PG Music Home
Interesting forum conversation +++ HERE +++ that highlights the inability of Band-in-a-Box to transpose between major to minor or minor to major mode. User, MoltingVulture, provided this example in his post:
Quote:
If i have a song, like say a blues in C major, is there a way i can transpose it so for example in Cm the 1 4 and 5 chords automatically become Cm, Fm, G7?

That would be a useful feature to have. I was surprised to learn Band-in-a-Box doesn't have the capability.
Definitely a useful feature.
+1
+1
This will work if the major and minor key contain the same n, for instance C to Cm, F to Fm etc. BUT if you change from a major to its relative minor, say C to Am or F to Dm, it will not work unless the programmers know all of the major to all of the minor conversions and can put it into the program. That to me seams like a lot of work but it might be useful for someone that does not know or is learning music theory.

thus a +1
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Quote:
If i have a song, like say a blues in C major, is there a way i can transpose it so for example in Cm the 1 4 and 5 chords automatically become Cm, Fm, G7?

That would be a useful feature to have. I was surprised to learn Band-in-a-Box doesn't have the capability.
And still doesn't! shocked

p.s. It should obviously also be able to convert the melody along the way, something I seem to have neglected to mention with my initial +1
Bump
+1

Mario said it right.
Thanks for the reminder. I’m not sure what people would expect from this.
Something like this ?

<C major to C minor>
C -> Cm
Dm> Dm7b5
em>Eb
F->Fm
G (no change)
Am> am7b5
Bm7b5 (no change)
=======
<cm to c maj>
Cm->C
Dm7b5->Dm
Eb->Em
Fm->F
G (no change)
Gm ->G
Ab (no change)
Am7b5->Am
Bb (no change)
Peter,
I might be wrong, but I believe request is for relative Major>Minor and Minor>Major as in attachment.

Also, you can transpose whole arrangement to different key, but would be convenient if you can easily transpose just a selected section. I believe it is possible, but very tricky at this time.

Attached picture relative.jpg
2024 Bump
© PG Music Forums