PG Music Home
Posted By: Roberts1 Changing Midi to Realtrack mid-song - 02/01/24 12:19 AM
Hi all,

I recently got BiaB 2023, and am in the midst of creating a song. It starts off with midi drums, so I could edit them in notation. So far, so good... Now I'm trying to change them to RealDrums on bar 19. However, whether I change it in Bar Settings or anything else, it changes the drum track for the entire song. Is there a way to get it to change from just bar 19 on?

Part of the problem might be that originally it was a RealDrum track right from the beginning, until I set it to "force back to midi." But that's just my guess. Thanks in advance.
Generate the song with the RealDrums and copy that track to a Utility Track.
Set the Drums to Force Midi Drums and generate and edit the first 19 bar and freeze the track. Mute or delete bars 19 to the end of the track.
Mute or delete the first 19 bars of the Utility track that have the RealDrums

Drums track should play the edited midi for bars 1-19 and Utility Track Drums 19- end of song. I tested using to the first 8 bars but the process will work with any measure.

Attached picture Drums Edit.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Changing Midi to Realtrack mid-song - 02/01/24 01:14 AM
Charlie has provided a workaround solution.
The underlying reason is that you cannot swap between MIDI and RealTracks on the same track.
Most RealDrums also have RealCharts so using Playable RealDrums is another method that would allow editing the RealDrums.
Posted By: Roberts1 Re: Changing Midi to Realtrack mid-song - 02/01/24 11:46 PM
Wow! Many thanks for the fast responses. It's good to have these different options to choose from.

As far as playable RealDrums though, there's something curious: when I bring them up in Notation, there aren't any notes there, only four slashes in each bar. The notes play, but they don't show on the staff. (I don't know if my RealDrums track is the playable kind, I'm just hoping it is.) Same for bass.

This happened with the midi drums too, but if I hit Play, then the notes appeared. No such luck with RealDrums. Am I doing something wrong?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Changing Midi to Realtrack mid-song - 02/02/24 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by Roberts1
Wow! Many thanks for the fast responses. It's good to have these different options to choose from.

As far as playable RealDrums though, there's something curious: when I bring them up in Notation, there aren't any notes there, only four slashes in each bar. The notes play, but they don't show on the staff. (I don't know if my RealDrums track is the playable kind, I'm just hoping it is.) Same for bass.

This happened with the midi drums too, but if I hit Play, then the notes appeared. No such luck with RealDrums. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Roberts.

Realdrums are snippets of audio and the transcription came after the drummer's performance was recorded. It might be that the Realdrums you're using do not have a transcription for them.

[Linked Image]

The green line under the track's name shows that notation is present. The above image indicates that Bass and Pedal Steel have notation. Check to see if a similar green line is under the drum track. If it is not, then there is no notation for this particular set of Realdrums.

Also, with the any notation, it will not appear until the track as been generated.

I hope this helps,
--Noel

Attached picture notation present 2023 long line standard notation.JPG
Posted By: Roberts1 Re: Changing Midi to Realtrack mid-song - 02/02/24 10:38 AM
It helps a great deal! Thanks, really appreciate it.
© PG Music Forums