Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Hello and a couple questions Matt Finley 04/21/24 10:18 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I downloaded your song from Dropbox but it does not resemble what you first posted. The downloaded song, Marianne, is in Bbm (five flats in the key signature) and does not have the chords you showed. The style is Old Time Bluegrass. Different song?
Replies 11 Views 225 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Janice & Bud 04/21/24 10:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
This is really good. Very different groove and tempo. Janice's vocal was perfect for the song. The song really grew on me as it went along. Really well done..
Thank you Scott! Janice
Replies 48 Views 1,091 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? firesong 04/21/24 09:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
The lead and harmony vocals well represent the quick progress you are making with this technology. The whole thought of programming that and creating all the nuances makes our heads spin! smile The acoustic sounds excellent as does the entire mix. The helds are very nice. Well done! J&B
J&B...thanks...it's time consuming for sure but fun so far...Dan
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Very nice Dan! Great Praise and Worship tune! smile
Thanks David...I appreciate it...Dan
Replies 15 Views 303 Read More
Re: What is a Chorus? Gordon Scott 04/21/24 08:47 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
Gordon. thats the reason i suggested a freeform special section names track under timeline like one long layer a muso types directly into. eg fab take five... ..drum intro 4 bars ..piano 4 bars ..sax 8 bars ..sax freeform scat xx bars.. ..piano scat xx bars ..staccato piano xx bars ..drum solo xx bars ..return to sax theme xx bars... etc etc just an idea for a freeform adaptable special track that caters to all music genres and needs. happiness. om ps.. im watching an old you tube black n white extended version vid of t5...
I'm perfectly happy with your suggestion and method of doing things, but it doesn't cover the common jazz setup of intro, x-times through the chorus/body, outro, which is what the "choruses x N" covers. Jazz people really rather want that x N.
Replies 16 Views 682 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder Birchwood 04/21/24 08:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David, Ha, the old David is back! This is you, man! I don't mean the 5 minutes to make this song, but the way you performed in it. I like that! And what's so funny; I read Marty wrote his favorite line. Well it is mine to. what a creative idea to come up with that sentence! It's great and cool at the same time! Hans
Replies 16 Views 169 Read More
Re: Square Peg MarioD 04/21/24 08:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Izzy, I am not an expert on this genre but I really liked this song. Super vocal and lyrics! Loved the dynamics! I would consider this a winner. Great work.
Replies 10 Views 199 Read More
Re: My tango for Django MarioD 04/21/24 08:17 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, you really captured the gypsy jazz artist perfectly. Django could do more with 2 fingers then most of us 4 fingered guitarist could. Great job on this song.
Replies 10 Views 83 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL Birchwood 04/21/24 08:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi George, A good old countrysong sung with a marvelous voice for that kind of songs. You have done great on it, love those vocals the most. But maybe because it's impossible for a Dutch person to imitate. Something about your song was intriguing: are you sure the bar isn't yours? It was the bar stool, the jukebox too, just like the friends... Good day, Hans
Replies 20 Views 329 Read More
Re: Just two chords and BiaB (and Reaper) is all you need MarioD 04/21/24 08:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yep, you have proved that you only need 2 chords to write a good song, and this is a good song! Adding G6 and D9 makes it a 4 chord song grin Regardless I really liked this one.
Replies 11 Views 125 Read More
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time MarioD 04/21/24 08:04 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Noel, a fantastic love song. Great vocal. Super lyrics. Great mix. I really enjoyed this song.
Replies 7 Views 75 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya MarioD 04/21/24 07:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nigel, this sounds like a live band in a local New Orleans' bar. Great vocal with very clever lyrics. Super mix.
Replies 8 Views 79 Read More
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie Birchwood 04/21/24 07:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ray, Vicarn and Firesong, It was very nice reading your posts about the song. Thanks for that. The topic is sad, but the making of it, was a nice process. Not only the vocals from Anne-Marie and me, but also the choice of instruments and builds of the song. After we mixed our vocals, AM came with a suggestion to make another 'break' like the one after the first chorus. She likes one after the solo, but I did it after her marvellous bg-vocals in the middle, for the last part of the song. I was happy she also liked that more. But now about you:
Originally Posted by rayc
The change of texture with the heavier guitars was welcome but very brief...a tease? Two voices that work well together...I'd have liked a little more of Anne-Marie. We're certainly constructed with a obsolescence integrated. Fab stuff.
Hi Ray, as I wrote, we added another break with the heavy guitar. If I had done more of that, the character of the song would be changed too much. In my opinion. And about the mixing of our vocals, or more AM, well... there was something why we didn't do that. But I was glad I asked her to remove all excisting BG's and do whatever she want on that. And that worked out perfectlly. I'm glad you agreed with that too. And I also agree with your last line. Though that doesn't mean you have to be happy with that.
Originally Posted by vicarn
Well done you two. I would bring Anne-Marie's voice up a little though and eq it to match your tone if you can. Vic
Hi Vic, I understand you liker her voice more than mine, but as I wrote to Ray, we had our reasons to do what we did. Maybe in another song... And my vocals are what they are. And I still like them, although they are getting older as well!
Originally Posted by firesong
Hans and Anne-Marie...very nice duet work here...certainly an interesting track...rock guitars and banjos...an interesting mix of instruments that compose a great band..."aging"...ahh...fun...well done Hans...I always adore Anne-Marie's voice...you can't go wrong there!
Hi firesong, thanks for your comment, but I feel something special in the words you choose, especially about aging. I can't put my finger on what exactly you mean, maybe you would name it differently? Tell me! Have a nice day and lots of inspiration, Hans
Replies 28 Views 670 Read More
Re: The Seacret of Country Songs' revealed MarioD 04/21/24 07:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A super collaboration. "Just three chords and story that is true" - brilliant. I really enjoyed this song.
Replies 4 Views 71 Read More
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? Paj 04/21/24 07:53 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have to +1 for PowerTracks and MIDI editing and manipulation. I don't use it as my primary DAW but it is my primary MIDI editor, ever since Cakewalk went off the rails. When I need more than the 48 tracks (Medleys, Orchestrals), I'll use it in conjunction with Reaper---but for GM and pop tracks, Power Tracks is still my MIDI guy. If I need to non-critical bulk renderings to MP3 or WAV, I use Switch Sound File Converter. Paj 8^)
Replies 17 Views 508 Read More
Re: Venus Walks Again (2024 remix) WaoBand 04/21/24 07:50 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Ooo, I caught this walk of hers a couple times now [it's good getting those YT notifications]. I really really enjoy your videos, and the music you put them to. Brilliinat packages. You make the change in time signatures seamless. Love it all, Chay.
It's such a shame that we're in different countries and not local to each other as I'd love jam with you and compose new songs. But I'm also frustrated living where I am in a way too small retirement flat - it's even freaking haunted, which is a pain! - with only plasterboard walls separating me from an older lady neighbour, which makes doing anything live impossible. I recently bought a new Fender acoustic as I thought it would get me back into playing again, but I've not played it since it arrived as just tuning it up and discovering that I'm really out of practice I had my neighbour and her forever guests scrambling to the walls to listen, which being so audible is a real put-off as it's a distraction. The only song with my vocals on YT is this, which not being BiaB I won't post as a main post, even though others do, so as you can't read the YT blurb from here this is an edit of how it came about: Back in 1969, aged 18, I wrote some songs for the second local band I was in as a drummer, one of which was a simple two-chorder called "Still On My Mind" which was about losing my first true love. Many years later in 1988 when playing it solo on acoustic guitar I felt it was too negatively self-indulgent and so I decided to reverse the theme and make it about my leaving a lady and then growing from it. For example "Still On My Mind" began with the lyrics, "You know you gave up all our hopes / But do you realise what you've done to me?", which I changed in the new 1988 version, retitled "Will Or My Mind", to "I know I gave up all your hopes / I didn't realise what I did to you", then I made similar changes throughout, plus I added new and positive 'chorus' lyrics. … / … [This is] an impromptu recording … which unrehearsed I played to test a new microphone. [Right at the end you can hear the whine of my previous PC's fans]. [video:youtube-small]
[/video]
Replies 6 Views 43 Read More
Re: Carefreeness MarioD 04/21/24 07:50 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, this is fantastic. Super synth vocal. Adding the music box was brilliant. Outstanding backing band. I really liked this one.
Replies 2 Views 24 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL MarioD 04/21/24 07:42 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
George, you have Western Swing down to a science! Loved it.
Replies 20 Views 329 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions AudioTrack 04/21/24 07:38 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Dave
try composer or composer 2 from the print option menu. It's always worked for me
I take that to mean to enter any specific text such as Capo setting in the 'Composer' or 'Composer2' edit boxes from the Notation Options.
Re: Hello and a couple questions Dave 04/21/24 07:31 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
try composer or composer 2 from the print option menu. It's always worked for me
Re: Square Peg Birchwood 04/21/24 07:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Izzy, Thanks for your reply, appologies and the Dutch words at the end! I am amazed those vocals are yours. Do you really have vocals close to male vocals, or did you do someting with the pich of them. But, they are good! I know hiphop is around for some time, but if I tell you I was fond of the BeeGees and their harmonies, you wont spend a word to me, I fear. I am curious what raw nerve I'd hit, but this forum won't be the place to discuss that. To tell you the truth; that topic is troubling me too, but probably for another reason... Back to your song again: you wrote it was basically just the percussion at 140 bpm or more, do a little singing and there is the song. But I don't see it that way; you have to make a logical composition based on a melody. Of course it can look easy, but I'm sure you've spend some time on this. I can give another quote in French or so, but I end this post with saying/hoping you will make more good songs and we can continue a better conversation. Oh, and I fear I keep making lyric based videos for a while. This was my 4th ever. And two were only with pictures. So, I have to keep learnig making them ;-) Hans
Replies 10 Views 199 Read More
Re: Venus Walks Again (2024 remix) WaoBand 04/21/24 07:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
[quote=DC Ron]Chay, this (still) sounds really nice! The time signature changes are very cool, and the lead instruments add a lot of energy over the serene (to me) backing track. Great job on the mix and getting all the players to play in their own space. Can tell you're really enjoying the exploration of this unique tune... [/quote Thanks DC! Yes, the rhythm section is serene throughout. It's really thanks to the brilliance of BiaB that the time signature changes work so well, and also that once I have a good chord structure there are so many ways to arrange things. Though that said, I've found over and over that getting a good solo to work really does depend on the chord structure foundation. I've 2 new instrumentals in which the rhythm sections are virtually identical, but they sound totally different to each other when very different instrument samples are used; then I have a 3rd new piece in which I love the rhythm section, but despite trying over 40 different solo instruments absolutely nothing made the grade. I was only able to make it work by editing parts of samples together so that I finally ended up with 3 solos which are dynamic and not mundane. It's amazing how many hours of work go into each instrumental, often a week of way more than 8 hours a day before completion. But it's a joy to be able to do it, which again is mega-thanks to BiaB as otherwise it would be impossible.]
Replies 6 Views 43 Read More
Re: ! Bass Thumper 04/21/24 06:40 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wayne, this is just all around great! You had me grabbed from the get go. The only improvement for me would be if you guys continued the jam in the outro. Great job.
Replies 16 Views 298 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions rsm 04/21/24 06:36 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks all for the replies! @ Matt, I have uploaded the song here. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vg0uf5w14l9ikhd8odaw5/Marianne.SGU?rlkey=9xozb2l5werm6vm1u18twnfb8&st=t2hb6g21&dl=0 @Noel96, Thanks that works for me as I am only using the sheets when we rehearse. I double checked and I am on the latest release (for Apple computers)
Re: My tango for Django WaoBand 04/21/24 06:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very excellent period piece! Loved the interchange of guitar and fiddle.
Replies 10 Views 83 Read More
Re: ! WaoBand 04/21/24 06:04 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
[quote=chulaivet1966]Good morning everyone.... WaoBand.... It was a fun topic to try and write on. Unfortunately, I actually had to rely on my aged imagination as I've never been a spy or vigilante so I have no 1st hand accounts. smile I'm very pleased you enjoyed the effort. "aged imaginantion" is good! I actually am a secret agent from another planet! This my theme (100% BiaB):
Replies 16 Views 298 Read More
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,605
Posts735,009
Members38,514
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon, Xtian, michael07716
38,513 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186