PG Music Home
PG music Please write out the FULL NAMES OF YOUR ARTIST'S IN THE STYLES THEY ARE BASED ON!! For example I am practicing to midi style 60 and one of them is Alex B I have no idea who that is. I had a different artist John H I have NO IDEA WHO THAT IS!!! Please don't assume that everyone has this collective mindset. It gets me frustrated because this Omnipresent mentality does not extend to most people. and I feel stupid for not knowing!! just being honest. Thank You, sorry for the rant.
Maybe for copyright purposes PG Music are not permitted to specifically name individuals. This is just a thought, I don't know why, but I presume there may be a reason.
Methodman, this question comes up every few years. You can't just use someone's name on a commercial product without their permission meaning paying them for it. If PG has to do that then the overall cost of the program goes up. A lot. Think about it. Thousands of styles based on real songs. You want every style to be correctly identified as to who originally did the song it's based on? Tens of thousands of dollars and then they probably can't get permission for some of them. The agent or manager says no, she simply doesn't sell her name to anybody so forget about it. If they're dead then you're dealing with their estates.

It's the same thing with patch names on my various keyboards. The patches are based on famous players. I have a killer clav called Superlicious. Guess which song I might use that on? Another one is called SteviesRhodes. Gee, which Stevie are they referring to? Stevie Wonder maybe? There's a Wurlie one called LA Girl. A good guess might be the Wurlitzer electric piano sound on the Doors LA Woman. For organs I've got Jimmy's B and Joey's B. That's Jimmy Smith and Joey Defrancesco's respective sounds on organ. Another keyboard simply calls them Jazz organ 1, 2, 3, etc. That's the way it is in the music biz regarding copyrights and/or the use of someones name.

Bob
Further thoughts:

This is a 2012 style, made of all MIDI tracks. It's not a real player performing.

My first guess for that name would have been Alex Bugnon, a smooth jazz pianist, but after loading the style, I don't think so.
I had previously undertaken a search for "Alex B". In fact there are several hits for musicians/producers/artists with that exact name, but I don't think any of them are correct.
© PG Music Forums