PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 01:28 AM
On trick that might work is to put a hold on the last or second last chord. To do this, follow the chord with an ellipses (e.g. 'Ab6...')

You might also try experimenting with a Rest (a single period after the chord)
Posted By: Andyf1204 Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 01:50 AM
I guess ideally what I'd like is for the second to last bar to disappear, I can obviously do some editing in a DAW and just cut that bar out before bouncing down to a stereo track. I

was hoping there might be a way to customise a little more in Band in a Box but maybe I'm looking for a solution that doesn't exist.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 02:45 AM
All of the RealTrack endings are pre-recorded musical passages. It's a matter of the performers having recorded one that fits your song OK. Alternatively, consider experimenting with a different (but similar) style. You might find one that works a little closer to what you are looking for.
Posted By: jford Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 11:45 AM
First off, two bar endings are by definition just that...two bar endings. So you can't eliminate the next to last bar other than doing it manually (such as you suggested in a DAW). Additionally, four bar endings really aren't..they are merely an extension of the two bar ending to allow the last note of the two bar ending to decay without cutting off abruptly.

A wish list item of mine from way back has been to specify the length of the ending you want (likewise, I wish we could generate intros like an arranger keyboard does...maybe one day).
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 11:50 AM
I fully understand the request but I wonder if you might attach either the BIAB song or a short audio file of the ending, so we can hear/see the issue in that style and that song more clearly.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 12:30 PM
So here's how I do that.

First, UNFOLD the song into a linear form. That lays it out measure by measure from start to finish. At this point.... go to the end and back up to the measure you think is the unnecessary measure. Highlight it and delete it. BB will move the measures to fill the gap when it regenerates.

Play it and see if that works. If not.... you can always undo it and try a different measure.

Another option that I use OFTEN is to add about 8 or more measures to the ending area. Of course this is in the UNFOLDED format. Simply pop them in somewhere before the actual end of the song. Now.... custom make the ending you want, measure by measure including the end. There will be your custom ending.... either with a hard ending or a hold to fade.... followed by several measures of silence and then the default ending will play.... easy fix to trim that off later.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 04:51 PM
Two thoughts and both involve using F5 Bar Settings:

1) Click on the last bar, press F5 and select MUTE in the Volume Changes for ALL Instruments.

2) Click on the last bar, press F5 and select RealTracks. Select a track and change the instrument to Silence. Repeat for all tracks.
Posted By: Andyf1204 Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/08/20 10:12 PM
Hi Matt,
there should be an attachment of the song in my original post. I'm becoming aware that it's probably just something that isn't possible at this stage, other than editing via a DAW.

Andy
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/09/20 08:12 AM
I downloaded the SGU file and it plays a standard two bar ending beginning at bar 46 with an Ab chord. The Ab6 in bar 47 and Ab chord in bar 49 are unnecessary and ignored by the pre-recorded 2 bar ending. If you take Trevor's (VideoTrack) suggestion and input the ending Ab as Ab... the chord will play as a hold in bar 46 and the chord will ring out and fade across the remaining bars.
Posted By: Andyf1204 Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/31/20 03:37 AM
Thanks for the input Charlie, sorry it's taken so long to reply, as you'd probably be aware sometimes life stuff gets in the way of fun stuff. I'll give that a try and see how that goes.

Thanks to all for any input and tips.

Andy
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 08/31/20 08:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Andyf1204
Thanks for the input Charlie, sorry it's taken so long to reply, as you'd probably be aware sometimes life stuff gets in the way of fun stuff. I'll give that a try and see how that goes.

Thanks to all for any input and tips.

Andy

No problem. I hope it works as expected for you. If not, let us know here on the forum and we'll try to help you sort things out.
Posted By: Andyf1204 Re: Editing custom/generated endings. - 09/06/20 05:45 AM
Hi Charlie,
I think you and others may have hit upon my problem. Too many chords and such when I create an ending, I've tried simplifying what chords I'm putting in which bars in the tag and ending and that seems to have helped. I've also discovered (derrr) that hitting "generate and play" after a change funnily enough seems to reset the song with any changes I made. Yep, probably pretty obvious when you think about it I suppose.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance.

Andy
© PG Music Forums