PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/24/17 03:53 AM
Just working on a prog rock piece and have the need for a lot of work with the bar setting feature. Then I realize, when I could not always remember the setting for each track in a previous bar, that the current setting from any previous bar or chorus, should somewhat be visible. Like this track is currently muted, this track have currently the volume set to minus 26, a.s.o. This would give a lot of a better and more easy workflow for us old guys with destroyed memory capacity...;)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/24/17 07:32 AM
It's already there.
Try this:

Attached picture 2017-11-24_21-30-08.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/24/17 12:49 PM
I think all that info is in the Song Memo. That’s probably what is being printed here, but you can see it without printing.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/24/17 07:28 PM
Actually, you don't have to print it from the Bar Settings. It just opens up and displays a text file with the content filled in. The choice of the word 'Print' is a little misleading. Perhaps 'Show' would be more appropriate.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/24/17 07:45 PM
Just tried it, and you are correct.

The very same window comes up in Song Memo, Bar Summary.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/25/17 12:05 AM
Thank's guys, I was not aware of that.. It helps, but still it would be more easy to see it directly..;) Instead of just that stippled line, it could say, muted, normal, a.s.o., Just MHO...;)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/25/17 01:38 AM
OK, you want to see something more visible on the Chordsheet.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/25/17 01:51 AM
Leo,
It does specifically place an identifying Mark on the chord sheet as an indicator of where Bar Settings changes are located:

Attached picture 2017-11-25_15-50-03.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/25/17 02:20 AM
He knows that, I think, but wants more info. I wonder how that could be done without causing clutter. Perhaps have a popup when you hover over a bar with the identifying red mark?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Another wish for the Bar setting - 11/25/17 04:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
He knows that, I think, but wants more info. I wonder how that could be done without causing clutter. Perhaps have a popup when you hover over a bar with the identifying red mark?

Yes, that idea might work. Just show the 'changes' made at that bar, and not any settings that haven't been adjusted.
© PG Music Forums