Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Title: バレバレ(Translation: I’d just failed to hide my feeling) with two different female jazz vocals animarorecords 03/25/24 06:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob, Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment. And many thanks for listening to the both versions. I am really glad you like both versions, vocals and my arrangement. I am always very encouraged by your kind words. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Replies 36 Views 517 Read More
Re: Title: バレバレ(Translation: I’d just failed to hide my feeling) with two different female jazz vocals animarorecords 03/25/24 06:15 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Laurent, Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment. And many thanks for listening to the both versions. I am really glad you like both versions, vocals, piano and my string arrangement. I am very encouraged by your kind words. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Re: Title: バレバレ(Translation: I’d just failed to hide my feeling) with two different female jazz vocals animarorecords 03/25/24 06:12 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Elliott, Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment. And many thanks for listening to the both versions. I am really glad you like both versions. I am very encouraged by your kind words. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Re: Invitation animarorecords 03/25/24 06:08 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Rob and Anne-Marie, It's a very interesting video. The folk-like melody sung in Dutch is wonderful. Although it is a cover , it is a very nice production. Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Replies 10 Views 176 Read More
Re: No Name animarorecords 03/25/24 05:56 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, It's a beautiful song. It's a very relaxing sound. The tones of each selected instrument are very nice. Since you are using a wind controller, the oboe sounds very natural. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Replies 21 Views 283 Read More
Re: Aurora V1: Night Turns Into Gold animarorecords 03/25/24 05:48 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
WaoBand, The video was very impressive. The music is perfect for the video. The B3 organ and saxophone are very comfortable. Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Replies 17 Views 235 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love animarorecords 03/25/24 05:36 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, As usual, it is very elaborately made. However, the melody is simple and easy to remember. There are various tricks that will keep me entertained. The string runs are used very effectively. The selection of Synth V is also accurate. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Replies 29 Views 513 Read More
Re: No Name PeterF 03/25/24 05:31 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario Very nice indeed, excellent playing and a lush overall sound. Peter
Re: Music from the Soul PeterF 03/25/24 05:28 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave & Marty Great work. Excellent song and great to hear you stretching out on that melodic solo. Top stuff. Peter
Replies 25 Views 403 Read More
Re: Thank you Mister Satie animarorecords 03/25/24 05:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, It's a simple and very beautiful song. The transition in the middle of the song is great. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Replies 12 Views 198 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar dRoNe13 03/25/24 04:54 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This DAW plugin sounds fantastic, thanks again, Charlie. Time for more tutorials👍 My wife, Tracy, is over the moon, she's been using Biab for nearly 3 years and didn't know about the VST plugin. When she first purchased Biab, I was never into it (well, until I heard the quality of the RealTracks, then I was impressed) Tracy always loved Biab and Nuendo, and now she can use them together. She sends her kind regards.
Replies 14 Views 181 Read More
Re: drums stop playing for 3 bars then start again Jademann 03/25/24 03:15 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks AT, I decided to try creating the song all over from scratch and there is no problem with drums. I don't know what I did wrong to cause this. One of the first things I tried was bar settings for this bar but perhaps I couldnt see what I needed to do. For interest I will try out your solution tomorrow though to see if it corrects the problem. Thanks for helping.
Replies 6 Views 101 Read More
Re: External Hardware Daveplaysbass 03/25/24 01:39 AM Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Jump to new postsJump to new posts
did you ever figure out if this was possible to use a external midi controller?
Replies 3 Views 391 Read More
Re: drums stop playing for 3 bars then start again AudioTrack 03/25/24 01:28 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Are you able to upload the SGU song file to Drop Box or similar and send a link. Other's might be able to test.
Re: drums stop playing for 3 bars then start again AudioTrack 03/25/24 01:23 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't really know why they would stop on those bars, however, press Function key <F5> (bar settings), and then press Reset All Bars then Apply. Make sure that the tracks are not frozen, and regenerate. [Linked Image] (I'm not sure if it's somehow related to the two sets of repeats.)
Re: Music from the Soul BlueAttitude 03/25/24 12:59 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
MAGIC. A wonderful write. "...Music from the soul is what matters" Gorgeous Guitar. Buttery Bass. Masterful Mix. Pure Magic. fj
Appreciate that, Floyd, thanks!
Replies 25 Views 403 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) Janice & Bud 03/25/24 12:59 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Now, THAT's a party! Everything sounds GREAT. Guitars, vocals and mix are all super tight and sparkly. Ya'll can really heat up a pair of headphones. Love it!
Thank you! J&B
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Well, that was a fun listen! Can't go wrong with Janice on vocal (loved the harmonies!) and Peter on guitar in my book cool Great slide playing throughout, Peter, and I liked the rock guitar licks you did at the end. Nice take on an old classic, enjoyed.
Thank you Dave. I’m glad you liked the harmony! Janice
Replies 40 Views 940 Read More
Re: Gaming chord progressions readybeans 03/25/24 12:53 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Maybe the biggest part of my fascination with music is the mechanics of harmony (which is really an aspect of physics) . . . functional harmony is my game. But i'm by far not a Calvinist about it. When a harmonic structure i'm building (a song) starts sounding vapid i get out my trusty 12-sided dice and start rolling to inject an element of randomness into the proceedings. Bought a small sack of 12-sided dice at a game store back in the mid 90's and i make up games to play with them whenever i get stuck. There's 12 tones in the chromatic scale, right? Each could be a key centre. Each key has 7 chords. Let the dice determine the new key and what chord, then function back to the original key you wuz in when you got stuck. The word "gaming" in this thread title is what caught my eye.
Replies 1 Views 210 Read More
Re: Saying goodbye to old gear Notes Norton 03/25/24 12:23 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Notes, sorry our timing wasn't better when I sold my Mark VI tenor a few years ago. Couldn't hold it (arthritis). Still playing a little soprano.<...snip...>
I had a Mark VI. Bought it new, probably in 1959 or 1960. I traded a Selmer Modele 26 for that. Years later, I traded it in for a VII. It played great in the store, but when I got on the gig, I couldn't overblow it for a nasty edge, so I went back Monday to get my VI back, but was already sold. Lesson learned, when trying new horns out, don't be shy about playing too loud in the music store. So I sold the VII and got a H.Couf Superba. IMO a better sax than the VI. The tone was better than the VI and much more flexible. Fuller subtones, and when overblowing to get that extra edge on it, the highs were still more complex. It also had much better intonation, and keywork that fit my hands better with the best high F# key ever. Unfortunately, they quit re-lacquering saxes when I sent them in for an overhaul, and eventually it turned green with a finish blistered like a grapefruit skin. The Couf had a high copper content in the brass, which probably is why the tone was so nice. Sold it and got a gold-plated Grassi Prestiege. My hands eat up lacquer, so I figured a gold-plated horn would work. It didn't. The lacquer peeled off and took a lot of the gold with it. I still have it, and plan on cleaning it up and selling it, but life, gigs, and the BiaB biz keeps getting in the way (I'm not complaining). So I had a MacSax built and custom finished for me in silver colored nickel. It's a standard Taiwanese horn, and I like it a lot. But I started getting a lot of beachside gigs and didn't want the salt spray on it, so I bought a used Yamaha YTS-52 for outdoor gigs. I was pleasantly surprised with that one. Best intonation of any horn I've had so far, easy blowing, and a nice tone for rock and blues. A little more edge than the Mac, but not thin like the Grassi. After a few years beachside, the Yamaha is looking nasty, but still plays great. I was thinking it was too bad I sold the VI. I paid $600 for it new. So I looked up the inflation index and $600 in 1960 buys what $6,290 does today, and after all those years, gigging full-time, and a lot of wear and tear, I don't think I could have gotten $6k for it today. So it wouldn't have been a good investment. Now I have my Mac, Yamaha, Grassi (until I clean it up) and a King Alto. Through the years, I had a Conn Shooting Star and a Pan American I bought dirt cheap as back-up saxes, and I gave both of them away. Both were student horns to be used when my main horn was in the shop, but I started using my older horn as the back-up. Having a spare is necessary, because I'm one of those “the show must go on” people. Since I went full-time pro in the 1960s, I've never-ever missed a gig, or the downbeat. Eddie, pardon me for taking this so far off-topic. But any thread that lasts long enough eventually gets there. I hope you get good prices for the gear you are selling. Notes ♫
Replies 18 Views 510 Read More
Re: No Name MarioD 03/25/24 12:08 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Originally Posted by MarioD
I have decided to not give this song a title
Then at least call it "A Song With No Name". The lyrics (sung with a melody written by a band named after an insignificant continent west of Europe) go like this: On the first part of the journey I was looking for a name But everything I could think of Sounded bad and really lame. You're welcome, Mario smile As always, I like the laid-back soundscape you create, it's very relaxing for me. The drums take that away in places, but I don't know if a chillout sound was what you were going for.
Thanx Brian! Cool lyrics but I think I may have heard them before, maybe when I was in an oasis in the Sahara Desert! I'm glad that you liked it.
Re: No Name MarioD 03/25/24 12:04 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Mario, wow, this is truly majestic! The oboe sounds great, but I'm really blown away by the flow of the arrangement and mix. Could be a movie soundtrack for sure. Another nice one!
Thanx so much Ron for this very kind review. I appreciate it.
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Man, I was going to say truly majestic, but I see Ron beat me to it eek Excellent track, Mario, love the way it builds. Oboe is great!
Thanx so much Dave. That breath and keyboard controller combination has opened up a whole new world to me.
Re: No Name MarioD 03/25/24 12:02 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
I agree with Janice and Bud, great arrangement, sounds like a professional sound track, and is soothing.
Thanx so much Ronnie. I appreciate your kind words.
Originally Posted by WaoBand
A potential title for this could "Tracking Sound" and as it sounds like soundtrack material. I really like the oboe sound, but I'd liked to have heard more of it in this,
Thanx so much, especially for that suggestion. I will keep that in mind for my next song(s).
Re: No Name MarioD 03/24/24 11:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Epic and relaxing ... if those aren't contradictory. Big sound! Great performances, arrangement, backing tracks and mix. We never cease to be amazed by the controller and the oboe is a treat. Enjoyed it, No Names
Thanx Janice and Bud. I am trying to improve on my breath and keyboard controller combination. Hopefully I will get better.
Re: I Remember that Day, original busking tune DonnyGee 03/24/24 11:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Donny, the backing band sounds great. FWIW I found the lyrics hard to follow. IMHO they sound be louder as parts are lost in the mix. That is just my two cents and others may not agree.
Yep, you are right, I may do a live cut tonight and replace it. I was actually trying to write on the fly. I am sure you know that I have at least ten ongoing ideas that need to get into production material, all about the balancing act. I will say that it is great to be in my 70's and still writing so much 'keeper' material. But yea, I just wanted to get the idea down, now I can do a much better live track, thanks. I enjoy listening to your production work. Donny G
Replies 7 Views 150 Read More
Re: No Name MarioD 03/24/24 11:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Mario, Nice work on the controllers. Cool oboe... A flowing melody. Easy on the ears. Description: Meditative. Relaxing. Engaging. Title: The Rest Is History Lovely. fj
Thanx Floyd. I believe I am becoming more confident with the breath and keyboard controllers. Time will tell.
Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200