PG Music Home
opened audcity today to record the radio, got an update message, did so and it wouldn't work to record what the pc was playing.

got the error message invalid device 9996.

BUT smile my soundblaster control panel now no longer allows me to configure the speakers. its stuck on headphones even when they are unplugged.

so maybe the problem is not with audacity but with the updates recently made to windows 11. does anyone else have a soundblaster audigy fx running on windows 11 and can configure the speakers? the sound plays fine but the display says headphones and the test plays left/right out of the speakers fine.

i can still hear everything ok but i wonder if the falt is Audacity or cretive. any ideas? using the control panel windows sound tab under recording i can see alll the creative input devices but of course none of them are plugged in.

RB used to record the sound of the speakers too but that has stopped working.
Did you reboot after update?
yes rebooted a couple of times
Prime example of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it.' this was my original post a while back............

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=92436&Number=678568#Post678568

and this was the advanced properties box i was talking about

i unticked the boxes. ticking them again restored the full functionality of the creative soundblaster control panel. selecting stereo speakers option as oppposed to surround sound enabled audacity again.

apologies to audacity and creative. it was user error.

Attached File
exclusive.png  (5 downloads)
© PG Music Forums