PG Music Home
Posted By: Jedasa Licensing on two computers? [Resolved] - 12/08/21 09:21 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have read the Licensing Agreement and it appears that the Band in a Box software can be installed only on one device. Is this open to any interpretation? Most other software I have purchased allows installation on two computers (for example, on a desktop and laptop), but the software must be used only on one computer at a time. I was just wondering if this is allowed under the licensing agreement?

If not, can an older version of Band in a Box be installed on one computer, and the new 2022 version be installed on a second computer? (I have the 2018 MegaPak and am planning to upgrade to 2022 MegaPak).

Thanks very much for any insight provided!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Licensing on two computers? - 12/08/21 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum.

My understanding of this is that each year, your license allows for three activations. You can activate both your computers with no problem, with one more to spare, as many of us do.

You can even deactivate a computer and reactivate it, or transfer the activation to another computer upon which BIAB is loaded. Should you run into a problem, such as having a hard drive crash, just contact PG Music Support and explain. And though I would not want to be without the new features of 2022, I could have additional activations running my version 2021. Just as long as BIAB 2022 is only running on one machine at a time**, you are in compliance with your license.

EDIT: ** your machine; see below
Posted By: rharv Re: Licensing on two computers? - 12/08/21 09:36 PM
Historically it can be installed on 3 computers, but only used on one at a time.
Posted By: Jedasa Re: Licensing on two computers? - 12/08/21 10:09 PM
Thank you very much for answering my question - I appreciate your quick replies!
Additionally, of course the product is licensed to you, so the activations can only be on systems used by you.

Welcome also!
© PG Music Forums