Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I'm putting this in a separate post so that we can centralize all the info about the BIAB Amplitube Presets.

During the last beta, I did not reinstall Amplitube -- I already had AT3.7. When the version of BIAB with Amplitube presets came out, those presets showed up in AT3 automatically, and I was ready to go. (I'm currently using default install locations for both BIAB and AT3.)

There are currently several threads noting problems with AT3 presets not showing up in BIAB. A number of them have found the .tgs files. But here's the Real Big Thing that a number of people seem to have missed (and I only found it myself by searching my hard drive with Everything):

The .tgs files in C:\bb\DX Settings\Amplitube are not the presets.

The presets are in C:\\Users\{user}\Documents\IK Multimedia\Amplitube 3\presets\Band-In-A-Box (or your system's equivalent). Or at least they should be.

The presets are .at3p files, so searching for ".at3p" on your system should track 'em down. Then you can copy them to the folder above. And we'll see if that works.

I do not know the purpose of the .tgs files, although my brain wants to say "the guitar shop". If Peter or someone could elucidate, and help us figure out what's supposed to be installed where...?

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Tom,

There are 2 types of presets:

1. TGS files. These are PG music files that you can make. They save all of the presets for a given track. So, if you add effects to a guitar track, you can save these effects "Save Group" button in the Effects Window. You can also have a style use that .tgs file. So that's how we make styles that use AmpliTube in a certain way.

2. the .at3p files. These are AmpliTube format presets. They show up in the AmpliTube window, in the presets section. You can choose them within AmpliTube, and when you do the BB song will get saved with the settings, so you don't have to revisit it next time.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Aha! Many thanks, Peter. Now, if we can only figure out why some people can't find the presets at all....

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi,

The presets should have been installed with Band-in-a-Box. If you don't have them for whatever reason, install the latest update patch ( build 349 ) - we've added the presets to it.

Also, there's now a small file that you can download from this page, that has all the AmpliTube related files:
http://www.pgmusic.com/amplitube-demos.htm

[Download AmpliTube styles, demos, and presets] This requires version 2012.

For reference, the AmpliTube presets (at3p files) are installed to your My Documents folder
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\IK Multimedia\Amplitube 3\Presets\
Windows Vista/7: C:\users\<username>\My Documents\IK Multimedia\Amplitube 3\Presets\

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

There are 2 types of presets:

1. TGS files. These are PG music files that you can make. They save all of the presets for a given track. So, if you add effects to a guitar track, you can save these effects "Save Group" button in the Effects Window. You can also have a style use that .tgs file. So that's how we make styles that use AmpliTube in a certain way.

2. the .at3p files. These are AmpliTube format presets. They show up in the AmpliTube window, in the presets section. You can choose them within AmpliTube, and when you do the BB song will get saved with the settings, so you don't have to revisit it next time.

I notice that in the Amplitube preset BIAB subdirectory there is a .at3p file with the same name as each of the .tgs files. If we create and save a preset (which presumably goes to .tgs format) does it automatically show up in the PRESETS/BIAB directory as an at3p preset? If not:

1) is there a way to convert it to at3p format or
2) is there a way to directly load .tgs files?
(when I click LOAD BANK the file mask will not allow the tgs files to be seen eve if I navigate to that directory)

Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello:

I'm trying to figure out why I keep getting this Amplitube message error: The current preset uses models which are not installed. The missing models will not be loaded; therefore the preset may not sound as intended.

The product is registered correctly.

I can rifle through the presets in the GUI, but I'm not getting the percieved/expected results.

I must be missing something?

I looked and found a slew of Amplitube stuff in my Documents File; Models, Patches, Presets (why it is there I have no clue).

Further, within the Program Files location there seems to be some pretty hefty PAK and VPA files (150 and 20 Meg respectively).

So, it seems the data is there...but my interface doesn't seem to access them as I would expect.

I hope someone can help, I thought all of this would be transparent...maybe I have to import or shuffle some files around?

Thank you in advance for any insight!

Regards,
Eric

JOHN 10:10
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hello:

I'm trying to figure out why I keep getting this Amplitube message error: The current preset uses models which are not installed. The missing models will not be loaded; therefore the preset may not sound as intended.

Amplitube comes in various versions. The version that comes with BIAB includes a small subset of what's available. Even the full blown Amplitube 3 does not contain all the gear, because they separated out the most popular Fender and Ampeg gear as separate products.

If you went to the IKMultimedia site and downloaded presets, it is inevitable that some of those presets are trying to access gear you don't have. In order for all the presets to work, you'd need to buy Amplitube 3, plus the Fender and Ampeg versions and maybe even the Jimi Hendrix collection.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks Pat,

I did not download anything from IK, rather I simply installed the program as it was included in a BIAB 2012 EverythingPAK.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'm still in the dark though.

How am I to know what subsets are accessable?

Plow through the 999 and see what errors and what doesn't?

It seems that "something" should work (preset-wise that is).

Frustrated!

Veteran
Veteran
OK, if you are using the free version that came bundled with BIAB,the only presets that won't generate that error are the ones in the folders AMPLITUBE FREE and BAND IN A BOX

All the other folders contain presets that require gear from other add-ons that you don't have yet.

I bought the full blown AT3 thinking I'd have all the gear and wouldn't get that message anymore, but nope. There's still a lot of stuff I don't have, therefore I still get the same error any time I select a preset from one of the other sets.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok...I see the Amplitube Free (and its associated patches) tab...however, I do not see the Band in a Box presets...which should be there...but are not.

Hmmm...

Well, I am examining the stand alone version while doing this.

Maybe if I launch it within BB as a plugin, that menu might appear?

Thanks again!

Veteran
Veteran
download this and run the install and the BAND IN A BOX folder should show up

http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2012_amplitube_files.exe

Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you Pat...I just did the linked instal and will check the results soon!

For now, I must be off.

Thank you again sir

Eric

Veteran
Veteran
be aware that there is a newer version available that you may want to install over that one... I sent the older link because it should give you the BIAB presets

If you install the newer version later, when it asks if you want to overwrite the presets, so NO

(or back them up first)

Veteran
Veteran
update: I had several additional folders of presets (BIAB and some that I downloaded from the IKM web site)

When I installed the new update, I said YES to replace my presets, and it didn't change or remove my BIAB or DOWNLOADED directories

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

update: I had several additional folders of presets (BIAB and some that I downloaded from the IKM web site)

When I installed the new update, I said YES to replace my presets, and it didn't change or remove my BIAB or DOWNLOADED directories

Same here.

No problem pressing yes.

Note that I just DLed the update and installed it. Has this problem been corrected? Don't know.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,613
Posts735,131
Members38,516
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182