Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
jaebea Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I read through the last 8 forum pages hoping to find answers to these problems but none of the fixes worked, including installing the version 5 update.

I have been using Realband back when it was just Power tracks and I love it! The last version I had was 2010.5, very stable on my WinXP system. At the beginning of this year, I built a new computer with Win 7 64, a Creative Xfi Titanium HD sound card and bought BIAB 2012. BIAB works GREAT but RB is a huge disappointment. Sometimes I get sound and sometimes not. Sometimes it will work with my vsti's...and sometimes not. Sometimes the vsti will sound on the RB piano but won't play on my Oxygen 61 midi controller but another time it will. More often now, it just crashes when I click on something....anything!!! And that's after installing the version 5 update that was supposed to lessen the crashes!

This is so frustrating!! My Spectrasonics Omnisphere vsti worked wonderfully with 2010.5 and but with 2012, I just never know when its going to work. I have tried checking and unchecking boxes...but what works one time doesn't work the next. I don't know what to do. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this erratic behavior and crashes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
That is very unfortunate, i think that a call to tech support is needed. I use 2012 every day and it is for the most part stable and works flawlessly. There are a couple bugs, one in looping that i know of. But it is strong so far.

If you want give a couple detailed examples and maybe someone can help a bit. Please though call tech support, they are very good at this.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Expert
Expert
P.S. And the support help is free.

I use 2012 (5) on an XP machine with no real problems.

Have you tried to put 2012 on your XP Machine to see if you've got the same problems?

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
RealBand
jaebea Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
My XP machine has been retired so I am stuck. I work everyday so I will have to find out the support hours. This is driving me batty! I have a CD project that I wanted finished for release in March.

RealBand
Expert
Expert
Jaebea - PG is on the West Coast. Go back to the site's main page and click on "Live Help".

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
RealBand
jaebea Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I am on the west coast too and it looks like they are taking calls until 8pm so I will call them when I get off work tonight. I would rather talk to someone about this then do the live chat thing.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
This sounds like a problem with 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit Win 7 machine. Nothing to do with the version of RB. 32 bit Programs run fine on Win 7 64 but plugins don't. They have to be 64 bit. There could be other 64 bit compatibility issues but check those plugs first.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Quote:

This sounds like a problem with 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit Win 7 machine. Nothing to do with the version of RB. 32 bit Programs run fine on Win 7 64 but plugins don't. They have to be 64 bit. There could be other 64 bit compatibility issues but check those plugs first.

Bob

Bob, this has not been true for me. I have a raft of 32 bit plugins that I use on Win64. My host, Tracktion, is 32 bit, as far as I know, and all of the plugins that I use are 32 bit.

I run Tracktion as administrator. I've had zero compatibility issues with my 32 bit plugins.

One other thing could be that the op is running into multi-thread incompatibility. While my Win764 bit box is quad core, I can only run Tracktion on 2 processors (there is an option in Tracktion to instruct how many cores it can use). If I try more than that - screech, scratch and general audio mayhem. Finally, there are some simple tweaks for Win7 which I would try first, prioritization of audio, etc. Presonus seems to have the authoritative resource on this now, where it used to be that Tascam document.

http://www.presonus.com/community/learn/musicians/optimization-guide-for-vista/

(Don't let the Vista website url fool you. Works on Win7 as well)
-Scott

-Scott

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Scott, not saying this is her problem, her issue could be totally unrelated. I just did a quick search and you bet there are problems with 32 bit plugs in a 64 bit os and vice versa. Spectrasonics has a specific 64 bit version out now. Is this what she needs? No idea I would have to spend an hour researching it.

I found several posts on the Sonar forums talking about this too. Sonar now has both 32 and 64 bit versions and apparently a lot of the plugs (not the programs, just the plugs ins) from various companies have to match the bit depth.

I was a bit upset for example when my Emulator X synth wouldn't activate in my new machine. It took me over an hour to install everything and never got any warning it was a waste of time. I had to read the Emu forums to find out there's no 64 bit upgrade for the 32 bit version. You simply have to buy the new X3 for $199 and that's it. And, none of the 32 bit plugs or soundbanks are compatible so I just uninstalled and/or deleted all those files. I probably won't buy it because now I have my new Kurzweil PC3 and that's got plenty of synth power to create all kinds of strange and weird sounds if I need them. Plus Kurz's filters sound just as good to me as the EMU Zplane filters did for those killer sweeps and portamento things.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
jaebea Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
UPDATE: I had several conversations with support. Lots of problems got fixed and I was able to get sound after reinstalling to my second hard drive rather then the C drive. Unfortunately, at this point. RB 2012 is just not being able to handle my vsti's and not crash. After struggling with it the rest of the week, I made the decision to go back to 2010.5. I uninstalled 2012 and installed 2010.5 and have had no problems. How sad

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
So this has nothing to do with 64 bit and everything to do with which version of RB is being used, so it seems.

Again, not a single 32 bit plugin gives me worries in win 7 64 bit home premium. Perhaps it's when the host is 64 bit and the plugins are 32 bit, that causes issues?

RealBand
jaebea Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I don't know. When I installed BIAB2012, I don't know how it installed...even though I am running Win 7 64. I know that when I tried to grab the 64 bit dll for Omnisphere, it wouldn't accept it. I had to use the 32 bit dll for that vsti. I use the 32 bit versions of 3 other vst/vsti's but they were also crashing the program.

Actually, I just reinstalled BIAB2012 without RB on my C drive so I am only using the 2010.5 of RB.

Last edited by jaebea; 02/18/12 04:57 PM.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi jaebea,

As far as I understand plug-ins, because RB is a 32-bit application, it cannot run 64 bit plug-ins. However, because your are running your VSTs fine in 2010.5, this would suggest that you're using the 32-bit versions of your plug-ins. Mostly the 32-bit plug-ins have something like x86 or 32 in the name.

A couple of questions spring to mind. Does Realband 2012 work ok without plugins? You mentioned that omnisphere creates issues with 2012, have you tried other plugins to see if the problem persists across the board? Do you have external devices hooked up to work in Realband?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
jaebea Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Yes, I was having trouble with the other plugins too. With Kontakt 4, not so much, but with Steinburg Hypersonic 2 (which I've had for years) and Philharmonik Orchestra, they would freeze up and crash the program all the time. Now that 2010.5 is installed, it has been smooooth sailing and I have been able to work on music once again!

This can't just be my computer. I wonder if anyone else is having vst problems with RB 2012.

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
No VSTi problems here on 2012 (5) RB, but i only use Sampletank, TTS , and the cakewalk studio instruments, Dim Pro LE, and jamstix. (which only works as a drum machine) But again i am on 32 bit XP. I will be taking the leap sometime this year and bumping up to 64 bit win 7

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Apprentice
Apprentice
Rob, I also use Sampletank extensively with RB. Worked fine until RB 2012. Since then, Sampletank will still function as vsti and I can convert its tracks permanently to an audio track, but RB will no longer remember Sampletank's settings per channel when the song is closed and re-opened. In effect, RB no longer remembers that Sampletank was assigned to particular channels. I am also still using Win 32. Have you had any such problems with Sampletank?

Terry

BIAB/RB 2018 PlusPak. Dell Inspiron23 running Win10, 12GB RAM, 2.5GHz i7, Presonus AudioBox USB interface.
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
No so far the only really weird thing i have noticed is that i find that Rb will sometimes lose any Effect i place on the main output. I almost always place some kind of a master limiter, and i find it disappears from a few of the song files, and this happened in both 2011, and 2012. I have not seen a pattern yet.

I will tinker around with sampletank, and see if it does what you say, and get back to you.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,509
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195