Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts No WAS for XP Users? by sixchannel @ Today at 09:40 AM

I have installed my new 2018 on the usual XP drive without any drama. However, my first test shows that the newly feted WAS driver to be used in preference to MME and ASIO, IS NOT available when running BB in XP. It does not appear in the drop down menu at any rate. Update 505 installed. NOTE - it IS there if running the BB in Windows 7. Could other XP Users please check and advise. Cheers Ian
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: calkwalk anoucement sad news by Larry Kehl @ Today at 09:39 AM

Just FYI update Tracktion is now actually giving away version 6 of Tracktion!
Deutsches Band-in-a-Box User Forum
Danke für deine Antwort und die Willkomenswünsche! Und zum anderem Post würde ich es hier gleich fortsetzten. Es freut mich sehr, dass es ein Deutsches Forum gibt, weil besonders für Spezifische Fragen ist es auf Englisch für mich schwer das richtige heraus zu filtern. Es ärgert mich gerade sehr, dass ich nicht gewartet habe für die Band in a Box 2018. Aber ich wusste es leider nicht. Jetzt habe ich seit nicht ganz einem Monat Band in a Box 2017 gekauft für den selben Preis. Ich habe die
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Looking Out Over The Bay by dani48 @ Today at 09:38 AM

Hi, Torrey !:)) Much obliged by your most kind words ! It is an honour to me to get such a good review ! Merry X-mas and a most Happy New Year to you too ! Cheers Dani
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Realband Demo for S.O.S. by Al-David @ Today at 09:37 AM

ROG, Cool composition! I can see why they liked it and were impressed. good one you for doing that. BIAB deserves all the good press it can get. Thanks for stepping upo for all of us! Best to you, Alan
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Looking Out Over The Bay by dani48 @ Today at 09:36 AM

Hi, Charlie !:)) You are most kind with your comment and you know it makes me feel humble ! thank you for those most kind words and let me wish you a most Merry Christmas and a most Happy New Year ! Cheers Dani
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite by Larry Kehl @ Today at 09:35 AM

John I've installed, run, and registered all three programs (SAM, SF, and, Spectra) on BOTH Win 10 and Win 7 no issues. And like I said elsewhere, I already know where I dorked up - so moving the large sample folder around is easy BUT can you PLEASE tell me how many ytif's is it MORE than 76? and how many more and can you report The TOTAL size your Ind. Pro sample folder (since I doubt you installed to C) but it WOULD have been this folder for a default install "C:\Program Files
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Looking Out Over The Bay by dani48 @ Today at 09:34 AM

Hi, Rich ! I am most thankful for your most kind words ! Was what I also thought i.e. that summer´s comin´to you ! How do you celebrate Christmas I mean - do you dance around a Christmas Tree ? Wishing you the best of X-mases, New Years and summers too ! Cheers Dani
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by Al-David @ Today at 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: tommyadFor a country guy you always have a great feel for these jazzy pop things. Really well sung. The processing works and the mix sounds good. Nicely written and the thing I like best is the outstanding chord progression. I do hope Di is feeling better and able to rest comfortably. Best to y'all, Tom Hi Tom, Thank you so much for the very kind comments. I playee country almost all my life for two reasons: 1. I like it 2: It paid excellent money! But ... I would
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Realband Demo for S.O.S. by dani48 @ Today at 09:29 AM

Hi, ROG, ol´friend ! Super rockin´blues that is what it is and impossible to listen to without starting to sway !!!! Merry X-mas and Happy New Year ! Cheers Dani
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by dani48 @ Today at 09:23 AM

Hi, Al & Di ! I´d say this must be one of your absolute best Al !!! Wonderful music so delicately processed and mixed too ! Liked it really much ! Merry X-mas and Happy New Year to both of you ! Cheers Dani
Jump to new posts Re: Wizard playalong feature not working by Matt Finley @ Today at 09:22 AM

Very good!
Jump to new posts Re: Wizard playalong feature not working by Cerio @ Today at 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley I just re-read the Help. In the BIAB Help, Index under Wizard, several steps are described. First, it talks about using the computer QWERTY keyboard. Then it mentions a MIDI keyboard but says there is a separate step to activate the MIDI keyboard to act as the QWERTY would (and not just be a 'regular' MIDI keyboard) with C, E, G and Bb being notes in the chord, and D,F and A being passing tones. There are checkboxes for MIDI Keyboard Wizard Enabled, and Use
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by tommyad @ Today at 09:18 AM

For a country guy you always have a great feel for these jazzy pop things. Really well sung. The processing works and the mix sounds good. Nicely written and the thing I like best is the outstanding chord progression. I do hope Di is feeling better and able to rest comfortably. Best to y'all, Tom
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Alan David Cover_First to Say Goodbye by Al-David @ Today at 09:17 AM

Hi Tommy, First, it's really great to see you on the boards again. Hope all is well at home - that was quite a storm. And yeah, David puts a good spin on things. I really appreciated his efforts on this cover. hre has a unique and interesting style that always pouts a great spin on a ny music he does. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll say "Thanks a bunch!" from both of us! Merry Christmas. Alan David, too!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by Al-David @ Today at 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: RichMacNice one Alan. The title grabbed my attention and the chorus also really lifts the song. Cheers. Hi Rich. Thank you! I am so happy you liked it! I always appreciate your comments. Wishing you the best. Merry Christmas. Alan
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by Al-David @ Today at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: animarorecordsHello, Alan Very nice tune! It is just like a fusion version of Sinatra song. The standard style melody has become a very good finish with backing fusion arrangement. The effect of TC-Helicon vocal processor is also pleasant. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi Thank you, Shigeki! "A fusion version of a Sinatra song" ... I like that analogy. I never thought of of it as such, but your comment makes sense. Thanks for that insig
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Win 10 Updates - Breaking Audio Drivers by Matt Finley @ Today at 09:09 AM

That's self-help FAQ #1. Good one, John.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by Al-David @ Today at 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: edshawVery nice tracks. I'm going to have to agree with Floyd that the vocals are not too much up front. To the contrary, the tendency with Biab is to let the backing track run unmodulated, which is not so good. The BB onboard mixer and DAW multi track volume controls help. When you are playing live, and it is time for the vocalist to shine, do you not instinctively butt out? Isn't that really the mark of an amateur to just hog along, stepping on the soloists lines? No,
Off-Topic
I've got One Man Band (have had it for many years across several upgrades). It generally works and is designed to be used with Yamaha styles (for which there are thousands available - don't know about the more recent Yamaha offerings though). It is strictly MIDI and the interface is not as intuitive as BIAB (or Jammer Pro for that matter), but it does work and lets you play the various parts of the Yamaha style to generate songs. As I remember, you can export to MIDI, which you could then bri
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Alan David Cover_First to Say Goodbye by tommyad @ Today at 09:06 AM

Now that's a great cover! Very expressive vocal. A really good write. Well done both of you, Tom
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The 'One Man Band' accompaniment application by Icelander @ Today at 09:01 AM

I'm loving the extra effort of added links in your feedbacks, this is brilliant!
Jump to new posts Re: Wizard playalong feature not working by Matt Finley @ Today at 08:54 AM

OK, I see your point, but here is what I recall this QWERTY Wizard function was for when it was introduced many years ago. There were two main purposes: One was to be able to noodle around and play along with the song, and there would be no 'wrong' notes. It was really just for fun. Another more serious idea was to enter difficult rhythms. You could record rhythms without caring about the pitches. Then you could go back and drag the pitch of each note up or down as appropriate. There are
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: My Sweet Bunny by jannesan @ Today at 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooperHa! You had me with the title of this one. So sweet and I just knew I was going to enjoy it from the intro. Cute. Thanks Joanne, I appreciate your cute comment, I'm glad you enjoyed my song Janne
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Thief In The Night by Al-David @ Today at 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob4580Great lyric vocal and production. Good work Al. Rob. Hi Rob, Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the very kind words! Merry Christmas. Alan
Page 2 of 60 < 1 2 3 4 ... 59 60 >
PG Music News
RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)! Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qDFYZMjrzAI

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until December 31st!

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 4 - Available for both Windows and Mac!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 4 with over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles! These new RealStyles will work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition.

To add to the excitement of this release, we're putting all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned with Band-in-a-Box® 2018, and is now built in to the program! Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app that was not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but now the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit Window!

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 2 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can download a small (free) patch update for their purchase!

Summary of patch update:
Access violation if clicking on Guitar Window or Big Piano when there isn't any notation window currently open.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_2

Forum Stats
26696 Members
50 Forums
48817 Topics
398957 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Phil Taylor, Poppins, Mannnolo, sebz77, KGU 2

26697 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 369