Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Leonid & Friends (lots of them) deliver this Earth, Wind and Fire classic AudioTrack 04/13/24 01:03 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Noel. Yes, it is challenging to find too much wrong (anything at all, really) - and on the other hand 'so much right' about this outstanding production. I'm still trying to get my head around the enormous effort that must have gone into transcribing the original Earth, Wind and Fire arrangements, and to write the parts for so many performers, let along deliver this sensational performance. True genius, that Leonid guy, and his Friends Thanks for listening, Trev
Replies 6 Views 242 Read More
Re: The False Prophet firesong 04/13/24 01:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Scott...powerful write and delivery...there is a particular edge in both the music and the lyric that is foreboding...I always like your vocals...about the theme I would just quote a friend of mine..."Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."
Replies 34 Views 617 Read More
Re: Using BIAB backing tracks live-----please help DHD 04/13/24 12:52 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sorry.. Made my comment in the previous post,
Replies 40 Views 48,376 Read More
Re: At the Fair Janice & Bud 04/13/24 12:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray said, "You've the jaunty/jerky Ferris-wheel music machine sound down well." Yes! Every aspect of the production including the great vocals contributed most excellently to that vibe. There is enough fine imagery in the write for several songs. Well done. County fair memories galore ... from the rides to the food and on to more. Love the subtlety of some of the references. Excellent! J&B
Replies 28 Views 445 Read More
Re: Using BIAB backing tracks live-----please help DHD 04/13/24 12:42 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Roger Mattingly
The Dawn 510 speaker system I mentioned in my post was at least partly engineered here in Wichita KS and later sold and is now largely extinct. I have two sets I bought on ebay and put in all new speakers. This unit has a sound dispersion that is fantastic. It has a down shooting woofer with a crossover out to two satellite 5 inch speakers that face up and have dispersion surfaces that nearly equal the Bose L-1. Placed behind the singers there is very little problem with feed back, and you don't need any monitor speakers because the singers and players hear the same thing as the audience. It sounds silly, but I have used this thing in a gymnasium with over 200 people and did not even come close to max power, and there was no distortion. And I have had audience as close as 5-6 feet to the satellites in small venues with not any complaints about volume, even those 30-50 feet away. This system was way ahead of it's time and did not catch on because in the early '70's it was all about big everything. The whole thing including my amp/mixer weigh about 50 pounds, which is nice for an old guy like me.
I realize this is an old thread. I really can't contribute much to this conversion. I don't do gigs, but build drum and bass guitar backing tracks with BIAB for my own entertainment. I have a Dawn MI510 speaker system and was glad to see another BIAB user also has a Dawn 510 speaker system. It's a great little unit.
Replies 40 Views 48,376 Read More
Re: Lost Izzy 04/13/24 12:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Deb. What a delightful piece of music. I could feel the joy of your performance which made me happy. Thank you for brightening my day. Your song title is "Lost" but to me you are "Found" !
Replies 7 Views 153 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Janice & Bud 04/13/24 12:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Ray and Janice and Bud. This is great listening. I loved the journey. Janice, you have an amazing ability to own whatever genre you sing. You always sound 100% comfortable and fully committed to the lyrics, and you always take the listener on a wonderful musical ride. I greatly envy your ability. Bud's work with your vocals is seamless. The two of you together are truly a powerful musical duo. Ray, just like everything you do, the song, its arrangement and production, and its presentation are outstanding. You've got my standing ovation! All the very best, --Noel
Noel, it is great to hear from you and we much appreciate your generous comments on both the vocal and vocal production. Thank you! J&B
Replies 44 Views 1,049 Read More
Re: Everything You Do Is Wrong Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:42 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave's guitar. Marty's clever lyrics. Everything is done right. Very convincing vocal. One of your best.
Replies 26 Views 528 Read More
Re: At the Fair Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:33 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ha! Bringing back the memories for sure. The midi works well. Clever instrumentation.
Re: Sophia Loves V3 Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:27 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool driving bass line. The sax solo is my favorite.
Replies 29 Views 591 Read More
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) Cerio 04/13/24 11:24 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sorry to say it (again), but as much as I love technology, I find, and will always find THIS technology really, deeply sad.
Replies 35 Views 945 Read More
Re: Lost DC Ron 04/13/24 11:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Deb, welcome back! That IS a happy little blues, and I like that you had a musical theme to develop and just put it out there. The band sounds about right for this style. Your Starfire has a really nice clean tone, and I like the little bit of delay you added. Fun track!
Re: The False Prophet Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
rich babies still throw tantrums when they "grow" up.
Ain't it the truth! Thanks, Marty.
Re: The False Prophet Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:18 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Scott, This is a great song and sound. I hear shades of Bowie in your vocal, which sounds awesome. Your songs always make a strong impression. So well done. Bob
Bob, thank you for your kind words.
Re: The False Prophet Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:17 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jannesan
Yes, straight message, history is full of these people, in politics and religions, calling themselves orthodox, but they just want your praise, money and often life also. Without a large herd of blind followers who "march into line", they would fade away. Strong rock band, I like how the acoustic and electric guitars create a nice contrast. Great mix, the drums sound especially nice. I enjoyed your vocal and harmonies. Janne
Janne, I appreciate your comments.
Re: The False Prophet Ezekiel's Storm 04/13/24 11:16 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Definitely a relevant topic in today's world.
Thanks, Dewey,
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) musiclover 04/13/24 10:24 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chad, I enjoyed listening to the first two songs, will have a listen to the rest later. As Dcuny says could easily pass for well done pop music, and adds "I think people who think these programs are "creative" fail to realize the massive amount of data that is used to train these programs" I suppose in a sense songwriters are trained by listening to the songs that have gone before, so in a sense no big deal in that regard. The copyright issue is a big thing though I agree. I think what it will boil down to eventually is the general public will not care one iota, if its a good song, whether AI wrote it or a songwriter, and neither would I. To be honest I just love this Technology, and I think the traditional way of putting a song together can happily co-exist with the AI way. Anyway though biab is not AI (though at times it may seem it is employing some sort of basic AI) I think we shouldn't be complaining as users of biab that modern AI is going beyond our comfort zone.
Replies 35 Views 945 Read More
Re: Lost Birchwood 04/13/24 10:01 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Deb, What an entrance! Away for a long time from the forum and then a -happy- return with a short song Welcome back! In your short song some very nice things happened. Your recording was very clear and pleasant to listen to. You also wrote 'no melody' and I misunderstood that. I said to myself, "no melody? Then what do I call this sweet melody"? But you meant you didn't used that track in BiaB... My only wish is that the solo would be played a little more fluidly, if possible. Have a nice day
Re: "Floating Piano" - (instrumental) camog 04/13/24 09:46 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks BDT - glad you liked the relaxing mood!! Best, C
Replies 12 Views 290 Read More
Black White Yellow (with video) Chris37 04/13/24 09:44 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi all, Here's a version of this song with 3 voices (Asterian, Kevin and Solaria). The video has been realized by my brother.
Black White Yellow Like a little rainbow Black White Yellow The sweetest flag I know Black White Yellow Like a crow in the snow Black White Yellow Waiting for the sun show Black White Yellow Let’s deflate our ego Black White Yellow From Dakar to Glasgow Black White Yellow Let’s dream of this trio Black White Yellow From Boston to Tokyo Voices: Synthesizer v RD KlezmerHora34 RT 3042 Acoustic Bass RT 4032 Acoustic Guitar RD 2328 Shakuhachi RT 3195 Solo Acoustic Guitar RT 2327 Koto Congas
Replies 6 Views 124 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away Birchwood 04/13/24 09:35 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Laurent, What else can I say than everyone else wrote before me? A very beautiful song, very sensitive lyrics, good rhythm, excellent solo and good singing. But I had a wish about how the phrase "nothing remains" is sung and I would like it to be sung ;-) The vocals go down every time on 'remain', where I would like them to go up and bring in a little more emotion there. But I know, it's a matter of taste... I enjoyed it much, Hans
Replies 28 Views 549 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away laurent4114 04/13/24 09:08 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Even though it's not my favorite genre, I enjoyed listening to it because you supported the message of the song very well with your arrangement and vocals and everything else. It is consistent in itself (hope this phrase makes sense in English). Well done.
Thank you B.D.Thomas for the comments. I designed the lyrics based on what the music evoked in me. Laurent
Replies 28 Views 549 Read More
Re: I walk on the stars laurent4114 04/13/24 09:04 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Hi, Laurent. I saw the notification for this one on YT, but had to wait until now where I can sit back and enjoy it, which I was sure I would. Man, I know me. Very good write and production and outstanding use of the synth voices. Excellent harmony. Man, that guitar is outstanding. It closes my eyes and carries me along stretching and turning with a constant smile of enjoyment. So well done. Really good stuff, Laurent.
Thank you Marty for your always positive and encouraging comments. Laurent
Originally Posted by Alexander Paul
Love the space sounds, the electric guitar solo and vocals!
Thank you Alexander Paul for these comments. Laurent
Replies 19 Views 319 Read More
Re: At the Fair Birchwood 04/13/24 08:52 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ron, What a funny, but also intriguing melody. And what a nice way of singing, in 'broken' lines I would describe it. You made good use of those midi instruments. I never really liked a Tuba, or Bassoon in a song, but after your performance I might... They worked out very good. Enjoyed it much! Hans
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie Birchwood 04/13/24 08:42 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Izzy, Thanks for the insight into you. Of course I knew you wouldn't accept that challenge, but it's still a shame. And in your post I think you needed to let off some steam ( a Dutch way of saying). But I doubt your way of telling people how to improve their creativity is effective: C’est le ton qui fait la musique! (Look it up). And when your song comes out, I will listen and watch it, if there is a video included, with open mind. I always do that. So, don't be afraid of that. We can learn from each other if we want to. Bye, Hans
Originally Posted by Izzy
Hello Hans "If you think I, and Marty are offenders of 'good' taste," [/i] I didn't say that Hans. "why don't you feel challenged to provide my song with a video as you envision it?"[i] IOW, Put up or SFU. I get it Hans. I would probably say the same thing to a smug, pompous Newbie upstart. "I invite you to show how to create the videos you have in mind."[/i] Well Hans, I no longer bother doing videos for myself yet alone anyone else. "Let me know if you accept that challenge!"[i] Geez Hans calm down. Take a few deep breaths and if you are so inclined read on.................. My personel view about matching images to lyrics is that they detract from my own personal interperatation of what the lyrics say to me (the listener). Quality lyrics often tend to be somewhat metaphorical which allows the listener to "own" the song which results in a far more personal and satisfying experience . Likewise successful music videos tend to follow the same ambiguous format which allows the viewer to discover their own personal relevence to the product. Most people do not want to be spoonfed with silly pictures. A music video on YouTube with a simple single, nice and relevent picture with scrolling lyrics will often result in just as many views (if not more) than many a video which obviously took much time and effort to make. Finally: "I don't mind critics at all. That's why we have this forum."[i][/i] It is always a fine balancing act not to cause offence but I have seen many forums slide into a "mutual admiration society" and wither on the vine. Polite constructive criticism is the lifeblood and intelectual stimulus of a healthy forum IMO. My favourite Idiom is "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor" You will all have a chance to get your revenge when I post my first song.
Replies 26 Views 630 Read More
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,752
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191