PG Music Home
Posted By: Bass Thumper Invisible Strings [Resolved] - 02/21/22 06:31 PM
I have an arrangement I’m working on and in the Mixer Window I have the following:
Bass
Piano
Drums
Guitar 1
Guitar 2
Cello
Soloist
Thru
Audio
Strings
Utility#2 – Utility #16

[I don’t yet understand Soloist, Thru and Audio, so when I added the Strings I chose the Utility #1 track.]

When I play my chord progression the Strings and other non-muted RealTracks play as expected. But I don’t want the Strings to come in immediately on bar 1. So I hit F5 expecting to be able to mute them and I find that the Strings are not on the list at all.

Can someone explain what is going on and how to make the Strings visible so I can mute and unmute them?

More generally, how can I make visible anything I place in Utility #1 – Utility #16?

Many thanks.

Attached picture Screenshot 9.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Invisible Strings - 02/21/22 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper

Can someone explain what is going on and how to make the Strings visible so I can mute and unmute them?

More generally, how can I make visible anything I place in Utility #1 – Utility #16?

To change the volume of audio on Utility Tracks, use the Audio Edit Window and place nodes which you move to adjust the volume at specific points on the timeline, as shown below.

To make Utility Tracks visible, select the 'eye' icon at the bottom of the mixer and then select the tracks you wish to view.

Attached picture 2022-02-22_09-13-18.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Invisible Strings - 02/21/22 07:24 PM
Additionally, see the section on Volume Automation for Utility Tracks which can be found on page 268 of the 2022 manual.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Invisible Strings - 02/21/22 07:34 PM
AudioTrack is right, only the legacy tracks can have their volume adjusted in the Bar Settings window and for the Utility tracks you would instead use the Volume Automation feature. We would just like to add that this is feature is shown at 51:18 of this video: https://youtu.be/BS0yuTwhcCc?t=3078
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Invisible Strings - 02/21/22 09:32 PM
AudioTrack and Chantelle,
Thanks a bunch. Your explanations were great.
I'll mark this resolved smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Invisible Strings - 02/21/22 10:03 PM
Glad it worked for you.

There is a WishList request to have a feature added so that this can be also done through the Bar Settings window.
© PG Music Forums