Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean 03/23/24 09:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, Thanks so much. Bob
Replies 42 Views 1,771 Read More
Re: Music from the Soul rsdean 03/23/24 09:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave / Marty, You guys are a blues machine... Everything about this is great. Also love the video. Excellent song and production. Bob
Replies 32 Views 807 Read More
Re: Music from the Soul BlueAttitude 03/23/24 09:15 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Great song lyrics, arrangement and the usual excellent lead guitar work. Wonderful.
Happy you liked it, thanks!
Re: I'LL TAKE THE DOG BlueAttitude 03/23/24 09:14 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sounds like a classic country ballad to me, and nothing wrong with that. Good song, well written and produced. Enjoyed!
Replies 20 Views 548 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental Al-David 03/23/24 09:10 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI Carl, Your music is always a true pleasure to hear. Love this soft chill arrangement. And the varying sounds of your guitar was an unexpected but very nice treat. A smooth and dreamy ambiance all the way through. The strings and piano are real nice, too. Thaks for a most satisfying listen. Wishing you the very best, Alan
Replies 18 Views 549 Read More
Re: Black & Blue Al-David 03/23/24 09:04 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI Nigel, We're big fans of these early Jazz tunes. And everything Sachmo did sounds great to us. And you sound equally great on this version. Loved the vocal. The arrangement is true to the era and sounds great. Totally enjoyed the listen. Take care, Alan
Replies 31 Views 1,024 Read More
Re: Black & Blue camog 03/23/24 08:52 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great vibe on this Nigel - super job all round, I read somewhere that Sachmo smoked weed all day for years? You didn't need the weed to capture the vibe (I assume) - well done! Cheers, Carl
Replies 31 Views 1,024 Read More
Re: Tattooed camog 03/23/24 08:46 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Floyd - simply excellence all round, really great job!! Greetings from the UK, Carl
Replies 43 Views 1,954 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental camog 03/23/24 06:50 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks a lot David for pushing 'play' despite the slightly longer tune! Chuffed you thought it was ok!! Best, Carl
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental camog 03/23/24 06:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks a lot for the BB drum tip Mario - will check that out, I'm no drummer at all but thought I'd have a go! Looking forward to BB 2024 Mac, hopefully around May! Glad you liked my tune - thanks for your nice comments!! Greeting from the UK, Carl
Re: Thank you Mister Satie Chris37 03/23/24 05:51 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks The Maartian, Elliott, WaoBand, Mario and David. The accompaniment with one guitar seems simple but finding a good sound and fluid notes wasn't so easy!
Replies 14 Views 378 Read More
Re: Creating music using synth keyboard saxgentleman67 03/23/24 05:22 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Gordon. Very helpful.
Replies 8 Views 300 Read More
Re: I Feel Love - Donna Summer 2024 Grammy Hall Of Fame AudioTrack 03/23/24 04:35 AM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ahead of its time then. It could even be current airplay today.
Replies 4 Views 171 Read More
Now That's Gotta Be Easier musocity 03/23/24 04:24 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 0 Views 74 Read More
Re: Open SGU in Reaper musocity 03/23/24 04:19 AM Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. EDIT: If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant. You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua [Linked Image]
Replies 21 Views 2,280 Read More
Re: Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly musocity 03/23/24 04:19 AM Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. EDIT: If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant. You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 1 Views 168 Read More
Re: Advanced Mode of Working with Biab musocity 03/23/24 04:16 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. EDIT: If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant. You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 19 Views 1,838 Read More
Re: Ghost Of Love dcuny 03/23/24 03:36 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Bob. Exactly what it says on the tin. You make it sound so easy. What they said - so much good stuff fit into a such a small song. smile
Replies 42 Views 1,771 Read More
Re: One Way Ticket, Live busking track dcuny 03/23/24 03:31 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Donny. I see I'm quite late for this train, but I'm glad I finally made it on board. Mellow and laid back. smile I would have liked the vocals a bit louder, though. You've got a pleasant voice.
Replies 10 Views 322 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental dcuny 03/23/24 03:23 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Carl. I saw it was over six minutes long, pushed play, and... what was a pleasant surprise! That was a lovely bit of music. smile
Re: Thank you Mister Satie dcuny 03/23/24 03:06 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Christian. Very pretty! I've always loved Satie's Gymnopedie #1, and Natalie has a lovely voice.
Replies 14 Views 378 Read More
Re: I'LL TAKE THE DOG dcuny 03/23/24 02:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Elliot. Love the song, and everything about it... except what the pitch correction is doing to the vocals. It has a sort of "hollow" electronic sound. Now, I'm a big fan of doing whatever I can to my vocals to make them better than they actually are, and I've used Melodyne and several other pitch correction tools to boot. So I'm not against using pitch correction at all, if needed. I'm guessing that you duplicated the melody line in Melodyne and turned it into a harmony, because the two vocal lines are tracking so closely. That (and not just Melodyne) are probably what's causing that sound. As a rule, you should try singing the line again, and use that take to create the harmony. It's OK if the rhythm is slightly different, too - that'll give it some independence. And even though you're applying pitch correction, don't make it 100% - dial it back a bit, because you want them to keep some differences. I suspect you already know all this, but... well, just in case. wink Anyway, I really liked the song. Easy on the ears, nicely sung, good arrangement. Simple and to the point.
Replies 20 Views 548 Read More
Re: Saying goodbye to old gear eddie1261 03/23/24 02:52 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I DO remember women. Vaguely... but I remember. Best I can do for a sax is my mid 60s King alto. I bought it mainly because my father, who worked at HN White, then when it became King, had a hand in building it. However, as time passes and sentimentality fades it has long since lost any emotional value. Plus, he never really liked me much as an adult, so... I mainly want to sell my stuff myself. My executor won't know what has value and what doesn’t. My keyboards, mixer, amp, stands et al should bring in over 5000, which goes to the mortgage. That is my quest now, to eat away as much of Mount Mortgage as possible. Slowly but surely most of it will go on to Reverb.
Replies 20 Views 853 Read More
Re: Music from the Soul dcuny 03/23/24 02:34 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Dave. What to say? Blues, screaming lead guitar, excellent vocals, nice write, solid groove with the bass and drums. Excellent! laugh
Re: MY WISHES FOR RB. Rob Helms 03/23/24 02:32 AM Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
SolidPipeCityRockMusoLine! New name idea!!!!! "wink"
Replies 11 Views 512 Read More
Page 110 of 118 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 117 118
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,741
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191