Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Black & Blue BlueAttitude 03/22/24 02:17 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeah! Great groove on this one. Excellent trumpet, and your vocal is fabulous, great tone and vibrato. Good one, Nigel!
Replies 18 Views 236 Read More
Re: Bad Dreams Bad Luck Elliott Kayne 03/22/24 02:17 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Awesome LIVE sound, like it was recorded in a Daytona Dive Bar during Bike Week. Fits the style of lyrics perfectly. NICE
Replies 43 Views 902 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental Elliott Kayne 03/22/24 02:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wow beautiful relaxing music. Sounds like a pro level recording, mixed perfectly. Your guitar has a smooth touch, and style.
Replies 18 Views 350 Read More
Re: MOONLIGHT SONATA_David Snyder Classical Guitar, BlueAttitude 03/22/24 02:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have the utmost respect for classical guitarists. Nicely done, David, both the playing and the arrangement!
Replies 21 Views 359 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental Bass Thumper 03/22/24 02:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I love this man, definately chilled. I hear a Peter White influence. How did you produce the strings? Great job.
Re: MOONLIGHT SONATA_David Snyder Classical Guitar Elliott Kayne 03/22/24 02:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thats wonderful David. I once used this piece as an audition for a Broadway production ... I didnt get the part, but I learned the music. Difficult and beautiful ... I doubt that I can play it as well as you at this age. Nicely done.
Re: BIAB asking for registration months after using BIAB - again! (3rd time) Chantelle - PG Music 03/22/24 02:12 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Registration and Activation are two different processes. If you purchase directly on our website, then yes the product is automatically registered to your online account. If it is not showing in your account, this means there is a different email address entered on your order from the email you use to login to your account, or there is a typo in the email somewhere. If you need to contact us during our closed hours, you can email sales@pgmusic.com and we can look into fixing this for you. In the mean time, your serial number would have been emailed to you in your order confirmation. If you had misplaced this email, we can also look into re-sending it to you. If you had purchased through a reseller company, then they should have provided your the serial number in an email or invoice. Activation is done inside of Band-in-a-Box, under the Help menu. This video also shows the steps for activation:
Replies 1 Views 109 Read More
Re: MOONLIGHT SONATA_David Snyder Classical Guitar, Dewey_MI 03/22/24 02:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Awesome job, David! Great attention to detail throughout. This does sound like a hand-cramper with all the movement. Dewey
How to regenerate like the demo? danhargrave 03/22/24 02:08 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
_ROUSING demo starts with a double-stop on the fiddle. That's what I want. I load the demo and play it and no double stop at the beginning. I regenerate the part many times (14+) and I can't get the double-stop to come up at the start. Finally I let it play thru and on the third time thru the chorus it plays the double-stop at the beginning of the chorus. How to I force that double-stop at the beginning of the song?
Replies 5 Views 141 Read More
Re: Saying goodbye to old gear Notes Norton 03/22/24 01:40 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by eddie1261
Originally Posted by Notes Norton
Mrs. Notes is female and six years younger, so odds are, it'll be her problem.
Well, the "female" part of that was kind of implicit, but thanks for pointing it anyway. If she is six years younger than you, she looks great for 91!
Perhaps it is time you sell your gear, Eddie. You seem to be slipping. I'll explain: I pointed out female because females live longer than men do. You remember females, don't you? wink Add to the fact that she's 6 years younger, the odds are she will be around longer than me, and I'll have someone to care for me. Got it? I told her the last person standing can sell the house, and it'll pay for their needed care. BTW, I look great for 91 too, and I hope we both look this good when we get there. Also, if you are selling a nice tenor sax, let me know. I might be in the market. Notes ♫
Replies 15 Views 474 Read More
Re: MOONLIGHT SONATA_David Snyder Classical Guitar, David Snyder 03/22/24 01:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Thanks Torrey! I really appreciate those kind words! So glad you liked it! Classical rules! smile
Re: Happy birthday Al-David MarioD 03/22/24 01:19 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Happy Birthday! Have a great day and enjoy today and every day after.
Replies 4 Views 77 Read More
Re: Happy birthday Al-David Charlie Fogle 03/22/24 01:14 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Happy Birthday Mr. Al. Enjoy your day.
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB stratos 03/22/24 12:53 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Jeff The very latest version. I have solved it yesterday. I copy from BB thread (to Noel): ...... I went to Microsoft web page and downloaded" DXwebsetup". I then tried to put the DXplug64. exe into the RB library and renamed the oldest so they couldnt get called. At first it didnt help, but after lot of reload of BB and RB it suddenly worked again. I felt I had just solved it by doing things I dont even where aware of.
Replies 8 Views 235 Read More
Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? stratos 03/22/24 12:48 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Noel Thanks for the very fine input. Yesterday before I read your post, I went to Microsoft web page and downloaded" DXwebsetup". I then tried to put the DXplug64. exe into the RB library and renamed the oldest so they couldnt get called. At first it didnt help, but after lot of reload of BB and RB it suddenly worked again. I felt I had just solved it by doing things I dont even where aware of.
Replies 5 Views 175 Read More
"Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental camog 03/22/24 12:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Original tune - I played everything this time (hope that's ok), only a beginner at drum programming so kept it in the background: https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/quiet-nights-in Carl
Re: Bad Dreams Bad Luck tommyad 03/22/24 12:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Tom, Cool, Swampy Blues. Awesome guitar work. Good write. Well sung. Solid mix. Great Listening. fj
Thanks for the great review.
Originally Posted by firesong
Tommy...you sure put the blue in the blues with this one...ditto everything that's been said so far...I sure you hope you make your living doing this stuff cause it is pro all the way!
Dan, thank you for your kind words. I used to make a living playing live but I stopped a few years ago.
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Tommy. You're of the people on this forum who never disappoint - this is ridiculously good. Blues, slide guitar, and a killer production. So good. smile
David, I sure am glad you liked this one.
Replies 43 Views 902 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator swingbabymix 03/22/24 12:04 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DJ Jazzy Jimbob
I don't know how ethical it is, but it's so mutated by the time I put it on YouTube; who knows? It's new territory.
It's new territory.
Replies 17 Views 2,168 Read More
Re: do you know suno.ai ? swingbabymix 03/22/24 11:57 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
ok I will read.
Replies 2 Views 133 Read More
Re: Black & Blue laurent4114 03/22/24 11:35 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A beautiful tribute. Very well sung. great trumpet. Laurent
Replies 18 Views 236 Read More
Re: Sweet Home Normandy laurent4114 03/22/24 11:18 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Nice song, even if the lyrics are a bit hard to understand in places. Your song is different, but quite entertaining. Enjoyed the listen. Mooo smile
Thank you B.D.Thomas for the comments. The lyrics are probably difficult to understand in certain places because my English is not very good and because the English singing software (synthesizer V) also modifies the pronunciation Laurent
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Well done in all aspects. The imagery of the video well supports the lyric and vibe. Great track choice and the mix sounds very good on our monitors. The mix is very open which we like and that is not easy to do with that many tracks. Nice vocal also. Enjoyed it! J&B
Thank you Janice and Bud for your comments. As I told David, I used the V synthesizer for the voice because it's better than mine but that requires making lyrics in English and that's not always easy. Laurent
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Laurent. Ha! Funny write, although I didn't get all the references. Nicely done, I enjoyed listening. smile
Hello David. I had not deliberately included the origin of the voice to see if the listeners would recognize it. Knowing that you have been working on the subject for a long time, I suspected that you would recognize the synthesizer V and Hayden's voice. For a French person it's not always easy but there is room for improvement. laurent
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Imaginative lyrics for a "travelers" song. The chorus melody is really catchy and is repeating in my head. I like the sound you got from the band you put together.
Thank you Ezekiel'Storm for the comments. I had fun with the lyrics by imagining improbable situations. Laurent
Replies 25 Views 530 Read More
Re: Creating music using synth keyboard Gordon Scott 03/22/24 11:08 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by saxgentleman67
Yes, I want to record my playing on the keyboard, into BIAB, but using RealTracks for the sound. So in other words, playing the bass part, keyboard part, guitar part, etc....but using the keyboard as the device and RT's as the sounds.
OK, I think I understand what you want to do. The main strength of BIAB is in creating good backing for your songs, not so much in handling what you record yourself. RealTracks are constructed by BIAB from the chord symbols, not from the MIDI notes you play. You can enter the chords for the symbols from the keyboard (2024 manual p87), but not the individual notes ... that isn't 100% true because there are the "playable RealTracks, but they're really designed for small adjustments, which are actually achieved by BIAB switching from a RealTrack to the sforzando synth for just those notes, then switching back. You can also enter the notes, but they will then be MIDI, not RT. I hope that makes sense. If you want BIAB to play the notes you entered, then you pretty much have to use the MIDI to drive a sound synth. BIAB's default synth (CoyoteWT) is very basic and there are much better synths available, either as VSTs or as external hardware. I tend to use VSTSynthFont64, which is supplied with BIAB but tucked away in the folders. The manual tells how to use it. There are several good free sound fonts around. I tend to use Compifont or Timbres of Heaven. They don't sound as good as RealTracks, but they're not so far behind. External sound engines can be good but have a cost, of course. I have Ketron SD1000 and the built-in GM sounds on my digital piano. For the most realistic sounds from MIDI, one needs something like Kontakt and sometimes quite a lot of manipulation. For all these, other products and freebies are available. If you plan to play all or most of the parts yourself, then RealBand or a DAW may be a more convenient match. You can use the BIAB VST in a DAW, so can still get auto-generated backing when you want it.
Replies 8 Views 221 Read More
Re: HOPE BEYOND THE GRAVE Torrey Bliss 03/22/24 10:28 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rayc
A fabulous construction..a band that responds to the narrative and feel, a superb voice & ouch that lead - short n sweet. You're an exemplar Torrey.
Thanks Ray! That solo was just a spur of the moment thing that just flowed naturally! TB
Replies 33 Views 753 Read More
Happy birthday Al-David AudioTrack 03/22/24 10:26 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hope you have many more celebrations.
Re: do you know suno.ai ? AudioTrack 03/22/24 10:22 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, we've been discussing it in the off-Topic forums for a couple of weeks now. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=803083#Post803083
Replies 2 Views 133 Read More
Page 28 of 31 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195