Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#95965 12/07/10 11:09 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
There are quite a few SONAR users on this forum, and SONAR has always worked great with BIAB's Drag n Drop Plugin Mode.

In case you missed it, the new SONAR version, called X1, now available as of midnight. It appears people are busy ordering it.

The main changes are the revamped GUI called Skylight and the addition of a one-stop plugin called ProChannel that runs on each track. The system requirements changed and are pretty steep, but the company also stated that it will work if SONAR 8.5 worked.

I'm hanging back before ordering, until the smoke clears. If anyone here buys it, please check if it still runs well with BIAB.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I don't plan to upgrade until at least the first bug fix. maybe not until this time next year when the deals start again.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Matt, I'm going to wait until the smoke clears also. They have a bit of history in terms of releasing a post-main release bug fix release, er, as it were.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, as a Sonar Studio 7 owner, I was considering upgrading to 8.5, I think it was $100, and they said they would throw in X1 for free.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Gary. I fear that offer is not relevant any longer, now that X1 is released. That was for folks who purchased 8.5 between November 1 and yesterday. But who knows? You could ask them.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It's okay Matt, I don't use Studio 7 enough to upgrade to 8.5 anyway. I'm not really interested in the latest and greatest. If I was, I'd probably go back to Pro Tools, now that they've released 9, which will work with just about anybody's audio interface.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
I'm running Sonar 8.5 and am quite happy with it. I purchased the X1 but am quite dissatisfied with trying to download the huge files. Their server was beefed up before the release but it wasn't enough for some unlucky folks like myself. I think the boxed version is $30 more and I believe I may have to go that route. I just upgraded from 16 kbps dialup last week to DSL and thought everything was going to be smooth sailing.

I plan on upgrading to BIAB 11 soon but I will probably wait for the DVD instead of trying to download.

See Personal Bio for system setup

My SoundClick Page
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
The download is fast on BiaB, but you need the DVD to download the RTs. Or ask for them on set at a time to download.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I plan on upgrading to BIAB 11 soon but I will probably wait for the DVD instead of trying to download.

If you do upgrade to BIAB 2011 and ever need help, be sure to refer to it as such. BIAB 11 is ancient.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

I purchased the X1 but am quite dissatisfied with trying to download the huge files. Their server was beefed up before the release but it wasn't enough for some unlucky folks like myself. I think the boxed version is $30 more and I believe I may have to go that route. I just upgraded from 16 kbps dialup last week to DSL and thought everything was going to be smooth sailing.

Don't take the download problems with X1 as being typical of broadband performance. I have cable, and I still had a big problem downloading all of the X1 files. It's 2 days post purchase and I still haven't sucessfully downloaded everything. The Cakewalk people are getting it addressed but it was evident that both the store and the download server were completely overwhelmed by the amount of traffic generated. I had better luck with the FireFox browser since it will allow you to pause and restart a download. The download stream was constantly stopping and I finally gave up on IE for the download since there is no way to restart a stalled download (that I know of). I still had frequent interuptions even using Firefox, and was able to restart some downloads, and had to start others over from the beginning.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The only thing IE is good for is to download another browser and it's not even very good at that. LOL.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
Yes, oh course I meant 2011. Move forward, not backwards, heh?

Firefox couldn't restart any failed downloads for me and Orbit downloader, which I have had luck with on other large files, couldn't connect to Cakewalk's server. I tried again at work today on our partial T1 but it failed after over eight hours. I still haven't decided if I'll pay $30 more for the box or just take a $99 loss.

I'm definitely going to upgrade my BIAB 2010.5 to 2011 shortly. I have been spending more time with BIAB lately anyway and Sonar 8.5 works well enough.

And I agree, IE stinks and gets no use from me.

My SoundClick Page
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Keebo,

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you download "Free Download Manager" as it will allow you to resume your downloads if you get cut off (providing servers support resume which most companies like PG Music do). Makes getting things over the net a whole heap easier.

You can get it at...

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

I'm just about to update my version. I suggest that you don't install "Software Informer". My experience is that programs such as Software Informer usually just end up being annoying.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
Thank you for your suggestion, Noel.

Orbit was recommended by Camel Audio when I was having trouble downloading Alchemy and the sound sets. It worked perfectly for that and other files. I'm not sure why it will not download from the Cakewalk site.

I guess it won't hurt to try FDM on Sonar before throwing in the towel. Perhaps I will try it on BIAB first.

Thanks again.

My SoundClick Page
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, no one has mentioned that Reaper has released an alpha version of its long awaited v4. It tends to change daily taking imput from the entire community. An interesting business model.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

no one has mentioned that Reaper has released an alpha version.

Probably because no one else thought it would be okay to highjack a thread on SONAR for another topic.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
Well I downloaded and installed the Free Download Manager. I am using it to get the first RealTrack file as I have also purchased the BIAB 2011 DVD upgrade. I went ahead and successfully downloaded the program and add on files via regular download method. I like how the RealTrack files are under one GB. I wish the Sonar files were too. I am going to see if the FDM will connect to the Sonar site after the RealTrack file gets here.

Thanks guys.

My SoundClick Page
Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
Free Download Manager is working great for the RealTracks but the saga continues with Sonar.

It was able to connect and download 90% (2.3 GB) of one file and 82% (2.4 GB) of another before it quit. I tested the resume feature before I let it run all night and it worked fine. Now it will not resume no matter what I try.

Thanks for you help anyway.

My SoundClick Page
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Keebo, that's too bad, because one common comment on the SONAR X1 forum is that the download went quite smoothly for us this time. Mine was a breeze, but you're right, the two main files are large.

Be sure to clear your browser cache before trying again.

Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
Thanks Matt, I will do that if I try again tonight. I'm working on the important things that work like the RealTracks right now :-) . I left all of the files downloading on my PC at work before I left Friday but I can almost guarantee that they are dead as we speak.

I am glad you and the other were successful on getting Sonar downloaded. I can hardly believe that some were able to get them in as little as an hour and a half. That is smokin'. So how do you like X1 so far? I see that there are a few things that need addressing and Cakewalk is releasing an update soon for the major issues.

My SoundClick Page
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,588
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193