Hi all,

I'm using a Presonus Firepod, and several RB versions ago, was able to use it to record to RB. In order to use the Firepod, I had to first disable my "Soundmax Integrated Digitaal HD Audio" device, reboot the machine, and then was able to open the WinXP Recording Control (via RB's "VU Meters" button and clicking the speaker button) and under Recording Control..Options..Properties, to change the "mixer device" from Soundmax HD audio to Firepod Mixer.

Going through the procedure above with RB 2012 (latest updates build 5 installed) does not allow me to invoke the WinXP Recording Control, instead giving the following message when the RB VU meters speaker button is pressed:

"There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware."

Incidentally, with my same machine configuration, I can use Ableton to record from my Presonus - without having to invoke the WinXP Recording Control and change the mixer setting. I guess it works differently, but

Any help would be appreciated.