PG Music Home
Posted By: Keep Trying How to Delete a Persistent Part Marker - 04/27/24 04:02 PM
Using Version 2023 (1013) 64-bit on Windows 11

Trying to get rid of a persistent part marker. I've tried everything, including "return to factory settings," making sure the bar settings are okay, and doing BIAB restarts, but I can't get rid of an unwanted part marker that keeps showing up in the middle of a phrase.

Sequencing through the series of part options to the "empty" marker makes it go away temporarily, but as soon as I hit a "Play" button, it reappears. The drum fill can be eliminated, of course, but how do I get rid of this bogus part marker?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to Delete a Persistent Part Marker - 04/27/24 07:21 PM
Hi Keep Trying.

In my many years of using BIAB, this is not a problem I've encountered either personally or here on the forum.

Are you able to upload your song file to a file sharing site (e.g. Dropbox) and then post a link to the file here in this thread so that I can have a look at the file.

That would help me (and others) understand the problem better as we can test the file.

Regards,
--Noel
That one is new to me as well. I would like to try this song.
kt.
If i understand your prob...
tell me if this works. ..ive nevet had this prob.

1..change part marker so it isnt a colour.
2.NOW file save special patches etc etc.
3..now regenerate and play.

does the colour partmarker reappear ?

ps clear your pm so people can message you.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Indeed interesting. You definitely cannot remove a part marker from the first bar. That's never been possible, but you've mentioned that it "keeps showing up in the middle of a phrase."

Noel's suggestion to upload the song to a file sharing service and sharing the link would be a good place to start. Remember to freeze the song first.
© PG Music Forums