needs. Look at the tempo and feel for other possibilities, and try them. I suspect it is to foster this spirit of encouraging experimentation that drives PG Music to offer their packages as they do, but that's just a guess.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: choosing styles - 09/30/17 01:22 PM
This is a reasonable and worthwhile request.
+1
Posted By: FKEEFE Re: choosing styles - 10/01/17 09:05 AM
Thanks Mario..by the way really like your compositions
Posted By: FKEEFE Re: choosing styles - 10/01/17 09:06 AM
Thanks Matt I will certainly try those things you mentioned cheers Frankie
© PG Music Forums