PG Music Home
Posted By: Jeffreylowy Newbie-Bar numbering question - 10/09/22 02:51 PM
I deleted a section of my song in the chord window and the numbered bars now go from 21-59.
I’d like to know the quickest way to renumber the bars…and restore bars 22-58. I don’t know if they’re deleted or hidden, or if it matters….but I’m a linear thinker and the bar numbers displayed are important. Sincere apologies if I’m missing something obvious and/or basic.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Newbie-Bar numbering question - 10/09/22 06:30 PM
To check to see if the bars are hidden, in the Views Toolbar, select the Fakesheet icon and uncheck the first selection, 'Display Chord Sheet in Fakesheet mode' and if there are hidden bars, they will appear on the Chord Sheet in gray.
Posted By: Jeffreylowy Re: Newbie-Bar numbering question - 10/10/22 12:55 PM
Thank you so much. Just curious if the bar numbers can be manually numbered or reset?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Newbie-Bar numbering question - 10/10/22 02:55 PM
Not that I'm aware of which is what led me to suggest checking to see if the bars are hidden rather than deleted because that's a display function of the Fakebook mode. As far as I know, BIAB automatically accounts for adding or deleting bar numbers because BIAB always plays the Chord Sheet linearly so manually restructuring bar numbers could interfere with the BIAB algorithm generating data for tracks.

Hidden bar numbers usually is a display issue and that's a result of using the Fakebook function.
© PG Music Forums