PG Music Home
Posted By: earl kirby what is a range tech error? - 04/10/22 07:28 PM
I have a son with 104 measures an get a range tech error, what is this? What does it mean and how do I fix it. Oh by the way I'm also using big lyrics window if that matters.
Posted By: rharv Re: what is a range tech error? - 04/10/22 08:03 PM
Range check errors are usually used in Beta or early release versions of a program
They let you know the program hit an error, and it was likely due to some user setting being set beyond a usable range

Can you provide more detail?
which program, which version and actual error details?
It won't likely help me solve it, but probably would help support
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: what is a range tech error? - 04/10/22 11:35 PM
Agree with RHarv. We note you are using 2021 but don't know what Build. What Style, etc.
Does the Range Check error include a detailed diagnostic that you can email to PG Music support?
Does the error occur when the song is first loaded, at the start of the song playing, at the end of the song? etc.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: what is a range tech error? - 04/12/22 08:57 PM
Originally Posted By: earl kirby
I have a son with 104 measures an get a range tech error, what is this? What does it mean and how do I fix it. Oh by the way I'm also using big lyrics window if that matters.

Hey there! We're just following up to see if you were still in need of assistance. The users above have asked some great questions, and the answers would certainly help us narrow down the issue if you are still in need of help!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: what is a range tech error? - 04/14/22 05:49 PM
Band-in-a-Box has a maximum limit of 255 bars. If you are using half, double or triple time RealTrack instruments that will lower the maximum bar limit. I'm wondering if your son might be encountering the bar limit.
© PG Music Forums