I just wanted to ask this before I dive into a weekend of experimenting so I know where to jump into the pool.

Let's say for the sake of saying, I set aside a track and make it a MIDI track. (Everything I have done in RB until now has been 100% audio tracks.) I pick channel 7. I come to bar whatever where I want harmony singing. I play the harmony lines I want into the software using some kind of controller.

In theory, when I play that back through my M-Audio Fast Track Pro, if I connect the MIDI out of the interface to the MIDI in of my Vocoder, plug a mic in and sing the harmony parts, RB should send that note information to my Vocoder and my mic input will do the formant processing and get the Vocoder to sing, right?

I HAVE in the past done this with Sonar, and since RB is essentially just another form of workstation software capable of MIDI in and out, I have to think it will work just fine.

Has anybody done this with that type of "singing" device? I know several people have the kind that you strum a guitar into and it follows your chord progression and sings harmony. I know of at least a dozen guys here in town that do solo acts and use one of the harmonizer devices. I haven't seen anybody using the old school type vocoder here yet.

First blush, it HAS to work. It can't NOT work. RB doesn't know where the MIDI on/off data is going, just what channel and when to send.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.