Print Thread
Go To
#348914 05/08/16 10:56 AM
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Leeky Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I purchased the 2016 version of Power Tracks AND jbridge and I'm using it with my Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 VSTi.

Under PT, I can play 64-bit but I can't render these files to a .wav file!! No error messages except that notorious "not responding" indication at the top. So far no one can help. Ugh! BTW, if I switch to 32-bit, no problem...all is well.

I know I can stay at 32-bit even though I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, but I'd like to have the flexibility to do what I want to do.

Any suggestions from anyone???

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
First this I would check is to make sure you have set PowerTracks to "Run as Administrator".

If I'm understanding you correctly, if you run the 32-bit version of the Aria Player (because you don't run JABB by itself, but instead through the Aria player), then it will render WAV files properly. If you use the 64-bit version of the Aria Player (via jbridge), you can hear the sound being played, but when you go to render to WAV, it won't do it? Is this correct?

However, if you are not having any problems with the generated sound using 32-bit, why use the 64-bit version of Aria. The soundbanks for JABB are the same, so it won't sound any different in 32- or 64-bit.

If I get a chance, I'll try to take a look at this when I get home from work this evening.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Leeky Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Greetings John,

I am running Power Tracks as an administrator.

And yes, everything you say is correct. My reason for wanting 64-bit availability is so I can use some of the sounds from IK Multimedia which are largely 64-bit.

I appreciate you looking in to this.

Leeky.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
I just tested using BOTH the 64 bit ARIA player with JABB3 & Sampletank 3 and PT2016 rendered each to stereo .wav files?

The ARIA Player I used was the "ARAI Player VST_64.dll" not the …multi.dll and it's the most current player (V1.872) and engine (also V1.872). I will say that PT doesn't open a BIG enough window for eh player - so you can’t get to its side panel stuff ( info, controls, mixer, effects and settings) probably because the NEW player (1.872) puts all the sound libraries on the far left hand side now and you don’t have to use a pull down to get to GPO5 or JABB3 or IO etc. I will report that to PG.

I'm still running Win 7 64 (but I DOUBT your Win 10 is your issue), when you tried rendering did you try the render option: "Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to Stereo Wave file..."

EDIT (forget which hand was left or right had to correct)
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 05/09/16 09:25 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Leeky Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hey Larry,

I noticed what you said about the window. Yes, PT needs to fix that.

Still won't render...and yes I use "Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to Stereo Wave file..."

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
shot gunning:

Are you using current JBridge 1.74?

Do your JBridge settings have these two check boxes selected

"audioMasterGetTime hack"

and

" Use Legacy integrated mode (v1.2) - plugin restart recommended"

maybe it's your song file somehow(??) - my quick test was with the supplied sample song "F blues.seq"

Finally, can you render in other audio applications using 64 bit ARIA player?

If don't you have any other apps like Reaper, or Sonar/ Music Creator, Mixcraft, Realband - you can download 64 bit Reaper as an eval for free to try

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Okay, I tried it on my computer and got the same thing as Leeky. I don't have the more recent Aria Player, as I have not yet upgraded to GPO5 (soon!).

The 32-bit version of Aria rendered fine; the 64-bit just gave me the "Not Responding" and I had to close out PTPA2016.

Larry - where do you make those jbridge settings you mentioned?

I'll try it some more this evening, as this should work.

And I am definitely running the latest version of jbridge.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Leeky Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
John, thank you for checking this out. I am also waiting for GPO5 (back-ordered) and I am running the latest version of jbridge as well.

I shall of course be very interested to hear if you are able to work through this issue.

Cheers,

Leeky

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
John and Leeky

see pic

I do not know if those JBridge settings are critical to this issue, it's just: 1) what I have set to and it worked, and 2) I SEEM to remember "way back when" having to click one of them on (or clicking something else off?) in the EARLY JBridge days, I just can't remember details.

You DO NOT NEED to wait for GPO5 to get the updated PLAYER and ENGINE just open your existing ARIA player, go to settings and click on player update it will (should) take you to Make Music (Garritan) to log in and get updated player (don't; forget engine update as well). I did the update about a week before I pulled trigger for the $49 upgrade to GPO5, not sure why I did it I have Miro Phil. 2 (and 1) , Kirk Hunter Diamond Orch, Peter Siedlaczek Complete Orch Collection, and a few others not to mention all the stuff in my external gear, I probably did it becasue it was only $49!

I have no impulse control and I am letting myself be nickle-dimed to death. frown

Larry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
jbridge arai settings.jpg (320.96 KB, 75 downloads)

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
I actually went ahead and bought the upgrade (I had GPO4 Full Version, so it was only $49).

However, interestingly enough, it seemingly installed fine on both my laptop and desktop, however on my laptop, the standalone Aria Player won't run (it runs fine on my desktop). So I'm trying to figure out why that is (if anyone has any insight, I'm all ears - web search has proved unfruitful so far).

I double click on the program, it seems to start to launch, I see some boxes flicker on the middle of the screen, and then it does nothing except suck memory. I watch it in Task Manager and I see it slowly creep up to 5 or 6 GB of memory (I've also gotten low memory condition), and then it drops down and starts building up again, or just drops down, but never displays the program. The problem with this is that even though I can load the latest VSTi, I can't authorize GPO5, because you have to do that in the standalone.

Any help (or someone with similar experience) is appreciated. If I can't figure it out soon, I'll open a ticket with Make Music and go from there.

Everything else on the computer seems to run fine, so this one has me stumped.

I have tried running as administrator, setting other compatibility mode settings, but nothing seems to work.

The previous version of Aria (which obviously got overwritten when installed the new) worked fine on this machine.

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
John

you may have it sorted out by now maybe not? what I would suggest is (I suspect you already done all this but..)

I'd uninstall ARIA, track down all the 32/64 bit ARIA***.dll's and delete them ALL. I'd also make sure that wherever you had ARIA (Garritan) installed (where the standalone .exe is) that those files are all gone and that that directory is empty.

Reboot then reinstall.

now I'm just guessing but: the new player "cross loads" all the info from old player (ALL libs, etc.) and maybe the the last time you used ARIA it hadn't finished loading a GPO or IO or JABB or one of your imported SFZ's etc. and when trying to rebuild libs/lists it keep trying to RELOAD one of the sfz/audio files (eating up memory in process) that's all the Garritan stuff is - renamed glorified SFZ's BUT VERY GOOD ONES)

John (and Leeky)

Once you DO get the new ARIA player working the plug in window will not be big enough, INSIDE BIAB, RB or PT, to use the right hand side ARIA controls (info, mixer, effects, as mentioned above and CONFIRMED by PG see below quote from I got last night from PG) PS the new Roland Sound Canvas VA VSTi is plagued with same issue -only there the window doesn't expand DOWN enough to assign instruments to the 16 parts)

"Hello Larry,
We have seen this issue before with a few plugins, they're just too large to fit inside the plugins window. Unfortunately we don't have a workaround right now but the development team is aware of the issue and are investigating a solution, likely involving scroll bars to accommodate the larger plugins or rescaling the plugin window so it can handle bigger interfaces. When they have a solution it will be made available either as a patch or in a new version, if you keep current on updates you should get all the relevant fixes.

Thank you,
Kallum
PG Music Inc.
"

Good Luck
Larry

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Larry -

I opened a ticket with MakeMusic. In looking at the Aria log, it looks like it's getting hung up on enumerating audio devices. The program starts, then seems to have identified that I have about 4 billion audio devices in my computer, at which point it starts counting through them one by one, all the while churning through memory. I watched Task Manager while it slowly used up 6 GB of memory and generated a 20GB log file.

I've sent MakeMusic excerts from the log file (obviously) and other log information, so hopefully I'll have resolution soon.

Interestingly, I can open the newest Aria VSTi interface; however, since you can't drag your Garritan key card to the VSTi, only the standalone, I can't get GPO5 authorized.

And yes, I had seen previously that it's too big. I personally think there needs to be major changes to the VST/VSTi window, not the least of which is all the white space at the top. Also, you can increase the size of the actual displayed window, but all you get is more white space to the right. You would think that the VSTi would report it's size upon opening, and the PGMusic VSTi window should size accordingly.

By the way, GPO5/Aria runs fine on my desktop computer, just not my laptop.

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
See my guessing was useless - LOL

Hope you get it sorted but again even when you do and while GPO5 (it was a good $49 buy upgrade, wasn't it)will work - you will not be able to access the ARIA CONTROLS or FX which for me is VERY limiting, not to mention mixer (but again only when used inside BIAB/RB/PT)

too bad there aren't keyboard controls/shortcuts for those properties

Larry

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
I agree, Larry. Hopefully the developers can come up with a fix to accommodate that full size of the interface screen (and I'm sure we'll see more of this).

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi,

Just checking if the GPO interface screen has had any fixes yet.

Regards

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1104. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Brian

For me this (appears) to have been fixed in PTPA build 5 (4 Jul) just as it was in BIAB build 436 (see my other reply re: BIAB

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=358360#Post358360

JOHN

DID YOU EVER get your problem with GPO resolved with Make Music

Larry

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Larry -

I did get it resolved. Thanks for asking.

Two issues... I had to update my M-Audio FastTrack Pro drivers, which allowed me to run the Aria player. But then after successfully running the standalone Aria player, when I tried to authorize my copy using my KeyCard, it just gave me a circle-slash when I tried to drop it onto the interface. So MakeMusic provided me an alternate method of authorizing the library.

Everything is working fine on both computers, and now that PGMusic has fixed the display issue, I'm happy. I'm just hoping they can do something about all the space used at the top of the VST/VSTi window so you don't have to always resize it when you bring it up, which is very distracting.

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Good !

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199