Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
I Remember that Day, original busking tune updated DonnyGee 03/24/24 05:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I remember that Day Ok Here is updated third cut, I tried to get the mix down. I am getting comfortable with it. Sorry for the confusion. Mia Copa. Please comment. Hello, I am on a two-day break from live busking, so I am writing new material. The tune is fresh and new with more work to complete, but the skeleton is there. I also added in some parallel chords into the guitar solo, which I will get better at. Your comments are gold, thank you. ****** Song Summary ************* Title: I remember that Day File:I Remember that Day.SGU Key=C , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=2:48 Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0, Style is _LUSTER.STY (Luster Smooth Pop Jazz) RealTracks in style: 4656:Bass, Electric, PopPumpingSync Ev 120 RealTracks in style: 4315:Piano, Electric, Rhythm LAJazzyPopLite Ev 118 RealTracks in style: 4182:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LAPopJazzLiteDreamy Ev 118 RealTracks in style: 4183:Guitar, Electric, Background LAPopJazzLiteSimpleLicks Ev 118 RealDrums in style:LaPopJazzLiteEv8^3-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Toms, Ride *******************
Replies 7 Views 153 Read More
Re: Tattooed floyd jane 03/24/24 05:09 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by animarorecords
floyd, It's a great song that is a perfect blend of country and jazz fusion. And your vocals express this song exquisitely. They capture the listener's hearts. I can really feel the happy atmosphere. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Shigeki Adachi - thanks for the nice comments....
Originally Posted by firesong
Floyd...I do not know how much time you spend choosing and arranging the real tracks you use but man do you know how to use BiaB! this is such a beautiful song and gorgeous arrangement...nothing in it is over done or missing...an intimate and personal lyric that any wife would love to hear...well done and well sung!
Thanks, Dan. I actually enjoy walking through a range of instruments (RTs) to find things that work for the song. And it has gotten to the point that the choices in BIAB are extensive....almost always something to create what you are looking for...
Replies 40 Views 1,186 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar MarioD 03/24/24 04:09 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted by MarioD
Originally Posted by dRoNe13
I don't have Real Band, but yes, you're correct Biab does have a Punch-in option. Thank's, I'll give it a go
Windows versions of BIAB have RealBand included. Certainly you 2022 version does. You may have skipped installing it. You can go to the Install page to download and install if you bypassed it in the initial install.
When he posted that I assumed he had the Mac version. So dRoNe13 what version do you have? Mac or Windows?
Good morning Mario. His initial post lists "Windows 10\ Biab 2022, build 927"
Good morning Charlie, You are right. I totally missed that. Sometimes I am blind as a bat. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused. Thanx for setting me straight!
Replies 14 Views 186 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar Charlie Fogle 03/24/24 03:47 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
I don't have Real Band, but yes, you're correct Biab does have a Punch-in option. Thank's, I'll give it a go
Windows versions of BIAB have RealBand included. Certainly you 2022 version does. You may have skipped installing it. You can go to the Install page to download and install if you bypassed it in the initial install.
When he posted that I assumed he had the Mac version. So dRoNe13 what version do you have? Mac or Windows?
Good morning Mario. His initial post lists "Windows 10\ Biab 2022, build 927"
Re: Free Kontakt Player Instruments Paj 03/24/24 03:44 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Here's a Kontakt Player freebie from Audiobro and as they say: "SILVER is a 'living library' and we will be updating with more instruments and samples as time goes by." https://audiobro.com/SILVER/ Paj 8^)
Replies 53 Views 9,057 Read More
Re: MY WISHES FOR RB. justanoldmuso 03/24/24 03:13 PM Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
mcity. i dont care which ...biab tracks view ...or...rb tracks view..lol i just want to use ONE APP to create a song in. ie ONE WORK VIEW ...like lots of people im tired of flitting between several apps. oops a little robin in my garden just told me he is tired of flitting around town so he chose us...lol unfortunately much as i enjoyed big R for years i only use it now for editing. your right though if rb had been more aggressively developed years back it would now enjoy the huge world fan base that big R has built. i only need big R v2 for the clip / nd editing. in summary...i'm like that robin flitting around town just wanting to find one place to call home...lol ps what i do often is a trick to cut down loads of wav files.... i do most things in bb then mix beds to stereo. then import the stereo bed mix into rb...then add my vocs and other doodads...and finish off the song in rb. its not ideal but it works for me re reducing tons of wav files. the bluegrass song in my sig used this method etc. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 11 Views 326 Read More
Re: I'LL TAKE THE DOG David Snyder 03/24/24 03:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Elliott, Great title, hook and concept! Nice! If we were sitting around a table jawing, I could probably make some suggestions, or run a few things up the flagpole, so feel free to p.m. me. But this could be commercial, man. smile
Replies 20 Views 381 Read More
Re: Can music without lyrics make you laugh MarioD 03/24/24 03:00 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
There is a lot of music that makes us laugh ... but that was not its original intent. 🤪 J&B
You are so right!
Replies 8 Views 147 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar MarioD 03/24/24 02:59 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Re: We Were Alive Derochette 03/24/24 02:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi BabuMusic The lyrics are well written. The combination of vocals and guitar solo well done. Nice melody It's pleasant and I enjoyed it
Replies 21 Views 386 Read More
Re: MOONLIGHT SONATA_David Snyder Classical Guitar David Snyder 03/24/24 02:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks David Cuny! As usual, you are funny and wry. You old David Cuny, you. But seriously, thanks for the listen and the kind words. I appreciate it man. smile
Replies 21 Views 466 Read More
Re: Can music without lyrics make you laugh Janice & Bud 03/24/24 02:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
There is a lot of music that makes us laugh ... but that was not its original intent. 🤪 J&B
Replies 8 Views 147 Read More
Re: So Brittle Blue Planet Derochette 03/24/24 02:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi BabuMusic, Your comment really makes me happy. I had always said that I would make a video on this composition. It took me a while to create the special effects and I am rewarded by your comment. Thank you so much
Replies 20 Views 303 Read More
Re: Cold Plate (Feat. PeterF on guitar) Derochette 03/24/24 02:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Janice & Bud and Peter, The song is pleasant and the mix impeccable as usual. The Synchronization of Janice's Voice With the Guitar Solo is Well Done. I appreciated
Replies 54 Views 1,698 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar Charlie Fogle 03/24/24 02:38 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Re: So Brittle Blue Planet Derochette 03/24/24 02:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Janice & Bud, I thank you very much for your appreciation of this video which took me a lot of time to create special effects.
Replies 20 Views 303 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar Charlie Fogle 03/24/24 02:32 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You've asked this in the Beginners Forum and have been a registered user for about six months, so I agree Bob has given the preferred answer for your problem. Bob's not sure about recording in BIAB, but I am. You can record in BIAB. You can 'punch in' in BIAB. You can overdub in BIAB. However, there are obstacles to recording audio in BIAB that as a beginner or previous DAW user you'll face: * You can't 'see' the audio. There's no WAV form until the recording stops. There are VU meters showing recording and the recording levels. * Punch in or overdub, the song begins at the start and plays through the punch in or overdub section with no visual indication the program is recording. * Overdubs are 'mixed' automatically by BIAB. * Some users find it difficult to set up BIAB for audio or midi recording. << The problem I have is that when recording from a bar anywhere other than the beginning, there is no metronome present. The recording starts straight away with no count-in, which makes things rather difficult. Is there a way to have the metronome play before any bar? >> There are multiple ways to have the metronome play before any bar in BIAB. If your song has drums on the Drums Track, that should keep you in time. My preference is to Solo the instrument being punched in, and also solo the drums or metronome. It's easy to make a click track for your song. Save your current project. Be sure any edited tracks are frozen. Open a New project From the StylePicker, search and select one of the Utility Style Metronome Styles. Set the tempo of the metronome to match your project song tempo Render the Metronome Click Track and save as an audio file to your desktop Close the Metronome project Open your current project Import the click track you saved onto an empty Mixer Track using the default load options including the Chorus, Bar, Beat, Ticks box 1,-1,1,1 To test if the click is synced, I solo the bass and click and then add the drums a few bars in. (Right clicking the Solo Button in the Mixer to have multiple tracks solo'd) That said, the above advice is best only for beginners and DAW enthusiasts. Understand this advice is an absolute obstacle to learning and using almost all of BIAB's advance features in creating complex, advanced audio and midi tracks that can match any arrangement one can create manually in a DAW using basic BIAB generated Tracks. Audition the Songs with Vocals demos and note they are all finalized as BIAB songs, Never as a RealBand SEQ file, not Pro-tools, Studio One, Reaper, Sonar, Ableton, Logic Pro, GarageBand, Cakewalk or any DAW. When BIAB files are exported as audio, 100% of BIAB features are lost. RealBand and the DAW Plug-in have limited BIAB features but most of the advanced features don't carry over. Every other DAW contains ZERO BIAB features.
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar dRoNe13 03/24/24 02:32 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's ok, I found out the fourth box is for 'Tick' Thanks again👍
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar dRoNe13 03/24/24 01:52 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
In the Punch-In Record box, there are 4 boxes. Am I right in thinking these boxes are for Chorus, Bar, and Beat, ??, but what is the fourth box for, any ideas?
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar dRoNe13 03/24/24 01:32 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Re: Epstein-Barr Bass Thumper 03/24/24 12:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
What a creative mind you have! There is never a dull moment in this piece. The changes are smooth and logical and keep it moving forward. Love the driving bass line. One of the best instrumentals I've heard.
Hey Storm, really appreciate the kind words. I think Mr. Spock would say "logical" is probably the kindest and I admire Spock smile As a "pup" I'm just trying to run with the "big dogs" here, and often failing. Anyway, glad you liked it.
Replies 33 Views 696 Read More
Re: Melodic Devices Bass Thumper 03/24/24 12:17 PM Forum: Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
Bobby McFerrin does a brilliant demonstration: The Power of the Pentatonic
Yep, this guy does do a brilliant job of revealing an otherwise hidden human trait. Someone here shared this video last year (maybe you) and everytime I watch it I break out laughing. Maybe because humor needs an element of truth and with all the divisions we humans find ourselves in it's refreshing to see that we are all the same at fundamental levels . . . music being one. I was in a Walmart the other day and Girls Just want to have Fun by Cyni Lauper was playing on Walmart Radio, and so I joined the band by whistling to the melody. A woman looked at me and said "Wow, you're good at that!" I said, "Well I happen to be an amatuer musician and I like music, but everybody has music in them." She said "Not me, but I like to dance." So I said, OK, care to demonstrate." She just looked at me and said "I don't think so" smile
Replies 6 Views 145 Read More
Re: LOVE WITHOUT PAROLE: David Snyder David Snyder 03/24/24 12:00 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Marty, Thank you so much! I really appreciate that my friend! You always have such heartwarming things to say! smile
Replies 41 Views 1,134 Read More
Re: Got Too Close Tonight DC Ron 03/24/24 11:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
Excellent song. Loved the kick. Right in the chest. Excellent groove, vocal and lyric. Well done
Scott, glad you liked it, THANKS for the listen!
Replies 38 Views 725 Read More
Re: Something wrong, kind of Blues BlueAttitude 03/24/24 11:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good song, Hans! You are a top notch songwriter in my book. Love the feel and the vocal. Enjoyed!
Replies 27 Views 779 Read More
Page 21 of 32 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 31 32
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199