Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion: Selective Re-Generating by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Rustyspoon#, You're correct that you can spend a lot of time waiting for Band-in-a-Box to render. Selective rendering could reduce wasted time. But at the same time that's why I appreciate the multi-riff feature in RealBand. I believe the more you try to force Band-in-a-Box to render bars exactly to match specifically what you hear in your mind, the more time you will spend waiting while tracks are rendered. That is time lost. I also believe new users loose more time than seasoned users.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: FOOL'S GOLD by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

BIGALTX, First off, welcome to BIAB! I’m pretty much a newbie myself, but I think you’ll find this a very receptive and supportive forum. Not sure if this is your first foray into BIAB software, but if it is I’m pretty jealous—you’ve done some really nice things here. For me, the opening was a bit too fast and loud—like being slung right off into a tornado—so, and this is just my two cents, think about opening up a little more softly and building from there. LIke the lyric
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Bring Me Down To The Water by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

Dave, This is so strong—so much going on here that works so well. The first verse is exceptional, the melody to the verses is near perfect. If I were to nit-pick, in that second verse the “kill or be killed” line doesn’t quite resonate--maybe a bit too harsh-- nor “urge to deceive”—but’s that’s just my take. It may be an opportunity to tweak, or not. Use or lose. The chorus is solid; lyrically killer and the phrasing is sweet. That said, it didn’t quite strike me as a
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: COME AGAIN by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 05:34 PM

Ann-Marie, This is beautiful--lovely vocals and harmonies. Just wonderful to listen to—so well done! It’s going to be impressive as hell done live. Good luck with it!\ My kindest regards, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Prayer to the World by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Al-David, animarorecords, Noel, musician17, EMG, Scott C, Floyd, J&B, Greg, Mario, Ember, cliftond, jannesan; and RnAM: Thank you all for stopping in and giving this a listen--and for your kind comments and support. I'm glad you all enjoyed the listen. All the best to each of you! Al-David, anicarorecords, Noel, Ember: I was mostly kidding about feeling guilty. I’m really pleased with how this came out; it’s a piano song, and I don’t play piano. So there’s no way I could have
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Song from Ray Thigpen and occ by MarioD @ Yesterday at 05:29 PM

OCC this is excellent! Great song. I am still sad about Ray's passing. I spoke to Ray a few times via the phone. I was on a couple of his songs. My wife and I were going to visit Ray and Paulie but he passed away before we got a chance to head south. Ray was a very good Internet friend.
Off-Topic
Agreed Jim. I snagged this from Wiki..... Quote:Aretha Franklin released a cover version of the song in the middle of 1971 that outperformed the original on the charts, charting #1 R&B for three weeks and #2 Pop for two weeks. Aretha Franklin's version earned a gold single for sales of over one million. Dr. John played keyboards on Franklin's version with Bernard "Pretty" Purdie on drums and Chuck Rainey on bass. This version hit #6 on Billboard's Easy Listening chart. Franklin a
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion: Selective Re-Generating by Rustyspoon# @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Jim, as I mentioned I do not want to compare apples to oranges. I only brought up ChordPulse to put accent on what is elegance vs clutter. Complexity should not be excuse for clutter. Guys, I know that you are trying to help, thank you! I am sure you know about BIAB 10 times more than I. The last time I have tried it over a decade ago and gave up on it. This year I bought it and tried to approach it with open mind. This thread caught my attention, because rendering does steal a lot of time an
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: One Of These Days by dani48 @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Hi, EMG !:)) Thank you for your most kind and constructive comments !:)) Cheers Dani
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Embers by Robertkc @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Noel96Robert, These lyrics were an incredibly visual journey for me. It was so easy to see everything that you sang about. My first impression was that there's a lot confidence on display in this creation, its arrangement and its production. You certainly are achieving some pretty polished results working with your DAW and BIAB these days. As always, your storytelling stood proudly at centre stage. All the best, Noel Noel. That`s a very supportive review - thank you!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Song from Ray Thigpen and occ by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

That's a very good song. I bet it would get more attention if you posted the link in the User Showcase section of the forum. I barely remember Ray as he quit posting about the same time I started visiting the forum. I'm sorry our paths didn't cross more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion: Selective Re-Generating by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

If you get the Windows Task Manager up and look at the RAM being used by bbw.exe you will see it grow as the tracks are generated, add double the amount of bars and double the RAM is used. The saved SGU with frozen tracks will just contain the the position, length and transposed information only of the section from the source wav/wma so it will use that information to load the same section back to RAM rather than a new random one. In RealBand it uses bbw2.exe in the background to generate up the
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: FOOL'S GOLD by BIGALTX @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

On Lead Vocal: VST REA TUNE VST REA EQ VST RE COMPRESSOR JS DE-ESSER VST GW VOICE CENTRIC VST CLA VOCALS VST CENTER STEREO JS MASTER LIMITER I really like the CLA Plugin effects I have. All recorded with Reaper DAW
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Staff Roll by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Suggest that you remove the note in the next bar and extend the length of the note in the first bar. There are several ways to do this, but in edit mode, right-click and edit the note. You can change the length from there. You can also do this in the piano roll (might be easier)
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: These Days by BlueAttitude @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: PeterFDave & Chris Superb! Love the song - everything is pro. Great kick off to the solo and wonderful tone. The vocals were lovely. Top class blues. Peter Thanks Peter!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: intermittent highlighting of the melody track by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Open the song file. Change the file name and save under the new name to create a back up file. Click on the gray snowflake icon for each track. The snowflake icon turns blue to indicate the track is "frozen" and can not be changed. Save the song file. Attach the saved song file to an email. The email should also reference this forum post along with a "what to look for" issue description. Mail the email to "support@pgmusic.com".
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Unusual by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

So my last telepathic spiritual guidance came from David Byrne. This time, it came from: Michael Jackson https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs2/unusual This is one submission in the Rock Pop Category for the Xtra Styles thing. Style: Unusual. Those tracks and other info below. Unusual By David Snyder V1 Ain't nobody gonna take this from me I've always known who I wanted to be Ain't nobody gonna tell me my name ain't nobody gonna make feel shame everybody is so up to their games they h
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Song from Ray Thigpen and occ by occ @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Does anyone remember Ray Thigpen? Ray and I were good friends and colaberated on many songs. Ray passed away a few years ago. This is a song that he wrote and I am singing it and the music. I just ran across this a couple days ago in my computer. It is "After all these Years". occ Occ's songs
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Steve Perry Is Back! by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

rockstar_not, I entirely get what your saying. Country singer Luke Bryan has a song called M-O-V-E that I feel the same way about. The song itself is infectious but one line ruins the song every time I hear it and the line is repeated MANY times. It's something like "and girl you're so d*mn hot". Best guess I can come up with is the songwriter was lazy. I will say this though, coarse language presently seems to be in vogue, same with tattoos and piercings. Different times, diffe
Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song contest - August 2018
Jump to new posts Unusual by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

So my last telepathic spiritual guidance came from David Byrne. This time, it came from: Michael Jackson https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs2/unusual This is one submission in the Rock Pop Category. Style: Unusual. Those tracks and other info below. Unusual By David Snyder V1 Ain't nobody gonna take this from me I've always known who I wanted to be Ain't nobody gonna tell me my name ain't nobody gonna make feel shame everybody is so up to their games they hate themselves and find some
Jump to new posts Re: House Party by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

Thanks John. Loved your Beethoven piece just now!
Jump to new posts Re: You Don't Serve Me Anymore by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

Yeah Janne, this is REALLY cool. Totally enjoyed it. Good luck with the contest.
Jump to new posts Re: A Fifth Goes Down Smoothly by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Very clever indeed John! I loved this! Tons of fun!! Good luck on the contest!
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhat Diminished by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Mario, This is killer man. Great job!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: House Party by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Dear Clifton, Peter, Kenny, David C and Robert and Anne-Marie, Thanks for your kind words and the listen. So glad you enjoyed it!
Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 ... 42 43 >
PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53046 Topics
440417 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 140