Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The Wrecking Crew - A documentary movie about the musicians who played the soundtrack of our lives wants your help.

They played on well over 10,000 hit recordings and countless 'album cuts' of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. People like Plas Johnson, Leon Russell, Hal Blaine, Tommy Tedesco, Carol Kaye, Glen Campbell and others played the music that backed The Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Sonny and Cher, Jan & Dean, The Monkees, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Mamas and Papas, 5th Dimension, Tijuana Brass, Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley, Johnny Rivers and Phil Spector's Wall of Sound and that's just a few!

The Wrecking Crew is a documentary movie that is already finished about these unsung heroes. Paying for the royalties to use the music clips and the AFofM to pay the musicians is the last hurdle. It's gotten awards at film festivals, but commercial movie theaters can't show the film until this last bill has been paid.

Tommy Tedesco's son Denny is producing the film, and to pay the last bit of royalties he is starting a Kickstarter campaign. I'm not a Kickstarter denizen, and this is only the second project I've backed. I'm getting the DVD and another bonus extra for my donation. I think there are many people like me who would love to own this DVD so I'm sharing it.

If you want to watch the trailer, and perhaps back the project, go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wreckingcrew/the-wrecking-crew-doc-untold-story-of-rock-and-rol or the official Wrecking Crew site http://wreckingcrew.tv/ for even more info - it's worth the visit even if you have no intention of buying the DVD.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
CAROL KAYE

GLENN CAMPBELL

LEON RUSSELL

"Feelin' Alright" - the original piano part for the Joe Cocker
hit recording was done by Artie Butler, a tour de force resurrecting the piano LH tritone patterns made famous by jazz pianist Errol Garner, Artie incorporating a Ray Charles inspired Gospel twist.

Quote:

Lead vocals by Joe Cocker
Guitar by David Cohen[disambiguation needed]
Bass guitar by Carol Kaye
Piano by Artie Butler
Drums by Paul Humphrey
Percussion by Laudir de Oliveira
Backing vocals by Brenda Holloway, Patrice Holloway and Merry Clayton

Quote:

Phil Spector was known for not giving his
musicians many breaks during recording
sessions. There were two reasons given for this
from his engineers. Choose two from this list

A) Recording time was expensive, and he
wanted to get the most out of it
B) He wanted to tire th
e musicians out so they
would blend better together
C) He didn't want to
disrupt mic placement and
seating
D) He liked to record as many
songs as he could in a session

Answer B and C

Although working as part of her backup band, this Wrecking Crew member actually got billing in Las Vegas while playing there with Nancy Sinatra.

A.) Hal Blaine
B.) Glen Campbell
C.) Carol Kaye

Answer A- Hal Blaine

We all know that the Wrecking Crew played on most of The Monkee's records. What now famous singer/songwriter auditioned for the Monkees but was turned down, according to the
story, because he had a tooth missing

Was it
A) David Crosby
B) Roger McGuinn
C) Stephen Stills

Answer C - Stephen Stills

Herb Alpert and Lou Adler said that this singer was their mentor in their early days of producing records. Was it

A) Frank Sinatra
B) Sam Cooke
C) Nat King Cole

Answer B - Sam Cooke

Which one of these Wrecking Crew
members was NOT born in Louisiana.

A.)Earl Palmer
B.)Plas Johnson
C.)Emil Richards

Answer - C-Emil Richards

This Wrecking Crew guitarist was called the "Master of the Dano" for their use of the Danelectro guitar on so many tracks.

A.) Carol Kaye
B.) Tommy Tedesco
C.) Bill Pitman

Answer C- Bill Pitman

This Wrecking Crew Sax player, played the solo on Sam Cooke's "Twistin' The Night Away"in 1962 using what he called his "flutter tongue" technique.

A.) Plas Johnson
B.) Jackie Kelso
C.) Steve Douglas

Answer - B Jackie Kelso (SideNote: The late great Jackie Kelso also held the lead chair position in the Count Basie Orchestra for years, passing it on to Mac's little brother Marshall who holds the chair today! www.marshallmcdonald.com)

On The Monkees hit "Valleri", this Wrecking Crew guitarist played those fast Spanish -style guitar licks at the end and fade of the song.

A.) Tommy Tedesco
B.) Louis Shelton
C.) Glen Campbell

Answer B- Louis Shelton

Richard Carpenter said this bass player and this drummer provided the "groove" behind many of their hits.
A.) Carol Kaye-Bass Hal Blaine Drums
B.) Ray Pohlman-Bass Earl Palmer- Drums
C.) Joe Osborn -Bass Hal Blaine-Drums

Answer C- Joe Osborn and Hal Blaine

The Wrecking Crew was vital to the sound of this Oklahoma-born composer's early hits with artists like Glen Campbell
and The Fifth Dimension.

A.) Leon Russell
B.) Jimmy Webb
C.) Jack Nitzsche

Answer B- Jimmy Webb

Although this song was originally to be recorded by Bobby Darin, this singer recorded it with the Wrecking Crew in 1963. It went on to be his signature song. Who is the singer and what
is the song?

A.) Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen
B.) Frank Sinatra - Fly me to the Moon
C.) Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody

Answer - A- Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen

This artist/producer closely associated with the Wrecking Crew, recorded a very successful live album at The Whiskey A Go-Go in 1964. Who is the artist/producer.

A.) Johnny Rivers
B.) Leon Russell
C.) Lou Adler

Answer A- Johnny Rivers

On this Frank Zappa album, members of the Wrecking Crew that played on it, and other session players were credited as being a part of the "Abnuceals Emuukha Electric Symphony Orchestra" Name the album.

A.) Lumpy Gravy
B.) Were only in it for the money
C.) The Grand Wazoo

Answer A- Lumpy Gravy

This hit by the Mamas and Papas from 1966 had
an engineering mistake in the lead vocal that Bones Howe said producer Lou Adler wanted to keep in the track. Which they did. Name the song.

A.) California Dreaming
B.) Words of Love
C.) I saw Her Again

Answer C- I Saw Her Again

Early on in his solo career, Glen Campbell was booked to be
the opening act for this unlikely L.A-based band in the late 60's.

A.) Love
B.) The Doors
C.) Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention

Answer B- The Doors

Which WC guitarist said he was the one that came up with the final arrangement for Nat King Cole's hit "Ramblin' Rose"

A.) Billy Strange
B.) Barney Kessell
C.) Bill Pitman

Answer A- Billy Strange

This song, written by Jimmy Webb, was the breakthrough hit in 1967 for The Fifth Dimension backed by the Wrecking Crew. Name the song

A.) Stoned Soul Picnic
B.) Aquarias/Let The Sunshine in
C.) Up, Up and Away

Answer C- Up Up and Away

Although known for doing bass work on most of the Wrecking Crew sessions, this member is also a jazz guitarist, and started out as one.

A.) Carol Kaye
B.) Max Bennett
C.)Larry Knechtel

Answer A- Carol Kaye

The Wrecking Crew drummer played the famous drum intro on the "Hawaii 5-0" theme, and later went on to play with Joni Mitchell as part of her back up band in the 70's.

A.) Jim Gordon
B.) John Guerin
C.) Hal Blaine

Answer B- John Guerin

Members of the Wrecking Crew were a big part of this duo's last studio album together, released in 1970. Who was the duo?

A. Simon and Garfunkel
B. Sonny and Cher
C.) The Smothers Brothers

Answer A- Simon and Garfunkel

Before recording his solo hit “Eve of Destruction” with the Wrecking Crew, Barry McGuire was lead singer of what folk group?

A.) The Kingston Trio
B.) The New Christy Minstrals
C.) The Rooftop Singers

Answer B- The New Christy Minstrals

Mason Williams,guitarist and comedy writer for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour, had a Grammy winning instrumental hit in 1968, backed
by the Wrecking Crew. What was the song?

A.) Love is Blue
B.) Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet
C.) Classical Gas

Answer C- Classical Gas

What do the addresses 6000 and 6050 Sunset Blvd in Hollywood Ca. have to do with the Wrecking Crew in the 1960’s.

A.) The address of Gold Star Recorders
B.) The address of their
two favorite restaurants
C.) The address of United Western Recorders

Answer C- United Western Recorders

The studio at Gold Star Recorders was packed for this session in March of 1966 recording a track written and produced by Phil Spector. What is the name of the song, and who sang it?

A.) “River Deep Mountain High” - Tina Turner
B.) Be My Baby - The Ronettes
C.) You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ - The Righteous Brothers

Answer A- River Deep Mountain High

Members of the Wrecking Crew recorded this track in 1962 as The Routers. It became a favorite of cheerleaders everywhere....

A.) Rah-Rah Siss-Boom Bah
B.) Let’s Go
C. Be True To Your School

Answer B- Let’s Go

In the 1960's Ross Bagdasarian (under the name David Seville) created this famous vocal trio.

A.) The Chiffons
B.) The Crystals
C.) The Chipmunks

Answer C- The Chipmunks

Lou Adler produced many hits with The Wrecking Crew for artists such as the Mamas and the Papas, Johnny Rivers, The Grass Roots and others. He went on to produce a mega-
selling album released in 1971. What was name of the album?

A.) Tapestry - Carole King
B.) Blue- Joni Mitchell
C.) Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel

Answer A- Tapestry

During a session for Mike Nesmith, which Wrecking Crew member tossed his still plugged-in guitar in the air and let it crash to the studio floor to get the desired effect that Mike
wanted.

A.) Al Casey
B.) Tommy Tedesco
C.) James Burton

Answer B-Tommy Tedesco

The Wrecking Crew played on the epic 3 movement track “MacArthur Park” which was sung by someone known more for being an actor than a singer. Was it:

A.) Richard Harris
B) Richard Burton
C.) Richard Chamberlin

Answer - A- Richard Harris

The track,“No Matter What Shape ( your stomach’s in) recorded by the Wrecking Crew as "The T-Bones" was featured in a very popular commercial back in the 60's. What product was the commercial for?

A.) Pepto Bismol
B.) Alka Seltzer
C) Milk Of Magnesia

Answer B-Alka Seltzer

According to BMI, this track which was co-written and produced by Phil Spector, is listed as the song with the most U.S. airplay in the 20th century.

A.) Be My Baby
B) You’ve Lost The Lovin’ Feelin’
C.) Unchained Melody

Answer B- You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’

This Wrecking Crew guitarist was occasionally seen playing behind popular teen-idol Ricky Nelson on “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet” in the early 1960's.

A.) Billy Strange
B.) Glen Campbell
C.). James Burton

Answer C- James Burton

Which Wrecking Crew member was known to have a real aversion to
changing strings on their instrument?

A.) Tommy Tedesco
B) Bill Pitman
C.)Joe Osborn

Answer C- Joe Osborn

Source: http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/wreckingcrewtrivia.pdf

I really look forward to this movie, here's hoping.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for sharing Mac, I've seen them before but still missed a couple.

As a backer, I'm going to get the DVD. I own very few movies, but this is a gem that should prove to be a keeper.

I've written to Denny and suggested closed captioning or subtitles because a lot of musicians have high frequency hearing damage and he said, "I'll make sure we do. Sounds like a great idea."

When I was young, I played with a drummer who did standards, and not too loud, but as he aged, he was constantly buying brighter and brighter cymbals. Get him in a noisy room and he couldn't understand a word you said. But he was a great drummer. That's when I started using ear plugs.

I really admire how the Wrecking Crew could do 'arrangements on the fly' and come up with such a varied collection of tunes. People like The Wrecking Crew and the songwriters in the Brill Building are some of my most respected people in rock and roll.

BTW, I read once that during the auditions for the Monkees, the interviewer played practical jokes on the unsuspecting applicants, like putting a water balloon above the door so it would fall on them as they entered. How they reacted to the joke was an important part of the interview process.

I also heard they brought their instruments to the first session and were disappointed they didn't get to play. The response was, "You know how to play live, we know how to make records." (or something like that).

And although the Beach Boys used the W.C., Carl Wilson often played the lead guitar on the cuts.

And Plas Johnson has been doing sessions forever, and played the piccolo on Bobby Day's "Rockin' Robin" back in 1958 - and of course, he IS the Pink Panther on the recording. I've always had a lot of respect for Plas.

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Another movie to check out is "Lush Life", with Forest Whitaker and Jeff Goldblum as jazz musicians. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Lush Life, absolutely.

And a must for all serious modern musicians is the movie depicting how Arturo Sandoval finally escaped from Cuba, "For Love or Country" in which Arturo wrote the thing and played all the Trumpet parts, to include him doing some great and exact mimicking of Dizzy. Another actor played Arturo himself and mimed the trumpet playing that Arturo supplied in the underscore. The cat who played Diz really didn't look like Diz, but turned in a stellar performance nonetheless.

Great movie. Paquito D'Rivera is depicted in there too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236285/reviews

Movies about modern musicians have come a long way since the days of the hokey swing band depictions. Let. Us. Give. Thanks.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Another movie to check out is "Lush Life", with Forest Whitaker and Jeff Goldblum as jazz musicians. Later, Ray

Thanks! I'll check that out. "Lush Life" is one of my favorite Billy Strayhorn compositions.

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don't plan to be in NYC. So I'll miss that one.

Plus every time the Wrecking Crew had a fund-raising screening it has been nowhere in driving distance from me. I'd drive from home to either Orlando or Miami for a screening, but that hasn't happened.

I miss a lot of things by living in South Florida, but then it's going to be in the 80s (Fahrenheit) today and the nighttime temperatures have been in the 60s.

So I miss things, but the climate is nice! And at least the major touring symphony orchestras make a stop in driving distance.

Oh well, I'll have the DVD and after the release I might be able to see it on the big screen.

I'm not a fanboy of anybody but I have great respect for the musicians in that movie.

I saw the Funk Brothers movie with bittersweet emotions because I met those guys and jammed with a few when Motown was courting our band - but that deal fell through over money.

When I see the Wrecking Crew movie, I'll be seeing the people who created the licks I had to memorize while in cover bands.

It ought to be a lot of fun.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Well, Bob, we may not be able to travel to catch stuff in person, but isn't it wonderful that we can travel virtually via the Internet and keep tabs on so many things?

I'm diggin' it.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

Can't thank you enough for this post. This is one of those stories that not only has to be told but it should be required viewing, not only for everyone and anyone who calls him or herself a musician, but for everyone who has listened to all of the mega hits The Wrecking Crew brought to life.

Great post!

Later,

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Here's a Kickstarter campaign for which I think they should have changed the pledge reward amounts by about 1/2.

I'd like a copy of the DVD, but I'm not up for paying $30 for it.

$15-20 would be the max I would be willing to pay for.

I wonder if they didn't kill their Kickstarter by charging so much for the DVD pledge level?

They need $250,000.

At $30, they have 176 backers, by far the most popular pledge 'swag'. Makes sense, people want to see/own the movie.

That's a total of $5280 toward their end goal so far of $250,000. They've already raised $46,000+ through other backings of other pledge swag amounts - but 176 backers is the biggest category so far.

I bet they could get WAY more people interested at a $15 amount for the DVD.

At $30, I would wait to rent it or request that my local library buy a copy, or see if it shows up on Netflix.

Let's say to make my theory work, they need to get at least 2x the number of backers as at the $30 level just to make it a wash. 3x or 4x or even 5x would make lowering the price by half more attractive.

The other $15 and under swag has almost zero interest. Much more interest in all of the bundles including the DVD.

I bet they could have already met their goal had they made the DVD level at $15 and lowered all the other swag packages by $15.

I'm concerned for this one not meeting it's goal.

With that said, the cool thing about Kickstarter is that if at first you don't succeed, you can come back with a different project and see how it rolls.

Here's one I backed that failed first time through:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thepikespeakguy/365-days-of-pikes-peak-the-journey?ref=live

This guy re-assessed what he wanted to do, spent a little more time greasing the skids on social media, and came back a couple weeks later and successfully funded his project.
I pledged again at the same swag level and have an unbelievably beautiful coffee table book of some of the best photos ever taken of Pikes Peak.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thepikespeakguy/365-days-of-pikes-peak-the-journey-0?ref=live

Through his first printing sales, he was able to fund a soft-cover version of the book as well. For sale at Amazon (of course just about anything is for sale there), but each sale for him is now pretty much gravy http://www.amazon.com/365-Days-Pikes-Pea...=pikes+peak+guy

It will be interesting to see if this Wrecking Crew movie gets the necessary funding at these donation level/swag levels. Here's one where I think the law of supply and demand will come into play and unfortunately I think they put the price for the DVD higher than where the supply/demand curve expects it to be.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
What is the time period over which the $5280 was raised?

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Originally Posted By: Mac
What is the time period over which the $5280 was raised?

Mac, it looks like they have achieved the $46,000+ funding in less than a week so far because the funding period is listed as:

Funding period
Oct 30, 2013 - Dec 21, 2013 (51 days)

That actually bodes pretty well, as in the last few days of these things, there's usually a big push by fans and existing backers to get their friends to also back. At least that's what I've seen from the couple of projects I've backed. They are almost like eBay auctions in that light.

There's no way to actually track the individual backing levels as an 'outsider'.

Here's a project that I tried to get my employer to back: http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/24/formlabs-series-a/

The pledge level was only something like $3000 to get an actual working model. The kickstarter project was looking for I believe a few hundred thousand, and they got over 3 million! They since secured some 19 million dollar backing.

I have it on very good authority, that the price they charged is less than 1/10 the commercial off the shelf versions of something similar.

The makers of these types of devices are trying to control the market access to the resins. Back to the topic.

Since they raised $46,000+ in less than a week, they probably will achieve their goal, and thereby limit too many people getting the DVD for less than $30, which probably cuts into long term profitability considering the somewhat narrow (compared to feature films or even mass appeal documentaries) market.

I hope it does as well or better than Standing in the Shadows of Motown. That was a great film.

Last edited by rockstar_not; 11/04/13 05:04 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
To your point:

I would buy an American Tele for 1500.00 - 2000.00 with the wrecking crew paint job. But my guess is that hitting that "magic" price point (for all items) requires some major research as to just what the market will bare. With this said I am thinking they might not have had good advice before setting the points . . . 75.00 for a T-Shirt, wow!

Also, I can't help but wondering that on a project like this why can't some of the fat cats just wave the licensing fees, or do they have the power to do so?

Later,

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Danny,

You are talking about the accursed 'Recording Industry', which knows mechanical royalties only as far as I can tell. If the fat cats really cared for the members of the WC, I bet the WC could have funded the licensing payoff with nary a dent in their pocketbooks.

I have to acknowledge that pricing of these kinds of things is really pretty vague. For those who count members of the WC as hero status, there's probably all manner of willingness to pay.

I just find it interesting that there's way higher backer counts for the items with the DVD than those without. The DVD is THE item to have. They'll probably fund without issue.

-Scott

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mac
Well, Bob, we may not be able to travel to catch stuff in person, but isn't it wonderful that we can travel virtually via the Internet and keep tabs on so many things?

I'm diggin' it.

--Mac

A definite "YES"

We live in wonderful times.

Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Here's a Kickstarter campaign for which I think they should have changed the pledge reward amounts by about 1/2.

I'd like a copy of the DVD, but I'm not up for paying $30 for it.

To each his/her own. I would have spent more than that for fuel and admission to drive to Orlando or Miami to see it, and I'd have done that gladly.

I'm in for the DVD plus a bonus but I think it's worth it. But we all have our priorities, and you may be correct, they may be charging too much. Time will tell.

I've driven about 280 miles round trip to Miami Beach to hear the Moscow Symphony play Shostakovitch's 4th symphony - the one he was afraid to publish until Stalin died, fearing for his very life (it was great). Closer to home and a day earlier they played the more conventional #5 (missed that one). I spent more on the #4 tickets than I'm doing for the DVD, not to mention the fuel.

I've spent more on a dinner and I suspect I will get enjoyment out of this longer than it takes to digest a nice meal.

But those are my personal priorities.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: Danny C.

Also, I can't help but wondering that on a project like this why can't some of the fat cats just wave the licensing fees, or do they have the power to do so?

By now, it is unlikely that the rights belong to any single performer or the likes, holding companies - and that means their attorneys - likely own the rights. Whether or not a holding company would bother to do something like that is probably governed by the fact that the holding company is only in business to generate monies for the shareholders, right?

But it could happen.

--Mac

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I just spent more time on the Kickstarter page, and supposedly, the $250,000 will go in part to pay for whatever rights the performing musicians have coming to them. Here's a quote from the site: "In 2010, I realized the only way to get this film released was through donations. The International Documentary Association (IDA) became our fiscal sponsor. Over the last few years, we’ve raised nearly $300K in donations to pay off labels, publishers and some of the stock footage, but we still need to pay a fee directly to the musicians through the AFM (American Federation of Musicians). This is called a re-use fee and is one bill I can’t wait to pay. I’m happy to be able to pay the musicians for the memories they gave us. These musicians are the reason I have stayed with this project for over 17 years. I want to finally give credit where credit is due."

-Scott

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
After thinking about it overnight:

If I were to see the movie at the theater and bring Leilani I'd probably spend almost $30, on tickets and the snack bar, and we wouldn't get to see the bonus material.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Don't just stand there,

Talkin' trash;

If ya want ta Have Fun ya better;

- $pend $ome Ca$h,

An' let da Good Times Roll...

grin

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,725
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197