PG Music Home
Posted By: Belladonna Align MIDI Track in Real Band - 12/14/17 03:24 AM
I did a MIDI track from Finale (songwriter software program). Even though I left four bars at the beginning to try to align with BIAB when I imported to Real Band it did not line up. I tried the Ctrl A select track and then Ctrl/Shift to do a visual drag to where I thought it should align. But it never quite did it correctly. I was hoping the program had a snap to grip or an align the entire track function where you could just enter the bar # where to start.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Align MIDI Track in Real Band - 12/14/17 04:44 AM
Were Finale and Realband set to exactly the same tempo? Finale will include tempo information in the midi file that Realband will interpret.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Align MIDI Track in Real Band - 12/14/17 11:42 AM
Yes, I did them both in 110 bpm and I allowed four bars at the beginning of the Finale music notation to fit to the four bars of an intro in RB.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Align MIDI Track in Real Band - 12/14/17 11:52 AM
Isn't it just two bars for the intro into Biab?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Align MIDI Track in Real Band - 12/14/17 01:50 PM
I agree with Charlie. RB and BIAB play 2 intro bars of drums before bar 1 starts. It sounds like this is the issue.

For example...

Let's say that you've written a 4-bar intro for your song and then verse 1 starts. In Finale, you'd need to allow 6 bars before the start of verse 1 because of the 2-bar count-in that RB/BIAB use.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Align MIDI Track in Real Band - 12/18/17 03:54 AM
Yes, I think that is my problem. Will try to add the extra two bars and see what happens. Thanks.
© PG Music Forums